Football Manager Stories. 2015 Compared to 2016.

Reaction score
Is it just me who thinks that the standard of football manager stories has extremely dropped this season compared to last season? (Not all, I've followed a few good ones so far.)

But it just seems that they are not taking off as much anymore, whether thats due to people not enjoying the game as much or the following of people getting smaller.

After how busy last years stories were, I was expecting this year to be even bigger on the story scene!

I wish I had more time so I could have carried mine on myself, but even though I wasn't going to write this year, I was still hoping to read much more.

What does everyone else think? Or is it just me?

You're trolling people by putting this on the Story thread! :p

Agreed, though there have been a few great stories. I reckon people have just gotten way bored of FM. I've gone back to FM12 myself

Personally, I got discouraged last year when I tried to start a few and they never really took off but I'm quite happy with how my King of Rome save has done so far. It is true though that there are less stories that are really huge apart from SaintMotbot's Southampton save and PatrickLFC's save as well as your Steven Gerrard one. No disrespect to any other ones that I might not have followed but I don't think the quality has dropped, maybe just the amount of people following.

You're trolling people by putting this on the Story thread! :p

Agreed, though there have been a few great stories. I reckon people have just gotten way bored of FM. I've gone back to FM12 myself

It was meant of no disrespect, there are some great stories out there, it just felt last year we had such a range of stories, i think we have about quarter of that this year.

Personally, I got discouraged last year when I tried to start a few and they never really took off but I'm quite happy with how my King of Rome save has done so far. It is true though that there are less stories that are really huge apart from SaintMotbot's Southampton save and PatrickLFC's save as well as your Steven Gerrard one. No disrespect to any other ones that I might not have followed but I don't think the quality has dropped, maybe just the amount of people following.

Yeah this is what I thought, the stories are just not taking off as much because of the lack of following, not seen your story so will check that out now!

We obviously need you back Jamie!

But actually I was talking to Lippo about it the other day and he says that FM in general hasn't been as popular this year, all the sites have less viewers and the like. Apparently people don't like the increased realism of this year's game because it's much harder

We obviously need you back Jamie!

But actually I was talking to Lippo about it the other day and he says that FM in general hasn't been as popular this year, all the sites have less viewers and the like. Apparently people don't like the increased realism of this year's game because it's much harder

In all honesty, I like it that way - there's only so much enjoyment you can get out of winning everything every season. I've gone from being able to go over a hundred games unbeaten easily a couple of FM's ago, to barely being able to get 5 unbeaten most of the time!

In all honesty, I like it that way - there's only so much enjoyment you can get out of winning everything every season. I've gone from being able to go over a hundred games unbeaten easily a couple of FM's ago, to barely being able to get 5 unbeaten most of the time!
Yeah I agree, last year I used to be able to go almost 90 games unbeaten and win trophies after trophies. I remember winning like 6 trophies one season too...

I agree completely, it's been far more interesting this year in my opinion, last year's wasn't nearly as much fun for that exact reason. Kind of annoyed to have cracked the formula in my story now tbh, it's shifting towards the too easy stage

Ive been meaning to get one going, but I just dont have the time which is annoying. Having a job and a fiancee gets in the way of FM time too much :|

Whilst I'm enjoying my current story, I would have loved to have done one similar to the Luis Garcia one I did last year. Unfortunately I'm out the house 12 hours a day, and I need sleep and food in the other 12, so I just don't have time.

There has been a decline in viewers as well, which hasn't helped us, and writers. That said, we do have some quality writers I'd not come across before this year, so that's been useful.

The other thing I've noted is the increase in chairman games this year, but a lack of varied players. I find them tedious personally, but it seems as if people just aren't bothered with participation either.

Personally, it feels like people are just viewing the story and not commenting. It's actually something that I am guilty about it too.

I don't know what to say really, since I've pretty much a lurker until recently so...
It's true that it seemed to be more affluence in the FM 2k15 story subforum than in this one and some of the apparently big names around stopped their story related activities... But on the other side, from the perspective from a new story teller making his name around here one small contribution at a time... well, I can view it as a something positive even (as it'll be supposedly easier to gain some attention).

So I guess that it's bad on the grand scale, but on a small personal level it can be somehow regarded as a good thing (sorry if it sounded a tad too selfish ^^U)