France the Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

necas12

Reaction score
So, a lot of talk of the henry hand incident, but as far as i can remember france were lucky in many important games.
As far as I can remember this happened: (many portuguese incidents as i am portuguese, if you know of any other incident please tell me)

Euro 1984: France win against Portugal 3-2 after losing 2-1 in extra time in the semis. They win the euro against spain after their last goal was in the 90th minute.

Euro 2000: In the semi finals they were tied with portugal when a very contested penalty was awarded to the french. In the Final they were losing in the 89th minute against italy, until they score a goal and go to extra time. At extra time they win with a golden goal.

Fifa World Cup 2006: They win against portugal with (again) a very contested penalty. The portuguese goalkeeper still manages to touch the ball before it enters the net. In the final they went to extra time after a penalty which entered after going against the bar.

Fifa World Cup 2010 qualification: Thierry Henry used his hand to pass the ball to Gallas to score the crucial second goal to get them into the world cup.

What do you guys think?

mate there 2 threads on this already.

where have you been, missed all the fun and discussing.

Post this one one of the other threads on this subject please,we dont need another.

Status
Not open for further replies.