Alican Dogmaz

Reaction score
INTRODUCTION

It's a posession based tactic so if you don't have midfielders who doesn't know how to pass the ball properly, don't bother to use it.

I picked Galatasaray to start the game and because i realised that the team has no reasonable wingers i set this formation.

One of your strikers has to be suitable for deep lyin forward role, and you have to find a half-back in order to make use of this tactic.Other player roles are not that important. For example: I used Alex Telles as wing back- attack role but a full back with support role will also be ok and I used Sneijder as Attacking Midfielder but if you have more talented player with 15+ dribbling attribute feel free to set him as Advanced Playmaker or something different.

As you can see we play with % 60 average poession, just because of that the opposition team rarely finds chances in final 3rd. I win 14 games on row so far and just conceded 6 goals in those games, never conceded twice in the same game.

Training

Pre-season : balanced high & match tactics

During season: balanced average & attacking movement(match tactics until it's fluid)

Starting strategy:I suggest you to start attacking if you control a strong team especially in home games, and change back to control as soon as you scored.
Start control if you feel that you're not the favourite fot the game.

slowing down the tempo will also be useful when you have the scoring advantage.

Opp. Instructions

man marking : as we don't use wingers u should set man marking for your strikers to mark opposition full backs.This is importnat for the tactic

Set-Pieces: İ don't use the short near post BUG as i found it a collusion, i set my own corner style in tactic, 6 goals in 11 games in Division, not bad i guess.
Gk: use the best one you have.

Dr/dl: 15+ crossing, stamina would fly your team but use a dynamic, ideal one.

CD: doesn't need to have attributes for a ball playing defender but if he has, would make a different.

DM:Take Felipe Melo as a role model.Maybe the most important player for the tactic.

MCR/MCL:first touch, passing,technique,desicions,vision.(stamina would be a difference maker)

AMC: first touch, long shots,passing,vision.Scores a lot, asists a lot.

stcr: Finishing, anticipation, off the ball. Doesn'T need to be good at using the ball.

STCL: As i said before, a deep lying forward.Artem Kravets saw trough for me.

Last edited:
Could you itemize DLF, DM, the whole defense important attributes?

It would be perfect if you take any team, dive in details about every player selection for ur tactic, describe positive and negative sides.

Last edited:
Could you itemize DLF, DM, the whole defense important attributes?

It would be perfect if you take any team, dive in details about every player selection for ur tactic, describe positive and negative sides.

these are the important atrributes for both roles.

View attachment 221501View attachment 221500

and for whole defense: typical stuff.Marking heading tacklig for centre backs, tackling, positioning, concentration for full backs.

Positives: never gives the posession, tries for the best opportunity patiently, rarely gives chances to opposition.

Negatives: sometimes team gets very tired but maybe that's because i never rotate the squad.

p.s: İ'm the maker of this tactic. Just asked my friend to upload.

Last edited:
Have played a couple of games: the game is beautiful, goals are created from game mostly through the central channel.
Of course after match all players are so tired (for example my DL ran nearly 14 and a half kilometers) and team got about 3-5 yellows.
View attachment 221487View attachment 221486View attachment 221485View attachment 221484View attachment 221483View attachment 221482View attachment 221482View attachment 221481

What about training: pre-match, general, individual?
Also when I was asking about important attributes I meant 4-5 of them with high priority for every role.
Your left&right center backs and also DLPs have different instructions. Is it right?
Do you change any TI, PI or roles during match or from game to game? In what cases?

Excuse me, I know you have written some information at the first message but I think you may share larger array of knowledge with us about such great tactic.

Have played a couple of games: the game is beautiful, goals are created from game mostly through the central channel.
Of course after match all players are so tired (for example my DL ran nearly 14 and a half kilometers) and team got about 3-5 yellows.
View attachment 960864View attachment 960866View attachment 960869View attachment 960872View attachment 960875View attachment 960876View attachment 960876View attachment 960879

What about training: pre-match, general, individual?
Also when I was asking about important attributes I meant 4-5 of them with high priority for every role.
Your left&right center backs and also DLPs have different instructions. Is it right?
Do you change any TI, PI or roles during match or from game to game? In what cases?

Excuse me, I know you have written some information at the first message but I think you may share larger array of knowledge with us about such great tactic.

pre-season trainig: balanced-high match prep: match tactics.

during season : balanced- average match prep: att. movement(but i also care about my asistant sugestions)

key attributes:

Gk: as i said, play best one u have
DR:crossing, marking, passing ,tackling, concentration, positioning, teamwork,work rate,acceleration,stamina
DL:View attachment 221477 (flair would be the difference maker)

CD:View attachment 221476 (both of your centre backs must be quick players but first touch,passing ,technique , vision are enough for one of them, great if both of them have these for sure)

half back: Check the previous post

MCR/MCL: passing,vision,technique,first touch,desicions,(a player with 15+ stamina will play an effective game without getting tired.You can also set one of these midfielders to box to box role if you have that type of player.)

AMC: we want to score and throw killer balls from him. so long shots,finishing,passing,technique ,vision are important. But if you have 15+ dribbler, thenset him to advanced playmaker and told him to hold up ball. Theresults would be great.

STCR: the scoring machine.Finishing,off the ball, pace, anticipation are recomended.But if he has dribblin, first tocuh etx, you can use him as poacher as well

STCL: check my previous post.

the rigth centre back i use has more quality to use the ball but the other has not.So yes, the left centre back dribbles less,and plays simple passing game,

the worse passer of central midfielders has pass it shorter instruction.

i rarely change TI, when i score i slow down the tempo justy because my team gets tired quickly, and i change attacking strategy to control.

i do not make any changes for PI.

I hope i helped.

Very interesting, this is my favorite type of tactic. I posted one similar to this one few days ago, only difference is that i use 3 CD instead of DM.
Will cancel my current save with Sir Goalalot tactic and start new with this. Unfortunately i have 3 world class wingers, and dont want to sell them, so cant switch to this tactic with that save.

Ok then, share the results

Reminds me a bit, of a old tactic I used back in the cm 01/02 days :)

me too, when it's possible to be that in FM - tried to recreate a old fm05 tactic, didn't go well tho - one of the old 4-4-2 wide diamond shapes