Franky's MARAUDER Tactic for FM 17 (17.3.1) plug and play... my best tactic to date!!

Franky1971

Reaction score
This tactic is an evolution of my HUSTLER tactic so very high scoring but with better defensive coverage down the flanks. Goals conceded from crosses is the achilles heel of 4 defender tactics in FM 17 so in order to combat this, there's now a half back who drops into central defence and both centre backs push out wide to provide cover for the advanced wing backs so in effect, the wing backs are auxilliary inside forwards and the centre backs morph into full backs to provide cover when they (i.e. wing backs) go forward. The net result being less goals conceded from crosses. It's a 2 set tactic. The main tactic is with an attacking mentality and you also have the more defensive version with a counter mentality.

MAIN TACTIC...... PSG PRE-MATCH FAVOURITES

AFTER 18 LEAGUE GAMES WITH MEDIA PREDICTION 5TH

FORMATION

Full information regarding the tactic, how to use it and type of players required can be found at https://community.sigames.com/topic...17-1731-plug-and-play-my-best-tactic-to-date/

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be better if you post the full information tactic on here instead directing us to another site?
I am just afraid if that link thread is down in the future, that's all.

Wouldn't it be better if you post the full information tactic on here instead directing us to another site?
I am just afraid if that link thread is down in the future, that's all.
It's the official SI forum and has never been down before so that's not a worry. It's just easier and more convenient to read it all there, just takes one click of a mouse button.

training??
I leave all team training to the assistant manager but take care of all the individual player training myself, which is detailed for each position in the 'PLAYERS REQUIRED' section on the SI forum that I've linked to in the original post.

tactic

update your tactic 41221 please

Hey Frankie, great stuff and write-up as always !!!

I am going to load this up as a 3rd option for my West Ham squad, since I am already using 4312 formation.

One question please, if I drag the WBs to the conventional fullback positions, with the same role and PIs ofcourse, can it make the tactic less effective, it feels more "safe" that way ;)

Hey Frankie, great stuff and write-up as always !!!

I am going to load this up as a 3rd option for my West Ham squad, since I am already using 4312 formation.

One question please, if I drag the WBs to the conventional fullback positions, with the same role and PIs ofcourse, can it make the tactic less effective, it feels more "safe" that way ;)
[FONT=&quot]No, bringing the wing backs to the dr/dl position will ruin the tactic. They won't get forward enough to have an impact in the final third and that will be detrimental to the team's attacking play. From a defensive perspective, they'll then be occupying the same space as the centre backs, which would be rather pointless. As I've already said in the original post, the centre backs are providing defensive cover behind the wing backs so there's no need to make any changes.[/FONT]

I decidet to start a new personal save, whit Telford United, my last save whit playmouth is boring i stay on Pilgrims for 32 year :D, now this tactic is really good, nice possession, and a lot of chance for make a gol....
Telford don't have budget for transfert only buy 1 GK for free.....

My Key player:
R1y04.png

R1425.png

R1GbJ.png

The result for Now:
R1WST.png

R1s47.png

Quick update.......... I've found that using the suggested opposition instructions makes a significant difference, meaning you will concede less goals..........

All strikers and wide players (i.e. STC/STCR/STCL, WBR/WBL, MR/ML, AMR/AML).......... closing down - always.

Make sure to monitor the opponent's formation so if they change, you can maintain the OIs.

Quick update.......... I've found that using the suggested opposition instructions makes a significant difference, meaning you will concede less goals..........

All strikers and wide players (i.e. STC/STCR/STCL, WBR/WBL, MR/ML, AMR/AML).......... closing down - always.

Make sure to monitor the opponent's formation so if they change, you can maintain the OIs.

No need to close down DR and DL?

I notice some AI teams in premier league deploy the fullbacks who are always bombarding forward.

No need to close down DR and DL?

I notice some AI teams in premier league deploy the fullbacks who are always bombarding forward.
If you close down the full backs, they can make a quick pass to the wingers who will have acres of space to exploit. The wingers are the real danger men so you want to focus on them and not allow them any room to manoeuvre....... so no, DR/DL not to be closed down, only the most advanced wide players.

Hey there... Who do you reckon takes the corners??
Leave it to the AI. Same with free kicks, throw ins and penalties. I've not found it to be detrimental in any way as the AI usually makes the best choice.

okay, thx.. I just started with Liverpool, and it Works great, i have all the play and many chances.

View attachment 1120680
Couple of tweaks on the counter, but not a bad 2nd game now fully fluid.. awesome stuff :)

Uses alot of energy but might just be as im in Feb/March already, we'll defo carry on..

I've just added the following information to the original post on the SI forum............

IN GAME CHANGES

Other than the tactic usage and OI instructions mentioned above, there is one more important change that you need to make. The attacking play is set to exploit the the central areas by outnumbering and overwhelming the opposition there with your three attackers and two BBMs. Basically, 'exploit the middle' works best when the opposition do NOT have a DMC. However, whenever your opponents play with a DMC (or two DMCs), he can act as a brick wall that your attacks keep running into, not to mention the fact that a DMC is a ball magnet for attacks through the middle. This will mean it's generally more difficult to break down your opponents. To avoid this and bypass the DMC, you need to remove the 'exploit the middle' team instruction. Your players will then be more encouraged in the final third to go wide to the wing backs, who will get crosses in from the byline. Their 'cut inside' PI won't affect this as that mostly applies to when they have space in front of them. Just remember to reset the 'exploit the middle' TI if your opponents decide to do away with the DMC during the game.