Football nightmare reversed into a football dream.

ShedArmy

Reaction score
We go back a few days and i have just beaten Feyenoord to book my place in the Champions Cup quarter finals.. The draw is done i have been drawn against Porto the second weakest team left in the tournement.

Going into the game i am very confident, my team (Chelsea) are unbeaten in 9 games all of them being wins.
I start the same team that have recently beaten man united 2-0, arsenal 2-0, and liverpool 4-0.

The game has started i am dominating but then disaster strikes and Ashley Cole puts it in his own net on the 11th minute, Even though i am loosing i still feel extremely confident, My team are playing well and are pushing for the equalizer before half time but then it goes wrong Hulk scores just before the break, Now i am starting to worry!

I change my formation and bring on a extra striker determined to bring this match back into my hands for the second leg, but in doing so i have left myself weak at the back and Hulk smashes another one into the net meaning Porto lead me 3-0 at Stamford Bridge, this is getting embarassing at this point i am not sure what to do.
I change formation again hoping that i can have some hope of building on in the second leg, but the footballing gods must not have been happy with me as Porto add a fourth.

What a nightmare!
nightmare.jpg

So its the day of the second leg against Porto i am unsure how i should go about this game, do i try and go for it? and hope that every player busts a gut to win this tie or do i rest my big players for some important league games coming?
I decide i will go for it. I play a formation i have never played before it involves 3 strikers 2 attacking midfielders and just the single central midfielder.

I try to fire up my players telling them "You can win this match!"...
It must of worked my players started of extremely well, Pablo Piatti scores with a cheeky chip from outside the box! but it we are still very far away from a win let alone a semi final spot.

My team are still dominating and are making lots of chances and then Fernando Torres plays a peach of a ball to Piatti to leave him one on one with Beto (Porto keeper) and he takes it well to make it 0-2. Im halfway there! as the game gets going again i am still dominating with Piatti playing his best game so far for the club.
The game is reaching half time and Porto are on the attack and come close with a corner only for Cech to save it and quickly dispense it for a Chelsea counter attack, Malouda has the ball on the left rapidly reaching the box where he shoots! Beto pushes it out where it lands right on the head of miniture Pablo Piatti! Goal! Hattrick! 3-0 just before half time.

Now i am feel we can pull this back but i change my formation worried that my overly attacking formation will not be safe enough to use.
My decision to change the formation was the wrong decision and Porto immediatly start to dominate me and then they score a well made goal... I am gutted but i feel we can still do this so i change back to the original formation.
The game is now very even they are having their chances and we are having ours, but then a good pass from Lampard to Piatti on the wing gives us a good chance Torres and Lukaku are in the box awaiting a cross.. But Piatti goes for the wonderful and skills out 2 defenders then cuts inside to hammer it in. 1-4! Game on!

The game has now died down no one is creating any good chances on each side and it is approaching the dieing minutes of the game, i am ordering my players to overload the attacking but its not paying off. Porto are defending well and we cannot get in their box, but then from nowhere in the 85th minutes Torres gets the ball on the edge of the box.. Hits it! GOAL!. 1-5! I lead on away goals!
The rest of the game consisted of me pulling everyone back to hold onto this and we did!
Piaaaaaaatti.jpg

And that is my story of how my team reversed a nightmare into a dream (H)

(I salute all of you who read all of that)

Last edited:
More people would read it if the pictures weren't there XD they actually do paint a thousand words!

Last edited:
.......wow that's .......... jus brilliant kudos to my friend did you go all the way and win the champs league?

.......wow that's .......... jus brilliant kudos to my friend did you go all the way and win the champs league?

Thanks :). Not yet taken a break from football manager for a few hours but have a nice semi final with man united coming up so who knows might even have another story to tell :D

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

More people would read it if the pictures weren't there XD they actually do paint a thousand words!

Some spoilers should do the job :D

now all that needs to happen is for a computer team to pull that on you. then you'll quit for good. I've been getting 2 injuries per game..so right now 6/11 of my first team is injured plus 1 suspended..

now all that needs to happen is for a computer team to pull that on you. then you'll quit for good. I've been getting 2 injuries per game..so right now 6/11 of my first team is injured plus 1 suspended..

I shall burn the disk if any team dares to do it.(6)

Good luck on your season with all them injuries!:O

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

well done really like this :D

Thanks mate :D