For The Youngsters! | A Sam Barrell Story

LUFC Baz

Reaction score
Hello everybody my name is Sam and I am from Guernsey, Channel Islands been playing FM intensely since 2009. I've started a few stories in my time but will definately keep this one going! As you can tell I am a huge Leeds fan but this is not where the story starts.

Before I start with the story this is not just about one team but one man and my personal dream of becoming a football manager so if I've been sacked from a certain club the story will carry on!

McCarthy Just Not Doing It

View attachment 218788

Earlier today Wolverhampton Wanderers chairman Steve Morgan announced the dismissal of manager Mick McCarthy. Steve had this to say earlier "After only just staying up last year we as a club feel Mick has done all he can for Wolves and I don't see us sustaining a Premier League position with Mick in charge".

Odds For Next Wolves Manager
Steve Bruce 10/1
Neil Warnock 15/1
Glenn Hoddle 20/1
Alan Curbishley 25/1
Rafa Benitez 50/1

Another day for me Sam Barrell unemployed, no income and after completing my coaching badges I'm ready but even I know I'm going to have to start at the lower leagues I'm a nobody.

Another Saturday morning waking up at 9am nothing to do but watch Sky Sports all day long even though it's not the football season but there are some jobs available. Time to set off to go see the family in my little Ford Fiesta going down the M1 I decide to stop off and do some browsing on my laptop and play a bit of Football Manager when a man around the age of 55 comes and sits next to me and says this to me "You're Sam Barrell are you not?" I just nodded he went on to say "I was impressed with your results from your coaching courses and would like you to come with me to Wolverhampton and sign this contract". What contract I replied "To be manager of Wolverhampton Wanderers". I was gobsmacked so I drove to Wolverhampton signed the contract and like that we were talking about the new season.

This is where it begins......

View attachment 218792
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Founded: 1887
Stadium: Molineux
Capacity: 27,828
Manager: Sam Barrell
Chairman: Steve Morgan