There's prob more to this that we dont know yet.

Probably a rift between a large group of the players and the manager or something?

That's the thing, a lot of people on here are jumping the gun a bit and saying 'ooh they're are a disgrace' when they don't even know what has happened.

It's because one of their trainers leaked the story about Anelka's comments which got him sent home.

Still pathetic by the players and I'd be asoloutly livid if I was a French fan at the world cup, not least because I'd be French (I is rate good at jokes l0o0o0ol!!!1)

At least it's a nice distraction from how well England have played

At least it's a nice distraction from how well England have played

Well this has been the shitest World Cup that I have watched big stars injured, England playing **** early on and now France's big problem... what next?

Well this has been the shitest World Cup that I have watched big stars injured, England playing **** early on and now France's big problem... what next?
how many have you watched? think its been pretty good. and we are still only in the group stages anyway

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

im amazed that they dont just try and win it for themselves though

I think the fact that Domenech will be replaced by Laurent Blanc after the world cup and that it was made public before the world cup hasn't helped them at all. It's like: "we know we have problems but we wont fix them just yet". Players know that he wont be in charge after the world cup and don't respect Domenech at all because they have basically no reason to fear him, he can't send them all home before the last match. The french FA should have sacked Domenech before the world cup, or give him full support and keep his successor secret. I now hope Blanc starts with a strong hand and players like Anelka wont make it to the France squad anymore. Playing for your country should be above personal issues with the coach.

France could probably assemble the best team in the world: keepers like Lloris, Frei, Mandanda, strong and physical players like Lass Diarra, Sakho in a few years probably and technically gifted players like Nasri, Ribery and everything that goes between. I have no statistics to back it up but last season almost every Premier league team had a frenchman in their first eleven and not always an English player.

how many have you watched? think its been pretty good. and we are still only in the group stages anyway

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

im amazed that they dont just try and win it for themselves though

Tis one the last one and can barely remeber 2002

Tis one the last one and can barely remeber 2002
lol you make me feel old. my first was italia 90, though dont really remember too much

corvette, totally agree about the blanc situation. it would have been fine if the playerds like domenech, cos they would be playing their hearts out to send him home, but its no secret theres long been prblems with him and the players so announcing hes leaving before would (and has) kill any lingering respect for him

I remember filling out my Spain 82 Ladybird book with the results... and wanting to be Socrates. Still want to be Socrates, so some things haven't changed. :D

Crazy stuff from France.

It's all gone Pete Tong. From the most basic basic understanding of the situation, the french squad are being pathetic, they're throwing away any chances they had of qualifying, and they're not exactly making a point to the FFA about the coach are they? considering he's already been sacked. I agree with Corvette about the decision making in the FFA, they shouldn't have appointed a new coach before the WC, but they shouldn't have publicly said they're going to put Blanc in charge afterwards, it ruins the coaches chances of having their respect because they know he doesn't have the confidence of the FFA. Really disappointing, but again, i know nothing...

Anyone in France want only one thing:to see Blanc on the bench.Everything was Domeneck's fault.He couldn't control anyone on the team.Especially Anelka,who you wouldn't call an untemperous persona before the incident.Domeneck's well had it.He is the worst manager of the French national team.None worse than him.

Some of the stuff I'm reading is pretty shocking though. Gourcuff being an outcast because he prefers to read instead of going to nightclubs. With Anelka the only one sticking upfor him. That's pretty **** poor.

It's a little bit sad as well that Henry has to pay someone to start his car for him after the handball incident.

COmplete and utter disntegration of the team concept.

Some of the stuff I'm reading is pretty shocking though. Gourcuff being an outcast because he prefers to read instead of going to nightclubs. With Anelka the only one sticking upfor him. That's pretty **** poor.

It's a little bit sad as well that Henry has to pay someone to start his car for him after the handball incident.

COmplete and utter disntegration of the team concept.
so gourcuff is an outcast for being professional...