XeNoNF50

Reaction score
It's not particularly anything that I have had success with. Scoring from midfield has been a massive problem for me the whole way through FM11. I can't seem to get a CM position to score goals from maybe arriving late into the box etc and so here. The whole concept in itself is something that I have struggled with unfortunately and is probably the only thing that I honestly struggle with. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had a Frank Lampard or a goalscoring central midfielder player instruction. An instruction that will score 15-20 goals per season from the CM position for a top team. By player instruction I don't want someone to say "ADVANCED PLAYMAKER - ATTACK" because those preset player instructions are just useless for everything. I would like a custom player instruction (preferably a screenshot of the instruction) of one that scores from from midfield. I'm honestly surprised that there aren't that many threads for player instructions. Instructions are what makes the tactics themselves :)

---------- Post added 04/10/2011 at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was 03/10/2011 at 06:56 PM ----------

Thanks for everyone's help! I suppose others struggle with it too. Nevermind that though, I've just put together a great playmaker role instead and my new tactic is disposing of teams for fun. Oh and it can defend. Perfect.

ligabbvainformationleag.png

realmadridcfrmadridfixt.png

I have bought a new players like Modric, Hazard, Hummels, Muller but that is mainly to improve depth of squad as this is my personal game save. Hazard is no improvement on Ozil. Hummels is no improvement on Pepe/Carvalho. Muller is definitely no improvement on Ronaldo. Modric is probably the only improvement to the team, on Kaka.

realmadridcfrmadridtact.png

That is the formation. Inspired by the Galacticos era, random bits and bobs from it really. I'm more or less working off the team template of Casillas, Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Carlos, Makelele, Guti, Zidane, Figo, Solari and Raul/Ronaldo. Whatever you fancy to fit into this formation really. I can't claim it is a carbon copy but my god is it effective and similar with Madrid on FM.

We all know about their defence, and the main facet of it was Roberto Carlos. Great player, gets forward a lot. That is basically all I've done to the defence and the others defend. Ramos in Salgado's position gets up the field too sometimes.

Khedira was showing off the Makelele role. Beautiful role. Used frequently in modern day football now. The fact that Marcelo gets up the field means that he puts pressure on players on the left side of the pitch and Khedira's role doesn't get forward on the right and this works extremely well for this real madrid team.

Midfield; Guti plays the deep lying playmaker role which is depicted by Modric. Zidane as AMCL. Links up with the attack a lot, scores a good amount of goals. The two winger positions are self explanatory. I've been playing Ronaldo/Muller in AMR and it's been very effective. 7 goals 3 assists in 9 games for Ronaldo, average rating of 8.00 on the dot. Thomas Muller from 3 starts and 6 sub apps has only 5 assists though he's not played too much.

ST position just scores goals galore. Theres been 4 hatricks scored so far in the 11 games played in that season.

Btw before anyone asks, theres no chance of me releasing this tactic before I've played a whole season to make sure of consistency and I do not allow others to test the tactic. Never have done, never will do.

Last edited:
hey bud, it also depends on what formation you use :) if you had a flat 3 Cm with 2 ball winners on either side of the central Cm who has anyone of the roles (depending on his stats to promote better averages as this does affect the players competency during the game) but as we all know that the PI's are what really make the difference as you have already mentioned...

I will use Luka Modric as an example for this: he is Naturally a Cm and has a good work rate, technically really good, good dribbling and good decsions (his finishing is not the best but the tactic/role/PI's just want this player to get into the position of being able to score more though than him actually finishing it as you could have Hamsik who is a much better finisher) so below is what I would do to get the Central Cm into goal scoring positions and scoring goals...

Mentality: Attacking (just on the border of normal, so 1 click over normal)
Freedom: Normal (2 clicks above centre)
Passing: Mixed (border of mixed and direct)
Closing Down: Own area (1/4)
Tackling: Easy
Run from Deep: Always
Run with ball: Always
Long Shots: Sometimes (depends on player, Modric I would use Never, but with Hamsik or Frank, sometimes)
Through Balls: Never (he will keep possession and run with the ball but if in danger he will pass it off)
Cross Ball: Sometimes
Cross from: Byline (to ensure he runs into the box)
Cross aim: Mixed
Wide Play: Moves into channels (to make space for himself when the other defensive Cm's win the ball)
Swap: No
Marking: Zonal (so he is not committed to tracking back)
Tight Marking: No (same reason as above)
Roaming: Yes
Hold up ball: No

PPM's: Attack through centre, arrive late in box, run with ball often, place shots in corner, get forward!

Play in this type of formation, play wide and quick to get the wingers into the game, set the wingers to cross to TM - feet who you must make this CM as well as making him playmaker! so when he plays the ball out wide he is running forward to help out in the box and with the crossing set to drilling and TM he will receive the crosses...

fm11-451-tactic-formation.png

Him being the central mid :) hope that helps