Frank Lampard Story - The Director of Football Challenge

Szyger

Reaction score
Chelsea confirm Frank Lampard as their new manager!
View attachment 238898

"Recent rumours of a disagreement between José Mourinho and Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich have turned out to be true. The Chosen One has just been sacked by Chelsea.

According to our sources, the spat has been over the most coveted young talent, Mourinhos "Eiffel Tower", Paul Pogba. José declared that Abramovich either agrees to the purchase, no matter the price, or he walks.

Frank Lampard, who was already preparing to join his new team, New York City FC, has decided to hang up his boots and return to his beloved club, this time as a manager.

Critics claim it's a bold move, and it comes as no surprise that Chelsea board agreed to this on one condition. All contract and transfer activity is to be managed by the clubs Director of Football. Frank's focus is to be solely on player management, training and match tactics.

It appears that the club wants to retain more control over the transfer activities, which makes sense for Frank, who has not necessarily got the required experience and expertise in this field."

So I have decided to try something new. This is my first manager story, so I hope it goes well. It will involve a bit of role play, of one of my favourite footballer returning to his club to lead it as a manager.
There is also the element of me trying out the Director of Football challenge.

Let's see how it goes, hope you enjoy it!

Frank, having no previous experience, starts his coaching career with whatever he managed to learn along his long career as an international footballer.

Frank first days as the manager have begun rather peacefully, no less thanks to the fact that he can focus all his attention to the first team.

Chelsea is currently on tour in China, and the team is working hard in preparation to the upcoming season.
It's Frank's first win in his managerial career. While it doesn't mean much trophy wise, it's definitely a good start and sets everyone in the right mood.

He has already shown he is not afraid to give youngsters a chance, with Kurt Zouma really impressing. He looks like someone who might be able to fill the shoes of the ageing captain Terry.

It comes as no surprise that during the tour Chelsea also announced a new affiliate link with Chinese club Renhe.
In the meantime, the Director is working hard on ensuring our back room staff is ready.
Our first coaching additional is no other than the famous volley scorer, David Platt!

It is always good when everything is coming along nicely for a new manager.

Frank is very pleased so far, the staff, players and fans have all been extremely supportive.

You can never say no to a few good results in a pre-season warm up.
But now comes the real task of getting the team going once we start the Premier League season with a home game against QPR.
In the meantime, a quick glance at our Director of Football, Michael Emenalo. He will be a very important person in Fank's life over the foreseeable future.

The fans go wild, the stadium erupts, as Chelsea's new manager bags a home win on the opening night of the season.
It is a great start, and Frank has already set out that he plans to play rather aggressively with the formation he's used for that game.
There is no question about how influential and skilful Eden Hazard is. Frank knows his qualities very well, and sees him as a very big part of his team. Hazard has already proven today that he wants to work hard and be the best.

Unfortunately, the game has had a big shadow cast over our main striker Diego Costa, who went out injured early in the game, and it looks like he might be out for a good few weeks. What are the chances?!

This is a major blow to us. While Remy is a pretty good replacement, aside from him we are rather weak in the striker area. Drogba hasn't got the pace he used to have.
Is this a nudge for the Director to dip into the market before it closes? We shall see...

Last edited:
Ouch! 3 key players..

This is where you step up and show how good a manager you really are ;) I have faith.

Good luck, will be following.

This has been a rather surprisingly good start of the season for Frank, considering he is new to the role and factoring in the fact that 5 of his key players were out with injuries.
Many pundits were very impressed with Chelsea so far, and the Manager of the Month award is a cherry on top for Frank.

He is very realistic though, the next month will prove itself to be a real test, especially with Champions League kicking off too, and a test against Juventus and Manchester City at home.

Disclaimer89
Ouch! 3 key players..

This is where you step up and show how good a manager you really are
wink.gif
I have faith.

Good luck, will be following.​

Thank you, I am not really an expert in this game, so this is a real test for me! :)

Yeti01
Should be good mate. Will follow.​

Thanks, hope you enjoy!

And so we came up against first manager who was of a mind that Frank's great career start is overrated.

It was especially pleasing for Frank to get a good result today and prove Nigel Pearson wrong. He maintains a 100% record so far. Not a bad start for someone with no coaching experience!