Reaction score

Frank de Boer - 3 Stars Tactic - [4-3-3]

Hi, my name is Koen and I come from Holland. My favorite club is AFC Ajax! :wub:
Headcoach Frank de Boer won 3 Dutch titles in a row with his Club Ajax. Frank de Boer always play with a 4-3-3 formation. I wanted to play just like AFC Ajax, and started to create a FM13 tactic.

In my first season using this self-made tactic I won the Dutch League, Dutch Super Cup, Dutch Cup, the Champions League, The European Super Cup en The World Championship for Clubs. Everything!

The Formation

View attachment 340289

The tactic does play football like Frank de Boer wants to play with. High pressure, dominate at the opponents half, with many people walking into free space. However, the tactic may be natural to several aspects sufficiently improved. The dominance is there, but the ball is usually around 55% in your team. That could be a point of improvement of this tactic.
I think it's very nice to see how Daley Blind ever pops up suddenly in the penalty area from ​​the opponent. This what I have tried to emulate what has come out pretty well. The backs make assists and score a goals. In addition, you often see that when backing on one side comes up, the backup on the other more conservative state. Below are quick counter attacks nipped in the bud.
Especially in the matches against PSV this season you saw well that Eriksen and De Jong's midfield opponent pulled apart, creating additional space. I thought when making this tactic, which Siem Christian and wide are creating additional space in the center.

Benefits of the tactic
- With this tactic you dominate most games, both home and away games.
- High pressure causing the ball often quickly in succession.
- Strong in standard situations.

Tactics help
- Speech Team for the game'' Fel, I expect a victory.''
- I play with small pitch size.
- Instructions opponent, let do my assistant.
- Team Training is on 'automatic grinding' on average and preparatory training I let my assistant do that.
- I do not use shouts.

When your team goes down to 10 men
- Take the striker off. Put your wingers at 'search for free space' and let one of your CMs (I'd take the offensive player) 'come from behind' a lot.

My tactical results

View attachment 340290 View attachment 340292View attachment 340291 View attachment 340288 View attachment 340293 View attachment 340294 View attachment 340295 View attachment 340296 View attachment 340778

Tactic during game

View attachment 340297 View attachment 340298

The FdB Tactic
2.0 FdB - 3 Stars Tactic - By Koen.tac

http://www.mediafire.com/download/562i8imbexh2j2p/3.6_FdB_-_3_Stars_Tactic_-_By_Koen.tac (3.6 version)

I posted this tactic on Managers United (a dutch FM site) and got a lot of positive feedback.

- People won the championship with Sampdoria and Utrecht in first season.
- People won international cups with underdog teams.

- People commented that the tactic does dominate and don't conceed a lot of goals.

Last edited:
any chances to get more informations about training match training pitch size etc etc

You should try to post your player's stats as well to show people how they've done over the season. Also in the results screen shots you've bizarrely cut them so no one can even see who scored

And I'm not too sure what part of the world your from means anything when it comes to making a detailed post, more people will be interested in using it if there was actual information other than 'I've made this formation and won stuff'

Last edited:
The least you can do is post your player's stats as well to show people how they've done over the season. Also in the results screen shots you've bizarrely cut them so no one can even see who scored :$

And I'm not too sure what part of the world your from means anything when it comes to making a detailed post, more people will be interested in using it if there was actual information other than 'I've made this formation and won stuff'

I'm still working on this opening post. Besides, I'm from Holland and it's not easy to write a full article about tactical analysis from the tactic.

Give him a little leeway scouse, he did say ;).

Give him a little leeway scouse, he did say ;).

I wasn't trying to be nasty about it in any means because that wasn't the way I meant it, but people will be less likely to try it out without seeing how it does overall, you see it all the time on here. As for my second comment, I do stand by that, I'm still not sure what him being from Holland has to do with it :S

I've edited the first part of it, looking back it did seem harsher than I meant for it to sound

Last edited:
I enjoy the Ajax way of playing as much as you, will try this out at some point this week.

Do you change anything in the tactic when facing a better opponent or playing matches away from home?! :)
cheers

Sometimes I play control and set mentality to counter. But I always use the normal tactic in the begin of the match.

That's correct. But my CM's score quite a lot of goals. And all of my strikers play in CM as well, so the stats are not just winger stats.

Ahh I didn't know your set up was more of a well rounded team one, a lot of 4-3-3 focus on the goal scoring just coming from your front 3.

I also use this tactic my last game did i win with 8-1 from Roda JC With Ryan Babel's efforts of making 4 goals