pudster

Reaction score
HI ALL

I have been managing Forest, doing relly well at the top of prem by the forth season, and my star player is Paulo Henrique, a real class act. Only problem is that by the Jan Transfer window I was offerd 79m for him from Barca. Henrique never had any clauses in his contract and I would not except the offer for my best player. Only problem I had was that the Forest board said it was an offer they could not refuse and forced the sale. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Following the sale, I had to get in a replacment, and to my horror, the money from Henrique never showed either in my transfer budget or the overall balance, so I chucked in the towel through anger.
Anyone else faced with this issue.

Welcome to the world of Football.

We sold out best player Ronaldo for £80,000,000 and who did we get as a replacement..?
Fergie insists he has to money to spend, but we all know that's not true or we would have Modric or Sneijder commanding our midfield by now.

As for the game, I think you need to go to boardroom requests and request to have a greater "Percentage of transfer budget received" or something around those lines available

HI ALL

I have been managing Forest, doing relly well at the top of prem by the forth season, and my star player is Paulo Henrique, a real class act. Only problem is that by the Jan Transfer window I was offerd 79m for him from Barca. Henrique never had any clauses in his contract and I would not except the offer for my best player. Only problem I had was that the Forest board said it was an offer they could not refuse and forced the sale. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Following the sale, I had to get in a replacment, and to my horror, the money from Henrique never showed either in my transfer budget or the overall balance, so I chucked in the towel through anger.
Anyone else faced with this issue.

Had the board accept an offer for one of my players that i didnt want to sell so know how it feels. However not getting the funds must be a glitch. Didnt hear of this before. In future anything like this should be posted in post your frustrations or search. Plenty of threads about players being sold by the board.

If you want to say hi, use the introduce yourself thread. Your comment is off topic and a 1 word/pointless post. Please read the forum rules or you will end up getting an infraction very soon.

Percentage of transfer revenue made available is probably very low. And surely it was not 79 mill fee up front? Well done on buying ganso in the first place for forest, you can change/request that a bigger percentage of transfers go to your budget through boardroom interaction.

Last edited:
Happens quite alot which can get very annoying but I suppose it happens in the real life so it's going to happen in the game.

You can offer your player to other clubs and if someone else bids, accept their offers. If your player chooses any other team than the first one (In this case, Barcelona), you can manually cancel the transfer since the offer was accepted by you.

Reload save before the sale then click "add manager" (doesnt matter what name you choose) and select barcelona then immediately retire the manager. Should work

Well it happens, or the game would be too much a one-sided game if you never sell your players. However, the money that didn't go to the transfer budget seems quite strange.