Football Manager to get in-game ads

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
In-game advertising is set to feature in upcoming Football Manager titles, following the announcement of a deal between SEGA Europe, Sports Interactive and IGA Worldwide .

The deal, which includes the MMO game Football Manager Live, will allow brands access to advertising prospects similar to those available in the real football environment, including league and tournament sponsorship, and pitch-side billboards.

"The Football Manager series boasts 3 of the top 5 fastest selling PC games in history and we are extremely enthusiastic about partnering with Sports Interactive and SEGA on these world-leading titles leading into the Euro 2008 series this summer," said Justin Townsend, CEO of IGA Worldwide.

"The unique opportunities available to our clients in these titles offer unrivalled exposure, engagement and accountability whilst adding realism and context to a game environment that prides itself on these same qualities."

----

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/football-manager-to-get-in-game-ads

sell outs ftl. As long as it doesnt affect playing the game directly i cant see it bothering me too much.

^ agreed.

Although does this mean when your board announces 'a new sponsorship deal for the next three years has been agreed' etc it will be with an actual company? Cos that would be a nice touch

Yeah would be nice if it actually named companies etc... Adds a bit more realism I spose, but aslong as theyre not like huge massive ads that pop up here and there it wont bother me at all

As long as advertising doesn't ruin the game then I have no problem with it. PES, FIFA, Gran Turismo, etc.. are all fine with adds because it just mirrors reality so there are plenty of place to shove it in FM as well.

^ agreed.

Although does this mean when your board announces 'a new sponsorship deal for the next three years has been agreed' etc it will be with an actual company? Cos that would be a nice touch

Would be great that.

As said, as long as it doesn't affect the performance of the game and doesn't look too hidious.

As long as advertising doesn't ruin the game then I have no problem with it. PES, FIFA, Gran Turismo, etc.. are all fine with adds because it just mirrors reality so there are plenty of place to shove it in FM as well.

Completely agree. It's a football game there should be plenty of legit places to put these ads without ruining the game. I'm sure there will be ways of removing them with mods etc as well :pleased:

From what I saw in FML the main place for ads was billboards around the pitch which looked absolutely horrible.

Still, I quit just after they were introduced so they may look better than they did now, or just take some getting used to.

Will it have the realism of all the sponsors going bust and leaving the clubs sponsorless as seems the norm this season!!!!!!!!!

From what I saw in FML the main place for ads was billboards around the pitch which looked absolutely horrible.

Still, I quit just after they were introduced so they may look better than they did now, or just take some getting used to.

Yeh they do look horrible on FM Live. But obviously now that we know it's in 3D it will hopefully look a bit nicer.