Year of Foundation: 1988
Chairman: Herbert Houben
Current Manager: Mario Been
Champions: 1999, 2002, 2011
Cup:1998, 2000, 2009
Transfer budget: £1,7m - £2,2m
Wage: £235k p/w - £250k p/w

Why Genk?
Thibaut Courtois, Kevin De Bruyne, Christian Benteke, Casteels, Dennis Praet. These names are the reason you should play with Genk. Our youth development is excellent! Try to keep this up with the current squad, you’ll have a fem gems. Players who will help you become champion in Belgium and/or win the Europa League. I advice not to buy many a player, or only young players.
Second reason: The winner of the Belgian Pro League has a direct ticket to the groups of the Champions League. The money you can make with only playing the groups will help you improve the squad and the league.

Squad
Goalkeepers
View attachment 289641
1st​ Goalkeeper: Laszlo Köteles
He should be your first choice if you don’t decide to buy a new goalkeeper. However, you should consider buying a new goalkeeper. Although you”ll have Sandomierski in the second season, who will do just fine.

2nd​ Goalkeeper: Kristof Van Hout
Decent back-up, not great. (Little fact: He is the largest professional football player in the world)

Hot Prospect: Wertelaers, he will become a decent goalkeeper.

Advice signings: Barry Copa, goalkeeper from Lokeren. He will do a good job the first season, later on you can play Sandomierski.

Defenders

Right back
View attachment 289642
1st​ choice: Ngcongca Anele
Best right back in the Belgian League, offers will come for Anele, he’s a really, really good right back, he can also play CB, CM, CDM, RM and even LB or RW. You should really keep hold of him, he really is a beast and the fans love him.

Back up: Dani Fernandez
Decent back-up. He has a 1 year contract, I don’t advice extending his contract.

Hot prospect: Sandy Walsh, he can play both right back and center back, he’s a decent young player who can become a steady right or center back.
You shouldn’t buy a new RB in the first season, after the first season you should consider buying a new back up.
Center back
View attachment 289643
A problem position for Genk. Injuries for 2 important players makes this position a relativly weak position.

My personal first choice: Koulibaly
He’s the best, fit CB, he will do really well. He’s a strong, young CB who can become a leading Pro League CB.

Jeroen Simaeys
The current captain of Genk, injured in the start of the game. I believe he’s a little bit too slow for a real good CB.

Torben Joneleit
He was an important player for Genk, but currently he’s injured and after his injury he will never become a crucial player for Genk.

Sell: Nadson, he isn’t any good.

Hot prospect: Sandy Walsh.

Adviced signings:
Jéremy Taravel, Ervin Zukanovic: Both know the league and will do a superb job in CB.

Laurens De Bock: Hot Belgian Prospect, will become a top CB or LB, he can play both. And will do both more than decent. I strongly recommend buying him.
Leftback
View attachment 289644
First choice: Derrick Tshimanga
Fast, attacking leftback. He should work on his positioning and defending, but he will become a very good leftback. He’s a young Belgian player who will do really good.

Back-up: Brian Hamalainen
Danish lefback, is a decent back up and will do fine if you play him.

Possible signing: Again, Laurens De Bock, if you decide to play him LB.

Midfielders
CDM
View attachment 289645
First choice: Khaleem Hyland
Beast! He will do fine as a CDM, anchor man, or as a CM ballwinning CM. Offers will come for Hyland.

Back up: David Hubert
Used to be our captain, is injured in the start of the game. Will become a decent CDM. He doesn’t like sitting on the bench, so if you don’t play him he will become difficult.

Sell: Stef Peeters, Khumordzi (Both also CM)
Adviced signings: In real life, Genk has bought Kara, who is a well known player. You could try buying him, or use the editor to put him in the squad.

In the january transfer window, you could buy Malanda from Zulte Waregem. Young, Belgian, will become a massive player.
Hot prospect: Alessio Alessandro, 16 year old, Italian youth international. He will become a really, really good player, he’s a good passer and a good defender. Can also play CM
CM
View attachment 289648
First Choice: Julien Gorius
Easy to retrain to CM, you’re only real playmaker in the centre of midfield. Will score with freekicks and he is massivly important with his assists.

Sell: Peeters and Khumordzi

Hot prospects: Alessandro (see CDM)

Signings: Hinostroza.
I really advice buying him. He plays for Zulte Waregem, young Chilean player he will dominate your midfield, and he’s only 17 years old.

Wingers
This is my favourite position in the Genk squad. The Hot Prospects in these position is what makes Genk a fun, young squad to play with.
View attachment 289649
First Choice: Steeven Joseph Monrose
He can play both left wing as right wing and he will do awesome in both positions. After 1 season Celtic wanted to buy him for 8 milion. He will bag assists and goals.

Hot prospects: Ayub Masika
Right winger, fast as lighting. This boy from Kenya will cause havok against every defence.

Anthony Limbombe
Can play left and right. He’s a young Belgian and a real good player to have. He can play: LW, RW, ST, CM, CAM. He can become a real good little player.

Lucas Walbrecq
He can become a 4,5 half star left winger, is the only left footed winger. Fast and good crossing.

Jordy Croux
Decent young player, but not as good as the three above.

I suggest playing these three players. IF you play them, they will become top Pro League Players and more. They will cost you a few points in the first season, but you’ll thank me in the second and third season.
CAM
View attachment 289650
First choice: Thomas Buffel
Experienced CAM. Will do good in the first 2 seasons, after that it’s downhill for Thomas. You could retrain him to a RW. But he isn’t a fast player.

Sell: Kennedy: Not good enough

Hot prospect: Mert
Will become a decent player.

Signings: Adryan: Cheap and in the Belgian League a really, really topclass player, better than Buffel.

Attackers
View attachment 289654
First choice, fan favourite, best player at the club: Jelle Vossen
He WILL score! Offers WILL come for him. FCP will try to buy him.

Second attacker: De Ceulaer
Very good attacker, he’s a real good in the combination with Vossen.

Attacker on loan: Plet, I recommend finishing his loan.

Sell: Elia Barda
I’m sorry to sell him, but you’ll have to. He’s a club legend, but his wage is too high for what he brings to the table. You should sell him for 2,5 million.
View attachment 289651
Very hot prospect: Siebe Schrijvers
I recommend making him your third striker. Play him as often as you can. I becomes a real goal machine. He’s fast and can finish. You should train him on positioning and first touch. Use Vossen to tutor him.

Last words
KRC Genk is a very young team. Not only the players, but also the club itself. Although it’s a young club, the future is bright. You will receive top class regens every year and it will help you improve the finances and league.

Last edited:
Good post! Convinced me to start a new game with them. Looking forward to seeing how your prospects develop and how Adryan does in Belgium.

*kristof Van Hout instead of Joris Van Hout (he plays in second division)

Formation

Can you tell me what formation you play?

I'm currently playing with RC Genk myself. Pro League Champion first season ^^ Got a nice team going with talents like Adryan, Boyata and Razak.
Now for my next season I'm starting to loose some easy matches... Can you tell me how you play the team?

Can you tell me what formation you play?

I'm currently playing with RC Genk myself. Pro League Champion first season ^^ Got a nice team going with talents like Adryan, Boyata and Razak.
Now for my next season I'm starting to loose some easy matches... Can you tell me how you play the team?
Well, Genk has a certain playing still they play in. They normaly always play with 2 strikers upfront. We had a couple of dynamic duos. Wesley Sonck and Dagano, Vossen and Benteke and now Vossen en De Ceulaer. That's why I always keep playing with 2 strikers and two wingers.
My team second season was like this:
------------Sandomierski---------
Anele---Enzo Andia--Taravel------De Bock
-------Hinostroza---Hyland----------------
Monrose----------------------Limbombe/Walbrecq
--------Vossen-------Schrijvers-------------

Passing: Short
Playing Style: Very fluid/Control
Speed:Very slow
High defensive line and press up high.

did you ever bring back Luic Nils as a DoF or any of the legends from Genk's past as staff members, I always do that when I start up as a manager of a club brings feel more homey then with legends helping ya out at the club :)