Mikey_V

Reaction score
I play Laurito and Marquinhos/Delfouneso upfront, I was wondering if guys on here set both their strikers to forward runs 'often' and have had success with that or change between each striker like have one striker making forward runs rarely etc. Thanks :)

I haven't actually altered such an instruction, but I would have thought forward runs 'often' was the default setting for a striker.

If not, I wouldn't go overboard with it, and to maintain balance, would set one 'often' and one 'rarely'.

It does of course, depend on the attributes of the strikers.

Delfuenso as far as I'm aware, is more of a predatory striker looking to get in behind defenses; Marquinhos is a creative link-up player; and Laurito is a tall, potentially target man striker.

I think - this is if the above mentioned is correct - Delfuenso would be best suited to making forward runs due to his goalscoring style, whilst Marquinhos would be best suited to sitting back and creating.

This is just my view, I think the best way to check it out is to try it in friendlies or against weaker opposition.

Best of luck.

as ur playing 3 strikers two of them strikers should drop back to fetch the ball nd link the play with the out nd out striker up front therefroe the one striker who is your out nd out striker would have often forward runs whereas the other two is mixed

Cheers lads, how about if I was playing with a front 2 with Laurito and Marquinhos, should I have Laurito rarely making forward runs so he can flick the ball onto to Marquinhos or should it be the other way around?

yet again u would have one of them dropping off to collect the ball nd one who just stands up front
if i was u i would play marquinhos dropping back as he has pace nd speed and can drible with the ball he could also become ur advanced playmaker

Thanks so I should have the taller/best header to make forwar runs often. With Marquinhos should I change his mentality or just instruct him to make forward runs rarely?

ye change his forward runs to rarely nd also have him with slightly less attacking mentality thn laurito

Thanks a lot mate! Appreciate it :), should I have Laurito holding up the ball?

for me laurito will be the finisher, and marquinhos will act as a forward playmaker. so i'll set marquinhos to run with ball and try through ball often and laurito having forward run often and others will be mixed.
but i guess it's just a matter of preferences.