Forever Red and Yellow - A Partick Thistle Story

PTFC 1876

Reaction score
View attachment 234042

Paton arrives

Following Jackie McNamara's recent departure from Partick Thistle FC, after disagreements with chairman David Beattie over the transfer budget, the board have today installed lifelong fan of the club Elliot Paton as the new manager. With the fans of the club desperate to see them back in the Top flight of Scottish football, questions will surely be asked as to whether Paton, whose only experience of football before is in Sunday league games is the man for the job.

Pre-season

The lack of any transfer budget has really made it a bit more difficult to get players who can make the difference to my squad. Nevertheless, I have managed to get a few decent players in on loan and on free transfers. Despite not being highly rated by my coaching staff, I genuinely think that Joe McKee (on loan from Burnley until the end of the season) is a really good player for my club, and he has also hinted that he would like a permanent deal at Thistle (here's hoping), also got Andy Little on loan from Rangers who is a good player.
Also got a parent club in the form of Hearts of Midlothian... not ideal as with any luck I'll be playing in the same division as them next season, but hopefully it'll help for this year.

Players In

• [*=left]Joe McKee (loan until end of season from Burnley)
    [*=left]Andy Little (loan - 6 months - from Rangers)
    [*=left]Qhays Shayesteh (free transfer)
    [*=left]Tyrone Loran (free transfer)
Players Out

• [*=left]Scott Robertson (10k + 20% of next sale to Queen of the South)

Last edited:
July/August

Partick had a mixed start to the season, some blistering attacking performances balanced out with some very disappointing defeats, particularly away to Livingston. On the whole, can't complain, still in both cups and 3 wins from 5 isn't bad considering that every team is dropping points. Annoyingly Shayesteh who was meant to be the answer to my problem position of right midfield has been injured since signing and is yet to play, however, McKee has been in fine form, notching up 8 assists and 3 goals so far.

​Challenge Cup 1st Round
East Stirlingshire 1 - 2 Partick Thistle
Ramage (28): Cairney (51), Little (65)

League Cup 1st Round
Montrose 1 - 7 Partick Thistle
Lunan (54) : Erskine (7, 25) Doolan (20, 28, 45+1), Rowson (34), Cairney (64)

Queen of the South 2 - 4 Partick Thistle
Aubameyang (20), Parkin (80 : Doolan ( 6), McKee (pen 59, pen 73), Stewart (84)

Challenge Cup 2nd Round
Partick Thistle 4 -
2 Dundee
Little (29, 64), Doolan (60), McKee (63):Kelly (32), Rennie (75)

Partick Thistle 1 -
2 Dundee
Rowson (55): Lockwood (44), Park (63)

Falkirk 0 - 2 Partick Thistle
Doolan (57, 76)

League Cup 2nd Round
Partick Thistle 2 -
1 Queen of the South
O'Donnell (38), Cairney (77):Loran OG (68)

Partick Thistle 4 - 0 Greenock Morton
O'Donnell ( 6), Little (32), Loran (78), Stewart (81)

Livingston 3 - 0 Partick Thistle
Barr (45+1), Russell (55, 81)

Looks good mate, be great for u to get promotion in first season.
Check my story out too. Thx