Football Scout

*JK*

19th Title Here we Come
Reaction score
Hi people, ATM I am split in what I would like to do when im older, and the two choices are Car Mechanic or a footballing scout. But my dilemma is, How do I become a scout? and where do I have to go tro?

My biggest dream would be becoming a football scout. Imagine what an awesome job. <3

After a manager that would be a dream. The only way i know would be to have contacts in football.

You may have to go through a similar process to becoming a coach, Taking your badges and all that lot

your best chance is to train as a Mechanic get all your qualifications then if you still wanting to go in to scouting you can, but at least you have something to fall back on if that dosn't work

side note i have no idea what you would have to do to become a scout

check the fa website they have lots of details on getting into football and stuff

Make some phone calls mate, Id recommend getting your car mechanic qualifications so you have that to fall back on, Then chase your dream of being a scout. I ruined my chances of an apprenticeship because I chose to follow my dream as being a football coach (which could still happen) but a very small chance no matter how many badges I have. anyway.. Get the more obvious one first. Better chance then chase your dream if you get nowhere you know you still have the mechanic job there, and you can even work as a mechanic whilst trying to become a scout.

By phone calls I mean, Call Up FA, Or travel to visit local clubs and ask questions about it I'm sure alot of the smaller clubs would help. You never know might even get lucky and get offered a trial job with them ;)

Scouting is not a field you can qualify for like you can with coaching.

Most scouts are either ex-professionals, or the relatives of ex-professionals or current managers.

Most scouts are either ex-professionals, or the relatives of ex-professionals or current managers.

I am a football coach of an Under'10s football club and have met a few scouts that were nobodys there, Coaching for the likes of St mirren youth team under 10's level. I reckon if you can prove yourself and show determination there may be a chance of becoming one even if its not as big as the person would have hoped.

Understand what your saying though but its the same as coaching theres always only a small chance of getting a job unless your an ex pro,familt etc..

Unfortunately, I think that is the case. You need to allready be in the world of football i think.

A mate I havent seen in about 10 years was a football scout in Spain for a time, for a little 3rd division team. The woman he worked for husband became Chairman of the club and took him over to Spain. He didnt have any qualifications.

Unfortunately it only lasted for 6 months, from what I gathered, the chairman bought the club on a IOU to the old chairman, didnt pay any bills because he had no money, and is now in a Spanish Gaol.

be a mechanic, just attend lots of games, find a good young players recommend thento your closest half decent coach. Keep doing this and they give you a job ;)