For Those Frustrated & Upset With Football Manager 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonP12

Reaction score
A simple question...

Will you be buying Football Manager 2014, or have your bad experiences with Football Manager 2013 put you off buying next year's edition.

At the moment, I probably would - but only if the game is fairer to the player. This year's release has been good, but there are too many bugs and general unfairness in the game. It is almost as if you HAVE to lose a game in order to proceed.

The argument of 'oh no no the game cannot POSSIBLY cheat' has been done to death. However, I will go to my grave maintaining that there is a serious cheat/fault in the game-play of Football Manager 2013. I am not alone in thinking this, as there are many people on here or on You Tube who are not happy with this (one guy complained that playing as Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo missed 4 out of 5 one-on-ones with the opposition goalkeepers - you look me in the eye and tell me that would happen in real life? He is the best one-on-one player in the world and always hits the target from close range. Fact).

I think that Football Manager 2013 is a good game, but the ambition and progress made has come at a cost to the game-play. I do not blame Miles and co. wanting to take the game to the next level, but have they spread themselves so much that in trying to do this they've overlooked crucial factors? The game-play, in my opinion, is hugely biased in favour of the computer. I have yet to see a game in which the computer did not 'fudge' the game in its favour, and if this trait continues into Football Manager 2014 then no I won't buy it.

Losing a game is not a problem - losing unfairly is.

The gameplay is not biased towards anyone. Me as à user have an huge advantage over the computor though , having more options and actually being able to watch the matcher and not just the matchstats.

You ask this question already? Seriously.

Wait until it is somewhere near release, see what improvements or new features have been added etc, and try the demo. You cant base a game on another, because you could be missing out on a fantastic game because the previous one wasnt up to your standards.

I'm pretty sure FM10 was just as bad and buggy because of a new ME not 100% sure though but it was because of that game and the fixes SI made during it's release made FM11 and FM12 and especially the latter the best in the series yet.

In no way is FM13 unplayable, OK the ME isn't there yet but when you play the game some of the football you can see played the FM12 ME could only wish it could have been that good, although it is a bit buggy and it while it may take maybe another hotfix or 2 or just one last patch which the guys at SI are no doubt working hard on I mean they released a hotfix for the ME on xmas eve.

I believe that once it is fixed fully and they iron out the bad bugs which are a few I will admit gets me frustrated at times as i have posted a few complaints myself lol, it has the potential to make FM13 one of the best in the series and will no doubt set up FM14 to be even better. They could have just released this one with the old ME but then no doubt people would be on here moaning it's just the same game as fm12 with just a few new features.

So of course I will be buying FM14 and every one after that because they pretty much nail it every year and because they have tried to make the game better for us it won't change my mind that the FM series are the best games on the planet.

aaaannnd done ha!!

A simple question...

Will you be buying Football Manager 2014, or have your bad experiences with Football Manager 2013 put you off buying next year's edition.

At the moment, I probably would - but only if the game is fairer to the player. This year's release has been good, but there are too many bugs and general unfairness in the game. It is almost as if you HAVE to lose a game in order to proceed.

The argument of 'oh no no the game cannot POSSIBLY cheat' has been done to death. However, I will go to my grave maintaining that there is a serious cheat/fault in the game-play of Football Manager 2013. I am not alone in thinking this, as there are many people on here or on You Tube who are not happy with this (one guy complained that playing as Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo missed 4 out of 5 one-on-ones with the opposition goalkeepers - you look me in the eye and tell me that would happen in real life? He is the best one-on-one player in the world and always hits the target from close range. Fact).

I think that Football Manager 2013 is a good game, but the ambition and progress made has come at a cost to the game-play. I do not blame Miles and co. wanting to take the game to the next level, but have they spread themselves so much that in trying to do this they've overlooked crucial factors? The game-play, in my opinion, is hugely biased in favour of the computer. I have yet to see a game in which the computer did not 'fudge' the game in its favour, and if this trait continues into Football Manager 2014 then no I won't buy it.

Yes I will buy next FOOTBALL MANAGER 2014!, yes it is challenging?. Don't forget in real life football managers!, they must feel the same as will do managing a team!. Just look at Mark Hughes signing all those players, and couldn't win a match for him (he got the sack!), another example Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid, all that talent at his exposable, he's find it difficult to find right answer!. Also we don't want a game that's to easy, we would get bored of it!.

Freekick or penalty anyone?

Im not sure about investing in another FM..its been frustrating story thus far..too frustrating for me! But as previous poster says i'll definetly try the demo first, before deciding :)

I believe they need competition, not fifa manager or such, but a proper Developer who can also push at simulation based football.
Im not saying SI arent trying hard enough, but healthy competition can help each other out...bit like PES and FIFA have done.

Personally I would love to see someone like Eidos get back into the genre, an maybe team up with Codemasters to bring out a new LMA Manager (IMO the closest management game to come even close to championship). I think the 3D ME that LMA had was almost perfect, but the game lacked any depth compared with CM. But it did have an some excellent features as well.
Like improving your stadium was so cool an fun :). You could actually choose the type of stands you had, an see what it actually looked like!
Over-head kicks, diving headers, dummys an step-overs..this ME had the lot, an looked exceptionally good..for its time!

This years is much much closer to real life, only problem i had was spending 5 mins checking squad, tactic and opp then proceeding as was usually ok on every fm i have owned since 1998!! and i was consistently inconsistent and immediately blamed bugs, M.E and the usual wenger like moaning! Then i took some time with opp reports, tactic tweaks that will be effective against utd's and city's but not Wigan and even resorting to noting little things down in a pad to refer back too (mrs thinks im well sad, and potentially ill!!) and my form without dominaating is so much more consistent and rewarding. Unfortunately the transition from little effort and taking no notice of NECESSARY info given to you by the game to lots of effort and TOTAL notice of info took me and clearly many others a long time to get heads around.
Looking back at my rants abouth bugs and M.E stuff i cannot if honest with self say i did everything and used every tool at my disposal to ensure i did not lose at home in fa cup 3rd round 3-0 to bristol city having dominated. I was as complacent with my approach to the match as my players ended up performing and the game bit me in the ****!! Since then i take notice of things, i use info, i use tools and now finally i can say im begining to bite back!!!

Freekick or penalty anyone?

Im not sure about investing in another FM..its been frustrating story thus far..too frustrating for me! But as previous poster says i'll definetly try the demo first, before deciding :)

I believe they need competition, not fifa manager or such, but a proper Developer who can also push at simulation based football.
Im not saying SI arent trying hard enough, but healthy competition can help each other out...bit like PES and FIFA have done.

Personally I would love to see someone like Eidos get back into the genre, an maybe team up with Codemasters to bring out a new LMA Manager (IMO the closest management game to come even close to championship). I think the 3D ME that LMA had was almost perfect, but the game lacked any depth compared with CM. But it did have an some excellent features as well.
Like improving your stadium was so cool an fun :). You could actually choose the type of stands you had, an see what it actually looked like!
Over-head kicks, diving headers, dummys an step-overs..this ME had the lot, an looked exceptionally good..for its time!

They did have competiton. Championship manager after they split. And they buried them.

There is no competition between FIFA and PES, and i say that as a long time player of both. FIFA have all but buried them too, partly through some insanely poor choice by Konami :(

I think people underestimate the scale needed to do something like this. We actually have insanely high demands of SI, that doesnt stop us asking for more haha. And the truth is, the moment we stop demanding more improvements will be the moment it truly starts to go down hill.

I love to complain about FM 2013 a lot but if I'm honest it's really not that bad and yes I will be getting FM 2014.

Well I've just shelled out for a new computer just for the purpose of playing this game and future additions :)

A simple question...

Its called confirmation bias.

the game treats you exactly the same as it treats the AI managers, it cannot tell the difference.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...sion/107556-what-do-if-you-just-cant-win.html

and whoever suggested competition, CM was the competition, Sports Interactive tore its former baby a new ring, from scratch. They are the best there is, there will always be bugs while they continue to innovate. If you want a bug/problem free game maybe they should have stopped developing after FM09 and just re-skinned every subsequent new release like call of duty?

comparing FIFA and PES is irrelevant, they are games from 2 different eras. PES ruined FIFA for years on the PS1 and then PS2. They were slow to adopt next gen consoles and paid a heavy price for it, this didn't suddenly make FIFA amazing, it was **** until FIFA10 which is when I finally gave in and abandoned PES who were floundering under odd decisions and having to constantly play catch up.

see the thread I've linked to if any of you still think the game is out to get you. Bring your tinfoil helmet with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.