Montanaro

Reaction score
First off, what leagues in the game allow for a large amount, or are not restricted at all to signing no EU players? I know portugal and germany.

secondly, during your lower league games, do you prefer playing in these leagues that let you sign foreign players, or do you prefer leagues that make you sign EU players?

I ask because I love searching for foreign talent in Africa and South America, and I find most lower leagues usually have restrictions on signing any non EU player.

I always find games more fun and slightly easier when I can sign cheap yet quality africans and americans.

What say you?

i dont think there is a restriction on how many foreign players you have but i think you have to have a certain amount of english players

One's I am aware of is that Germany and Portugal have no restriction. The only restriction in Germany is that you have to field 5 or 6 German's in there cup competition. Portugal will be better this year because the dynamic League structure so hopefully it will enable people to take an amateur club to the top there. I do find these restrictions annyoing though, even countries such as Russia and Ukraine have restriction. You may want to try Croatia or Poland though because I am unsure on what restriction they have.

I would love to take Venezia of Italy up the ranks, but I would be forced to sign EU only players. Venezia have a large city and 20 city attraction, but it's hard to build a club with EU regens as they are quite expensive.

I would love to take Venezia of Italy up the ranks, but I would be forced to sign EU only players. Venezia have a large city and 20 city attraction, but it's hard to build a club with EU regens as they are quite expensive.
LLM isn't supposed to be easy... ;)

I like to LLM in Germany because of the freedom, but I try to have at least half my squad of German nationality. It doesn't make sense to me to have German club having little or no German players. It makes it a bit harder (and more realistic IMO) too - you can't just buy tonnes of foreign players and fly up the leagues... :D

Last edited:
LLM isn't supposed to be easy... ;)

I like to LLM in Germany because of the freedom, but I try to have at least half my squad of German nationality. It doesn't make sense to me to have German club having little or no German players. It makes it a bit harder (and more realistic IMO) too - you can't just buy tonnes of foreign players and fly up the leagues... :D

but finding that cheap underrated Ghanaian can really pay off. I try to sign players of my clubs nationality, but only if they are good enough. Since there really aren't many negative effects of having a foreign team, I'll continue to scour the globe for talent.

I would love to do a German save, but since germany isn't a common second nationality for non EU players, I'll stick with Portugal due to the Brazilians.