MCFCJonny

Reaction score
I'm in April 2015, I'm now looking towards the new season after a really poor season with my Spurs have seen us drop out the title race & are facing a losing battle for a CL spot.. I feel that the reason as to why we're doing so poorly is the lack of cover in the Wing department.

I came across a certain Ribery, aged 32 (can't remember top of my head) with some excellent stats. Availed for free at the end of his contract. He lacks pace (currently at 9) is he still worth picking up for backup?

Guess this replies probably rather too late, but for what it's worth, I've been playing as Bayern recently and I don't think Ribery's worth having even at the start. Approaching the end of my first season I'm actually looking forward to selling him in the summer. He's got an undoubted talent for creating chances out of nothing, yet he almost always then wastes said chances by blasting the ball as far away from the goal as he can managing rather than passing to someone in a better position or bothering to line up his shot (unfortunately Robben and Shaq have exactly the same habit).

If you want a winger, get someone fast, who can cross a ball and knows the meaning of "team". If you want an IF get someone who can actually put the ball in the net. Either way, Ribery is absolutely NOT your man.