Footy Debate

MCFCkev

Reaction score
Just out of bordem and love a good old footy debate i decided to start up this topic, If I have posted in wrong section then plesae move to right one. Thanks :D

Often I will post here just for something to do about a random football matter and we can all have a good debate on it, there is no right or wrong its your opinion. Try to keep the comments constructive!

Week One - The Referee's.
What is your opinion on the referee's today? Do they get influenced by a decision on and off the pitch by the home crowds, respected managers and/or certain players? Do the big clubs tend to get the more favourable decisions in game? Should the referee get more help by the assistant referee's, 4th official and/or new technology? More importantly how well do they do their job?

What’s your view?

I don't think any ref will go out to favor one side but i think they can be swayed by crowds. I also think refs go out with a pre conception about players and clubs which it is hard not to do to be fair. Yes they should be helped more by 4th officials as for me it should be about making the right call. Saying that i don't agree with going to the 4th official about everything foul etc etc but just red card decisions so on and so forth.

What we need, are hot female refs. Players will never dive and cry faking injuries in front of pretty lady.

i think all the officials need to be replaced, top and small teams seem to get the ref's on there side all the time while teams like Newcastle and Everton seem to be hated by the officials in every game which i think is pathetic and not fair and also spoiling Football.

Goal line technology needs to come through ASAP and also goal TV camera shoot needs to come through because of offside goals being allowed and also onside goals being disallowed.

Last edited:
In all seriousness I actually think she's one of the best assistant referees.

She's officially the 3rd highest ranked assistant ref now. So I can't see it being too long before she refs a top game.

I liked the way she helped out the ref by shouting foul yesterday when Rafael booted David Luiz, the ref might have missed that.

In all seriousness I actually think she's one of the best assistant referees.

Yeah totally agree mate, have been saying for over a year now that she is the best in the league.

I liked the way she helped out the ref by shouting foul yesterday when Rafael booted David Luiz, the ref might have missed that.

There was also an incident with RVP and Torres where RVP was flagged offside and he and Torres has some afters and you could hear her vocally shouting at both of them "be careful".

...Best of all, she 'got' Keys and Grey sacked, and we ended up with Gary Neville, the best thing that has happened to Sky in a long time.

...Best of all, she 'got' Keys and Grey sacked, and we ended up with Gary Neville, the best thing that has happened to Sky in a long time.

This is what I like the most ha