Football Manager Live Announced

• Thread starter Sports Interactive
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 5K
S

Sports Interactive

Sports Interactive announce brand new massively multiplayer online football management game

View a Q and A with Sports Interactive Studio director Miles Jacobson
Visit the FML forums

LONDON (April 20th, 2007) –SEGA® Europe Ltd today announced the future release of Football Manager™ Live, a brand new massively multiplayer online game from acclaimed developers Sports Interactive. Scheduled for release in Spring 2008, Football Manager Live has its roots set in the best-selling and award-winning Football Manager™ series, but has been designed specifically as a massively multiplayer online game.

Football Manager Live is a brand new concept in football management and allows you to build a club from scratch to compete against friends and rivals online for the ultimate in Football Manager bragging rights. It’s the definitive test of football management skills, allowing you to set-up mini-leagues amongst your friends, bid in player auctions and compete in live matches 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Matches take place in real-time with a range of tactical options for managers to control as they follow all the action via the realistic 2D match engine. In addition, the in-game chat option means managers can exchange comments on the virtual touchline, whilst other aspiring managers can view their competitors and learn their tactics.

Away from the stadium, users will need to control their club in a host of different ways. This ranges from the basics of choosing your club name, colours, badge and pitch size; right through to the nitty-gritty of balancing the finances and improving their squad by buying and selling players using an auction style transfer system.

The game is the brainchild of Sports Interactive co-founder, Oliver Collyer and is designed for a whole new audience of football gamers, as well as existing Sports Interactive fans.

“With Football Manager Live, we're ripping up the script that says how online football management games should work" says Oliver Collyer. "We're creating something that is fun, challenging and sociable.”

“Imagine a cross between Football Manager, fantasy sports and auctions sites and you are part of the way to understanding Football Manager Live” commented Miles Jacobson, Managing Director of Sports Interactive. “It’s great to be able to announce the game, and we can’t wait to see the reaction to the beta when it launches next month.”

Football Manager Live is due for release in spring 2008, with a beta test set to launch in May 2007. To find out more about participating in the test and to receive updates on Football Manager Live visit the official websites at www.footballmanagerlive.com or www.sigames.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good to me. If it's anywhere near as good (or hopefully better) than CM-Online I will definately be taking part.

Some screenshots available here.

swnds pretty cool. hav tried the setting up a club through editor on fm, tis fun

sounds cool , will defo do it

sounds like it will take a long time though settin up a full club which could put me off but we will see!

Looks good that, hopefully be faster than when we all play from Kris' computer :p

Might get it, depends on the price, They should sell it in the shops with a one year subscription and just bring a new one out every year, they would get so many more subscribers.

Looks good that, hopefully be faster than when we all play from Kris' computer :p

My pc has always/will always pwn all :D

It sounds liek a good idea but i dunno if i would be up for it

Would it be possible to join private worlds?

I know it would be a waste of a serve if there was only 20 players on it but maybe if a few sites teamed up they could get a few hundred people to play on one game server.

I think it's all one world. But you can make your own leagues and cups etc.. so you basically only play who you choose to play.

From what I read worlds only consist of 1000 players.

i would buy it if we got an fm base league going

Well of course there's gonna be an FM-Base league :D

i would buy it if we got an fm base league going

A game that people aint going to give up on so quickly, lasts a bit like the FM 05 or 06 one we all had having Gregor the Harry Redknapp of our league!

Well at least one of us gets to test it :)