Sparkle22

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted a few days ago about not being able to break a massive losing streak after I had a massive winning streak for weeks.
I tend to keep my sliders all ticked, ie they are not affected by the overall team orders (push up, play narrow, more direct etc) as I manually micro-manage almost every aspect of every player. That said, I always had 'Control' ticked on the overall team strategy.

Then - I ticked 'counter' for a few tough away games, and then 'attack' for some predicted home wins. Guess what - I won and have been back on form ever since. The press are saying I changed my tactics and are back etc..

My point is - it shouldn't matter what I tick in strategy, as I replicate the changes of the team orders manually - almost to the exact point on the slider for every player - or does it?

I posted before, asking if there is a 'secret' and subtle change in the overall team's attitude that isn't shown by the sliders, when choosing team strategy - and I was told 'no - it's all down to the sliders'.

So why should changing the team strat - get such a response from both the team and the press?

Secondly, on a different subject:

Isn't it a bit odd that you can't train individual focus for marking, when you can train for composure? I used to fitness train a Ryman league team, and I remember seeing them work on marking technique/shadowing/marker drills all the time...

I guess it should have some impact simply due to how the players approach the game. You could tell a player his exact role, and that role could be the same for two games, but if in one you tell the players to really go at the game and in another you tell them to play a little more cautiously, it would make a difference in their mental approach. I am talking purely in terms of real-life/common sense - whether or not this is the case on FM I couldn't tell you, all I would say is that I've noticed that it makes a difference even though I manually select sliders too.

The " mentality " and " creative freedom " for exemple are affected by the Startegy ( and the amount of creative freedom ( fluid , Rigid , Balanced ... ) you give your team !

But once you tick them , the overall strategy has no effect on THAT player and only on the ticked slidder !

I think that the best way to do it is to tick slidders as Long shots , pressing , passing and Creative freedom ( in case the player lacks/has a fair amout of Creativity , Flair and Off the ball ) !

You can use focus training on marking. You must have missed it.

That or there's something that would make some categories unavailable. Maybe if the attribute is (almost) 20, or if the training category is intensive or too low...

Like written above: the strategy only effects the untweaked settings. The difference in results has ( if ALL sliders where tweaked) nothing to do with it.

Last edited: