For those struggling with Byteshield problems

Jake

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Originally posted b y Neil Brock on the SI support forurm:

We are aware some people with digital download version of Football Manager 2011 are having issues with activation.

After discussing the problems with Byteshield, they've suggested a number of these issues with activation can be resolved by taking the following steps:

http://www.byteshield.net/supportfaq.html#administrator

However we are aware this isn’t working for everyone, so for those of you still encountering issues, we suggest contacting their support team directly at - [email protected]

Please let us know how you get on, thanks.

What is bytesheild?

Byteshield is an anti piracy program that came with FM2011 from certain digital download sites, Game.co.uk for example.

Ive had a few days of good gaming with this, but recently its been saying server down and making me re-enter my code, only to then say the server is down. Am I really going to have to hope they are up and running when I want to play? didnt see an answer in the FAQ's??

I can't start my game now either

Had the same problems as everyone else involving the need to start game as administrator. Then Norton removed the fm.bbz file. Had to reload that. Was able to play all day today but, upon trying to restart tonight Byteshield popped a message saying there was a new version of the installation available and asked if I wanted to download. Whether I answered yes or no, it tried to download and the server's weren't available so it failed. Bottom Line- I STILL CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME!!

i have the exact same problem as dcord, really dying to play this game and byteshield just does not seem to work. would be se grateful for a solution

Have you tried contacting byteshield using the contact details in the OP?

Hi im dying to play fm11 but byte shield has me demented..
i have tried opening it normally and as an administrator but at every attempt it just does not start. i bought the game from game.co.uk and as i see no way to get my money back i would really like to solve this. i have windows 7 on a netbook and i have no cd drive. any help would really be appreciated :D

Byteshield sucks and the company deserves to go bankrupt for sucking so much. I would not recommend anybody to buy a digital version unless it is from Steam. Go with the retail version.

Thought that the digital version was better than this ****. Luckily I fixed it........

Hi, I've downloaded the file
FootballManager2011_ed_efgis.exe

I've turned off my anti virus and run the file as administrator.

A message occur:
Install Anywhere
Please select another location to extract the installer to.

I've chosen a folder, but nothing happened. Meanwhile I've sent e-mail to byteshield support. Still waiting for response.

Thanks.

Edit: Ok. I've got response.

Edit: Problem solved. The problem was I put the downloaded file in Desktop folder. It should be in C:\.
There should be a clear instruction where to put your download. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: