Football Managing Ebooks or PDF

JoshAFC

Reaction score
Hey iv'e just read tactical theroms 10 from start to finish. I would like to read more books on football managing and football manager as I really want to become a manager for my job is their any books anyone has read or is willing to suggest for me to.

Thanks Very Appreciated,

Josh :D

Eds-99's guide on how to read jbolas' guide to football management.

sorry but you wont be a football manager if you dont have history in the game

FM Britain (the publishers of the TT&F) have left the SI affiliates scheme after a disagreement with SI about charging for their guides. FM Britain will not be publishing any guides for FM 11.

Keep an eye out on FM Base for upcoming content, and hopefully a guide of some sort in the near future.

As for becoming a real life football manager, i suggest getting involved with coaching people younger than you at a local club, and from there progressing onto your FA and then UEFA coaching badges. Even with all the relevant badges, the world of coaching/scouting/management within football is very much about your past career (as a pro footballer) and also who you know. You might only ever become the manager of your local semi pro side, but who knows, a lower league side might give you a chance if you have a good record.

Edit: Not sure on management books but there are plenty of good coaching/tactics books out there. As well as tactics and other relevant abilities, eg judging player potential etc, the most important managerial attribute is man management imo. Even if Sir Alex Ferguson were to tutor you personally I'm not sure it can be taught, its very much a God given talent. So I'm not sure whether any books on the subject would be of use.

Last edited:
I'd highly recommend 'Inverting the Pyramid' by Jonathan Wilson. It analyses tactics throughout history as they have evolved into the modern game. A very good read.

sorry but you wont be a football manager if you dont have history in the game

It's unfortunate, but true. You'd need to have at least had a semi-professional career to manage in the Football League & Premier League. Otherwise we'd all be wanting to manage football! However low tier teams are definitely not out of the picture! :)

Like Jake said, you can start in coaching and work you way up. It is not impossible. If you are truly talented at management, someone will surely notice.

Last edited:
thanks guys i will definitely have a look at "inverting the pyramid" thanks again :D