Football Manager, Youtube and Twitch

Konzka

Reaction score
This years Football Manager is set up much better to stream and record gameplay. With these features, do you think Football Manager could get big on Youtube and Twitch or if the videos will get low views. FIFA videos started off slow a few years ago but they are everywhere now. A lot of people even make a living from uploading FIFA gameplay to Youtube etc... So do you guys think FM will grow on these sites this year or stay the same?

I'd like to live stream FM! Don't you need a capture card or some sort of hardware though?

This years Football Manager is set up much better to stream and record gameplay. With these features, do you think Football Manager could get big on Youtube and Twitch or if the videos will get low views. FIFA videos started off slow a few years ago but they are everywhere now. A lot of people even make a living from uploading FIFA gameplay to Youtube etc... So do you guys think FM will grow on these sites this year or stay the same?

There are already some very popular FM YouTube channels out there with some great content.

I think making an interesting stream will be difficult though as FM isn't really that interesting to watch somebody else play - unless they are doing something unique.

You also have to remember that the sales figures for Football Manager, while still impressive, are nothing compared to FIFA. So FIFA has a much larger user base.

I would personally say no. Like Sean already mentioned while Football Manager is one of the most interesting games to play.. its because it creates and shapes a world you as a manager live in; you get a connection to the team, players (either already existing in real life or not) and even tactic (there have been tactics on here that I still remember like Bossa Nova in FM13.. amazing)..

When someone else plays it is their world.. and for me it become much more apparent that it is not real.. For some reason all the people that have been playing or streaming FM on youtube/twitch have decided to play the matches in 2D.. which makes me even less immersed in what is happening.

I have tried watching people play the game.. but a person just clicking through menu's.. buying players you have 0 connection with because its not players in your world etc, then using a terrible standard tactic (for example I have seen one person who just.. plays 4-5-1 in every game he plays.. does not matter if its Barcelona, Liverpool, Norwich City or Doncaster)..

Twitch therefore is even more difficult than youtube because on Twitch you cant edit anything, you have to talk about and during everything (even when you are just on the squad screen).. and it feels like you are listening to a dragged out football talkshow.. Youtube content however, as far as I have seen it, works with some strange formula where you get to see match highlights.. a team update and then 1 match in full (lame 2D) commentary.. On the one hand this is better because it feels much more like a team update that you are following... but the less you see and less you are involved also has an influence (for me atleast) on what you do see. For example when people are showing their transfers.. they just show them as a list of names.. going over profiles.. saying that player x is going to be great.. but the fact that you did not find or choose it yourself.. or that it is a great newgen in your own world for example.. turns it just in a list of names .. then when those names go into a match its a list of names that play football..

Therefore I think that FIFA is watchable because it is almost like you are watching a normal game, while you also watch for someone his/her skill and commentary.. In FM, if you dont really spend hours upon hours on building your tactic.. there is not really that much skill involved.. commentary whise.. do you really want every second/minute/hour of FM with commentary? And during a match do you really want to watch 2D dots (that already include commentary) where someone talks like a supporter on every missed shot? "Ohhhhhhh Messi so close lad".. It might be for others.. but I would pick to play FM over watching it every day of the week.. and you are probably playing it so much that you do not want to watch even more of this great game

I think like any game how entertaining a stream is depends on the commentator. I've seen good and bad vids / streams.

If I did one I would most probably be getting more tipsy and shouty as it went on. The best FM vids I've seen are where each match is uploaded separately & especially when the player loses and rages.

I've been streaming FM on twitch now for nearly 3 months, the community is fantastic, really mature community with good people. Ive just finished streaming and we had over 70 people in and the discussion in chat was fantastic! ill be streaming again later if anyones interested in dropping by. my twitch is Twitch

Hi Guys i have been doing Youtube for my save and its really enjoyable and is going well - check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juCTCVdVHy8&list=UUqLB-Hrxw4BYddPB3fZBUIA

Im hoping to stream soon tooo !

Do you really have to promote it f*****g everywhere? you have opened 3 threads about the subject so far and now you are also spamming other topics.. for me it really demotivates me to watch your vids dude. However I just watched your linked vid and let me give you some advice; first of all you are following the exact same format like others; nothing new, nothing interesting. If you want people to watch you.. try something unique, try something that seperates you from the rest.

You talk very.. boring/monotone.. and also pretty **** quiet..like you dont really enjoy playing football manager or making these vids.. it is not really fun to watch when someone is not really clearly outspoken/has an opinion/is a personality

Last but not least and the biggest problem that I'm sure will stop anyone from watching your vids; your pc is not good enough because your matches (the match engine) is lagging hard (even in 2D).. for me it is already unbearable to watch the 2D view.. but when it is lagging / stuttering it is just terrible.. would you watch a real football game if every player was stuttering and lagging? If you want to make vids start by getting a PC that can handle FM and (also not less important) a good mic that makes it a good listening experience).. but man the lag.. I cannot even see what is happening..

Ok thank you for the constructive criticism and being new to this i am making some newb errors and ******* people off i will try and draw back and work on it, believe it or not i appreciate this post and i will try to leave everyones posts alone, Im sure you know where to find me if you ever forgive me and want too haha

Ok thank you for the constructive criticism and being new to this i am making some newb errors and ******* people off i will try and draw back and work on it, believe it or not i appreciate this post and i will try to leave everyones posts alone, Im sure you know where to find me if you ever forgive me and want too haha

Dont worry mate, once the release date is here, the story section gets awesome traffic, you;'ll defo pick up viewers and ideas :)