NGUHelios

Reaction score
west-ham-badge.png

Breaking News:Sam Allardyce has agreed a mutual termination of his contract with West Ham United this afternoon. There had been reports of an argument between the Manager and owner Sullivan. West Ham hasn't hesitated in finding a replacement for Allardyce. The bookies have various managers on their radars at the moment with Chris Hughton being touted as the next manager, other's have expressed their interest in the job such as ex-Cardiff manager Dave Jones whose odds are 9/2. Victor Chandler is also a bookie favourite with 9/4 odds.

Iain Dowie a former West Ham player has recently expressed interest in being the new Hammers boss but is unlikely to be called up by Sullivan. A very unlikely candidate has emerged as Phil Stevens who hasn't managed at top level but said his tactics and mind set is enough for any Premier League team.

Last edited:
Breaking News: Sullivan Announces New Manager

David-Sullivan-the-new-We-001.jpg

Phil Stevens has become the new West Ham manager after signing a two year deal. Stevens replaces Allardyce who agreed a mutual termination. Fans were very surprised to see Phil employed due to him being an unknown manager. The new West Ham boss beat Dave Jones, Chris Hughton, Victor Chandler and Iain Dowie to the post.

In a press conference at the Boleyn Ground today David Sullivan has announced their new manager which has surprised fans across the country. Sullivan said "It might be a surprise to our fans and the media, but we spoke to Phil, he had great ideas on who to bring in, how he wants West Ham to play, and I have to admit, Gold and I were very happy with the plans and think they're very achievable." In the same press conference journalists couldn't wait to see what these plans were that have persuaded Sullivan to employ the new manager.

Stevens fielded a range of questions such as the new job and his management style from the likes of TEAMtalk, BBC Radio, London Evening, Sky Sports and The Guardian. Sky Sports News chose the main focal point for the conference with journalist Joshua Wheeler asking "What would you say is your tactical approach to the game?" Stevens replied calmly, saying: "I like attractive football and that is what I will be encouraging."

Sullivan has managed to keep all of the backroom staff that were there during Allardyces reign, whether Stevens brings in any staff of his own is unknown as of yet.​

Last edited:
My transfer budget for this season is very low and my wage budget being in the red, this means I am going to off load player and maybe look into free transfers for this season until I finally get some backing by the board.
I have also created a 4-2-3-1 tactic on how West Ham play in real life, using direct passing and overlaps with the long ball too.
PreSeason.png

The pre-season looks good with two big teams to play against so will be good to see how I get on with them.

Also as you can see I begin the season with a home fixture against Everton.

Royston Drenthe Signs!

DrentheSigns.png

This signing is the first bit of dwelling into the market by Phil Stevens, when asked about this signing he said: "This is a magnificent capture for this club and with the experience he has playing for clubs like Real Madrid I hope he can make a huge contribution."

Pre-Season Begins!

Pre-season is a great and vital time of each season, allowing the team to gel and get use to new tactics, what happened in West Hams pre season might of raised a few eye brows though...

Friendlies.

West Ham 3 - 4 West Ham Reserves
Boreham Wood 0 - 3 West Ham
PSG 3 - 1 West Ham
Aviron Bayonnais 0 - 2 West Ham
GF 38 0 - 3 West Ham
West Ham 4 - 1 Palermo

Other than conceding as many as I did against my own reserve squad I am very happy with the pre season especially with beating Palermo 4-1.

Transfer Business

INS

Royston Drenthe - Free
Craig Gordon - Free
Simao - Shandong - 3.2M
Cristiano Zanetti - Free

Total - 3.2 M

OUTS

Jordan Spence - MK Dons - Loan
Gary O'Neil - Southampton - 2.9M
George McCartney - Leeds - Loan
Carlton Cole - Fulham - 3M
Modibo Maiga - Stoke - Loan

Total 5.9 M

The Season Begins

West Ham
1 - 1 Everton

Kevin Nolan (13) Sylvain Distin (27)

The season began for West Ham with a home fixture against a strong Everton Squad. Both teams played very well and West Ham showed that they have the potential to stay in the Premier League this year. In an evenly fought battle it ended a draw with 1 a piece. During the game Matt Jarvis also got injured on the 69th minute.

Last edited: