Reaction score
200px-Everton_F.C._%282014%E2%80%93%29.png
170px-England_crest_2009.svg.png
Everton Football Club - Founded in 1878, the Merseyside club have won nine First Division titles, five FA Cups, nine Charity Shields and the European Cup Winners Cup.
England National Team - 1966 World Cup winners, best performance since '66 in the World Cup was semi final in 1990. Reached semi final of Euro 1996.

What do these clubs have in common?
You're about to find out

View attachment 614639
View attachment 369085
Roy Hodgson resigns as England manager
Roy Hodgson has resigned as England manager citing irreconcilable differences with FA chairman Greg ****

The Englishman was appointed weeks before Euro 2012 and led England to the quarter finals losing to Italy in a penalty shoot-out.

Regarding his departure, Hodgson told the BBC;
"It's a shame my time as England manager had to end how it did. Unfortunately, Greg and I had disagreements over the future of the England team and I don't feel I can continue while he is chairman. I wish my successor the very best."

Hodgson replaced Italian Fabio Capello as manager after he resigned due to John Terry being stripped of captaincy. FA Chairman Greg **** was unavailable to comment when contacted by the BBC.

BBC Sources have indicated that England will not immediately appoint a new manager and will initially appoint a caretaker. U21 manager Gareth Southgate and coach Gary Neville are both being considered for the caretaker role.

Last edited:
View attachment 614656
View attachment 369081
England appoint Roberto Martinez as caretaker manager
Spaniard to take on role while in charge at Everton

FA Chairman Greg **** told reporters that Roberto Martinez had the qualities to manage England but the decision to appoint a permanent manager had not yet been made.

"Roberto is an excellent manager, he's proven that at Swansea, Wigan and Everton. An FA panel were unanimous in agreement that Roberto should steer the ship as you could say. For now, we have not yet made the decision on who will be England's permanent manager but it could well be the man next to me."

The Everton manager was asked if he would leave the Merseyside club in favour of England, he told the reporter; "No, if I was to manage England full time I would balance that with the Everton job. I love it in Merseyside and I don't want to leave. To manage England permanently would be an honour, I've been in Britain for the last seventeen years with most being in England. To walk out at Wembley as manager will be an honour I can't wait to experience."

Should Martinez not earn the job or accept it, the bookies favourite is Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers.

View attachment 615493
View attachment 368767
Argentina rescue draw at Wembley
Late Enzo Perez equaliser cancels out Theo Walcott goal

Roberto Martinez' first game as caretaker manager of England ended in a 1-1 draw with Argentina. Martinez started three Everton players with all three playing the full 90 minutes. Ross Barkley had a standout performance during the game helping to create Theo Walcott's goal.

The game as goalless for 56 minutes before Theo Walcott perfectly executed his shot into the bottom left corner. England had the most possession with 59% with the defence of Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka and Glen Johnson taming the attack of Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero and Cristian Alvarez. With the game seemingly in the bag, England showed complacency towards the final third of the game with Benfica midfielder Enzo Perez scoring from range to steal a draw.

Roberto Martinez told reporters of the privilege to walk out as England manager.
"It was an honour, a privilege. The feeling of walking out with the players in front of 90,000 fans was amazing. The atmosphere was incredible, the fans cheered my name. I've never felt that amount of pride before.

Next for Martinez, an opening day visit from Liverpool.

-- QUICK NOTE -- I will only be doing news articles for England games and important games for Everton.