GlenYid

Reaction score
100px-Modena_fc.png

Modena Football Club SpA would like to announce the managerial changes made at the club. Cristiano Bergodi has been relieved of his duties as manager after mutual consent was agreed between both parties, much to the surprise of the fans who were of the belief that he was the man to lead their side out of the Serie B. The Modena FC SpA Board have appointed former AC Milan and Italy star Franco Baresi, to the delight of the fans. They are of the belief that having someone of Baresi's stature at the club can only be a good thing even though Baresi's only previous experience in management is of the AC Milan youth team.

franco-baresi-873376961.jpg

Ferdinando Maniero the Modena Chairman said "Franco Baresi is a huge coup for us, and to have him as manager is ideal. The Baresi family have always had a strong affiliation with this club, and it was Franco's brother Guiseppe (the current Inter Milan Assistant Manager) who ended his career with this Club. I and the board have complete faith in Franco and we have set up together a four year plan of getting into the Serie A and becoming a main stay in one of the top divisions in the world."

Franco Baresi released a statement to the press stating: "I am delighted to have been asked to join this club, it has a wonderful set up here and I am over the moon to now be considered part of the furniture. Modena is a wonderful City, birthplace of Enzo Ferrari the founder of those beautiful cars, and this football club needs to rise up and become a top football club in the Country to match the status of the City. I know this Football Club can make it's home-town proud."

A formal interview or press conference has not yet been set with the new Manager, but the whole of Italian Football will be looking to Modena to see if the arrival of the former Great player can spur them on to success.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

It had finally been announced, me the new Manager of Modena FC SpA. My agent had released a press statement on my behalf, Mr. Maniero has been expressing his delight to every National newspaper under the sun. I am delighted to be the new Manager of this fine fine football club, but with the added media attention because of my football career just makes my first proper management job that little bit more difficult.

I have faced different adversities in life, from being rejected by Inter Milan as a schoolboy to missing a penalty kick in a World Cup Final. I've had my fair share of disappointments, and I am determined that this new job will not be added to that list. On the other hand I have had more than my fair share of successes, I have played in three World Cups. I have won six Serie A Titles with my beloved A.C Milan, and I've won three European Cups with them too. Modena is the next chapter in my career, the next step that I'll take as I continue my road. I have played at the highest level in football, now my aim is to manage at the highest level in football... who know's maybe even with Modena. I guess only time will tell!

stadiomodena.jpg

14/07/2009
It's official, the contract is signed. A two year deal at £3,800 per week, not bad for a first job. I had a brief meeting with Mr. Maniero basically toasting to a new partnership. My Brother, Giuseppe had also called me to wish me luck in my new role and I know that he would be there if ever I needed any advice. But for now, it is just getting use to my surroundings that I am aiming for.

My Assistant Manager, David Morelli is then introduced to me. A very helpful man, but tries a bit too hard. I'm thinking he may be wondering about his future at the club upon my arrival. He gave me a tour of the facilities before I got to meet the rest of my Coaching Staff. A good bunch of people, not the best but good enough for me.

15/07/2009
I have been given a hefty some of money for my transfer targets. £875k, a lot of money for a Serie B team. I have no one in mind, however, I think I may do the Club a favour and hang onto this money until mid season after seeing what my current playing staff can pull out of the bag. But I have been in contact with an old friend who is looking for a Club to join, Christian Vieri. Not sure what kind of money his agent will try and get him but let's watch this space.

17/07/2009
Transfer In – Christian Vieri signs for Modena on a Free Transfer
article-1200402-0051766E00000258-602_468x286.jpg

19/07/2009
Transfer In – Walter Baseggion signs for Modena on a Free Transfer
large_508483.jpg

Transfer In – Salvatore Fresi signs for Modena on a Free Transfer
Fresi_Boca_33Bnet.JPG

20/07/2009
Transfer In – Marcello Castellini signs for Modena on a Free Transfer
Castellini012bNet.JPG

Transfer In – Giulio Falcone signs for Modena on a Free Transfer
GiulioFalcone.jpg

Transfer In – Duccio Innocenti signs for Modena on a Free Transfer
images

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

31/07/2009
With the signings that I have made, I am confident of attaining a high finish in my first season. I wanted to keep a domestic player bias and that is why all of my players are Italian. I have not spent a penny on transfer fees as I have been lucky enough for the club to acquire each new member of the team through a Free Transfer. The pinnacle of which is my good friend Christian Vieri. I even offered an Assistant Manager contract to another friend, Paolo Maldini. But he did call and explain that although he would love to, he wanted to stay in Milan. But who knows, maybe in the future we will work together.

For now it is time to concentrate on Modena, and first off are the friendlies in preparation for hopefully a season of success.

Modena Show Lethal Touch
Pescara 0 – 3 Modena

28' Andrea Catellani
45' Alex Pinardi
73' Salvatore Bruno

Man of the Match: Michele Troiano

Match Report
Modena showed this evening it's not the amount of possession you have, it's what you do with it that counts, as they ran out 3-0 winners.

05/08/2009
Canarini win against Paganese
Paganese 1 – 2 Modena

27' Domenico Giampa
72' Domenico Giampa

Man of the Match: Domenico Giampa

Match Report
Modena showed their superiority in a 2-1 victory over Paganese during their Friendly game at Marcello Torre, but they could and should have scored more. A brace from Domenico Giampa helped Modena to victory.

08/08/2009
Italian Cup 2nd Qualifying Round
Modena 2 – 2 Hellas Verona
Modena win 5-3 on penalties

84' Salvatore Bruno
112' Domenico Grampia

Man of the Match: Salvatore Bruno

Match Report
Modena produced a solid performance at Alberto Braglia this afternoon but they were pushed all the way by a gutsy Hellas Verona side.

13/08/2009
Comfortable 2-0 win for Canarini
Carpi 0 – 2 Modena

29' Salvatore Fresi
89' Andrea Catellani

Man of the Match: Salvatore Fresi

Match Report
Modena produced a good display this evening to see of the challenge of Carpi at Sandro Cabassi.

15/08/2009
Italian Cup Third Qualifying Round
Bari 1 – 0 Modena

Man of the Match: Andrea Ranocchia (Bari)

Match Report
Modena battled away against Bari and looked very impressive despite their unlucky 1-0 (lost after extra time) defeat.

23/08/2009
Serie B
Cesena 0 – 0 Modena

Man of the Match: Juri Tamburini

Match Report
Modena fans came away from Dino Manuzzi largely in good spirits after their match against Cesena.

30/08/2009
Serie B
Modena 1 – 0 Empoli

45+3' Michele Troiano

Man of the Match: Duccio Innocenti

Match Report
Modena taught Empoli a lesson at Alberto Braglia this afternoon.

31/08/2009
After seeing my side through the first two league games without losing I am more than pleased. Prior to both games, Cesena and Empoli had both been perceived as higher end teams in the league and to not lose is an added bonus.

The Coppa Italia is a little dishearetening but I can not fault how my team played, they did everything I could have asked of them but the Bari keeper was on fire. In the end I believed the fitness of the Serie A team won them the game.

Overall I look forward to the coming months and seeing how my squad develops. Some of the new faces still havent quite settled in yet, and when that day comes the Serie B could look like a brighter pasture for Modena.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:10 PM ----------

Is there any followers at all?