Football Manager stole my life: 20 years of beautiful obsession

Status
Not open for further replies.

matranti

Premium
Reaction score
Football Manager stole my life: 20 years of beautiful obsession

For anyone who hasn't I strongly suggest you read this book before you go off slating FM 13 and the various bugs in the game. I'm only 37% of the way in (reading on Kindle), but it was definitely worth the few quid off Amazon.

I appreciate the game has a few errors in it but reading this book you can see the incredible amount of work, the highs and lows and the trials and tribulations that SI go through every year trying to improve on the game. It covers everything from the great players we all used to buy from Mark Kerr to Cherno Samba (including interviews with many others that never realised that 180 PA in the real world.

But it also covers the battle against Piracy and and the difficulties of previous releases being late or not compatible with all systems or the appearance on Watchdog.

Considering this started out as two brothers messing around on BBC computer I'd say they've done a f*****g good job of producing FM to the standard it is today, bearing in mind that they have over a 1000 researchers, one of which is now the Chief scout at Sporting Lisbon (or one of the other 2 big Portuguese clubs) and also Everton use their database as part of their scouting network.

So before you go ranting and raving about a cross shot costing you two points at Old Trafford have a read and be a little appreciative of the effort behind the game. I'm not saying it's a perfect game, there never will be or else we wouldn't be waiting for FM 2014.

Just be a little more constructive with you're points about the issues as they are more likely to be fixed if the comments are sensible rather than "it's **** and I'm going back to FM 12"!

Nice! Might get it when it drops down a few quid. Already got loads to read on my kindle for now!

Or I won't, because it doesn't want to work. So just repost this in there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.