formations for the lower leagues , level 9/10

I've found success using a 4 1 3 2 formation, with attacking full backs and a solid DMC and three half decent central midfielders if you can find them.

though I'm not sure how much of the success is down to tactics and how much is due to the amount of time I've spent scouring the lower leagues for a modicum of talent.

So far I've had four straight promotions from tier 11 up to the Northern Premier with Nettleham using variants of this formation.

ive found a simple 4,4,2 and going overload for mostof the game works a treat as your a constant threat and the opposition will more than likely miss there chances should they get some

As always, depends on what players you've got.

I personally play 3-5-2 attacking (think of the old CM01/02 formation) however 4-4-2 if you have the wingers to pull it off, is always a great option on FM10 with any team.

If desperate, 4-2-4 very attacking/overload is a good option. For final minutes of desperation, 3-2-5 overload.

For some reason I find defending a lead the most difficult thing in closing stages.

You could always use a variation on the "corner trick" which I wont describe as its kind of taking advantage of the game in a way which some people would consider spoiler tactics.