Forest land Liverpool's Konchesky

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Nottingham Forest sign Liverpool left-back Paul Konchesky on loan.

More...

great news for liverpool.

Not unless they don't get another left-back. Aurelio should be first choice, but he's injury prone and ageing. Kelly can do a job there, but he's probably more comfortable at right-back. If 'Pool get Warnock then it might work.

Good deal for Forest though.

That's great news. I hope Konchesky signs for Forest or other teams and don't stay in Liverpool.

Yay, I'm so pleased. Lol.

I think he could do a job for us to be fair.

Not unless they don't get another left-back. Aurelio should be first choice, but he's injury prone and ageing. Kelly can do a job there, but he's probably more comfortable at right-back. If 'Pool get Warnock then it might work.

Good deal for Forest though.

Dalglish is playing Glen Johnson at LB though

From playing in a Europa League final in May to signing on loan for a Championship club in January. What a torrid 8 months for him..

Best of luck to him though.

From playing in a Europa League final in May to signing on loan for a Championship club in January. What a torrid 8 months for him..

Best of luck to him though.

Hey I know Forest is a bit of a step down compared to being sat on Liverpools bench all the time,and being hated by their fans too.

But at least we'll play him. We're pushing for automatic promotion now too, we're a successful club, good city, links to everywhere, and a good squad of young players. Might not be Liverpool but still.

Even though he was terrible he shouldn't be dropping down a league.

Hey I know Forest is a bit of a step down compared to being sat on Liverpools bench all the time,and being hated by their fans too.

But at least we'll play him. We're pushing for automatic promotion now too, we're a successful club, good city, links to everywhere, and a good squad of young players. Might not be Liverpool but still.

Not saying anything bad about Forest as a club. Just saying that for him, it's a massive turn around in 8 months.

Not saying anything bad about Forest as a club. Just saying that for him, it's a massive turn around in 8 months.

Yeah I understand that bit haha.

For us, to get someone whos got premiership and european (to some extent) experience, massive signing.

Still makes me laugh though...Last season Liverpool fans did nothing but Slate Lucas for his performances..This season They can't stop blowing up his ***...Goes to show that time could make a difference to how a player adapts..AND performs..Konchesky might or might not come good and I'm surprised another Prem club didn't look at him before he went to Championship..IMO

I thought the problem was that he was already played for two clubs this season? maybe a loan deal is exempt from the rule.

Good enough for Fulham or Blackburn but he is far from Liverpool quality. Not his fault that Hodgson is an old fool.

And the deal to take Warnock on has collapsed. Be interesting to see what happens

Good for Konc and Forest, but not so good on Pool if they dont get new player in. Have Forest signed Tschabalala (sp) yet?

Always liked him he is a pretty good player but just isn't good enough for a team as good as Liverpool.good luck to the man at forest

Liverpool need to get another left back in tbh. Auerlio is injured all the time and both Johnson and Kelly are RBs so aren't gonna be played in their best position there.