Formula for successful feeder club negotiation?

GavinSE1

Reaction score
Question: When the board gives me the opportunity to suggest a potential feeder club, what factors determine whether or not the suggested club will accept the offer to become a feeder club?

As you probably know, after you have been a manager at a single club for several consecutive seasons the board will allow you to suggest a feeder club. I want a feeder club to provide me with the first option to purchase young players, and where I can send my young players on loan to a competitive team with good facilities.

I suggested to my board, rather optimistically, that I wanted River Plate to be a feeder club. River rejected this offer, and now the option to request a feeder club is greyed out. I am in my 5th season as Man City manager, we are winning everything and are therefore a club with very high stature. I was hoping that would be enough to convince River that they weren't too big to be our feeder club.

I am assuming that at some point in the near future the option to select a feeder will no longer be greyed out. When I try again to select a club, what factors should I consider in determining whether or not the offer will be accepted. For example, does the releative value of the two clubs matter, the relationship between the managers, the players in my squad (e.g. Tevez is from Boca Juniors)?

Thanks.

The relation between managers between feeder and parent club doesnt matter that much, and former players dont play that much of a part too.

Feeder clubs should be small in comparison of your club, River are a big force in south america so maybe thats why they dont want to be second banana to another team.

The most lucky i got in the Premiere league with United is getting Fulham to be my feeder club. Since your city, you have to bring up club reputation to a pretty high level. And always try to find feeder clubs with the countries you have loaded up with.

Dont pester your board, once they reject its a good idea not to keep going at it again, they get angry and you might be looking for a new club ^^)

The relation between managers between feeder and parent club doesnt matter that much, and former players dont play that much of a part too.

What?????
It matters a **** of a lot. When you and the River Plate manager become friends, they'll certainly accept your offer. Try telling the media a few times he's a great guy, do this every month, finally you'll be listed as favourite personel.

Thanks to both of you for the above information. Even though there is some disagreement between the two of you, I can use this.

One further question: Is it a waste of time to try to negotiate a feeder club agreement with a club that is outside the nations that I have loaded?

I see from the first response that this is the recommended strategy, but I would prefer a club in South America and I only have European nations loaded.

Thanks to both of you for the above information. Even though there is some disagreement between the two of you, I can use this.

One further question: Is it a waste of time to try to negotiate a feeder club agreement with a club that is outside the nations that I have loaded?

I see from the first response that this is the recommended strategy, but I would prefer a club in South America and I only have European nations loaded.

Not necessarily,though they may be outside the leagues you have loaded,lets say you haven't loaded the Brazilian League,still some quality regens do come up to such clubs and you can snap them up easily.

Well, those clubs don't have managers most of the times so you can't become friends, This doesn't mean they can't be your feeder club. Even clubs without any players in lets say Ethiopia. If they become your feeder club, after one year in game they will get 2 regens because they are your feeder club. Never really seen a very talented player this way, but maybe if you pick a smart choice... Good luck!!

I had a nice regen coming from Paxtator,a club in Uzbekistan which was my feeder club

I'd suggest saving it before making your next choice, just so if you get rejected again you dont have to wait another 6 months or so to try again.
I dont normally do things like this, i like to let the game flow, but I was desperate to find a good feeder club and after a few trys I managed to get Benfica which was perfect as I had some top young south american and spanish players.

Do you know specifically how many seasons you have to spend at one club before you can choose the type of feeder club you have

I was able to do it after just two seasons...

At first you have no choice, then they let you pick from a group a four, then they let you choose anyone.
The timescale for this depends on your success at the club.

when you get to pick fom the different types, the next time you will be able to pick one yourself. make sure you ask for a feeder club every time when it's possible. this is after januari 1st, after the end of the season, and when you get regens and the new season is starting.