Pogrebnik

Reaction score
Hello.

First of all I wanted to say this is not my tactic but from guy Franky from SIGames forum.

Here is link to his post https://community.sigames.com/topic/391333-frankys-total-domination-tactic-for-fm-17/

I have used this tactic with two clubs now and I find it best tactic that I have played in FM17.

Clubs I have tried for now are AC Milan and Osijek. Bouth without transfers.

I will show you only Osijek (my hometown) now, because AC Milan I was in middle of season so no point.

Tomorrow I will play with some very small club to try it.

So here is tactic.

View attachment 115015 View attachment 115014

As you can see you can change IF to Wingers if you like it or if you have those type of players. IF are original. I use Wingers.

Franky recommends changing Striker as well as your striker fits but I wouldn't do that (I tried wasn't as close as good as now)

I haven't been training players and some where unhappy I just tried to played it as fast as possible to show you.

Here is half season with NK Osijek, chances for me to win league are 60-1

View attachment 115013 View attachment 115012 View attachment 115011 View attachment 115005

Here are some of best players to see with what I am playing.

View attachment 115010 View attachment 115009 View attachment 115008 View attachment 115007

So about tactic.

I use OI's probably from someone here (I don't know who was first that made them)

View attachment 115006

Training I am not sure. I used most of times Attacking movement but I will try Teamwork I think it should be better.

Here are Frankys instructions for tactic and players and all. I didn't have any players with those stats or PPM's in NK Osijek and still have great results.

PLAYERS REQUIRED

Wing Backs – These guys are no longer the key players in the team but still provide a crossing option from out wide so decent crossing ability is still a must. High stamina and work rate will also increase their effectiveness. Set their training focus to 'crossing'.

PPM to set (in order of importance)......... 1) gets forward whenever possible......... 2) hugs line.

Training focus - crossing.

Centre Backs - There's a regular centre back in both DCR and DCL positions. One must be quick so he can recover in case an attacker breaks the offside trap.

PPM to set......... 1) runs with ball rarely......... 2) plays short simple passes (if passing ability is poor).

NOTE: The default setting is 'Central Defender' but you need to change that to 'Ball Playing Defender' for any centre back who is better in that role. It's okay two have two BPD's if need be.

DMC – Sits in front of the back four and sweeps up most of the opposition clearances. His ability to win the ball in the middle of the park allows the the front 3 plus both wing backs plus both BBMs to operate in a highly attacking manner. Also offers a passing option as he's always unmarked. When it's played to him, he's on the lookout to distribute to the RPM or wing backs when they make their runs forward. Must have a high work rate as he'll be charging around, picking up all the loose balls and closing down attackers. A defensively sound, hard working player...... Schneiderlin being perfect for this role.

PPM to set......... 1) stays back at all times........ 2) tries first time shots.

Training focus - 'passing' if less than 13, otherwise 'long shots'.

Box to Box Midfielder x2 (right and left) - Get forward quickly to support the striker and provide a presence in the box for all the crosses coming in and defensively work hard to help the team win the ball back so a high work rate is very important. To really get the best out of the tactic, they ideally need to have good 'long shot' ability. It's not an absolute must but if they do then you're really in business. The better long shooter of the two must be on the left as set-pieces are designed to get him into positions where he has the opportunity to shoot long.

PPM to set......... 1) gets into opposition area...... 2) gets forward whenever possible. If he has a long shot attribute of 13+ then 'shoots from distance' and 'shoots with power' then 'tries first time shots'.

Training focus - long shots.

Wingers – There's two of these guys and they'll be looking to get on the end of attacking moves and especially to take advantage of crosses fired in from the wing back on the opposite flank so good finishing and 'off the ball' ability is helpful, although not essential. Needless to say, good crossing ability for wingers is a must. Minimum 13 in the top division.

PPM to set......... 1) gets into opposition area...... 2) gets forward whenever possible........ 3) if quick then 'knocks ball past opponent'. If he has a PPM of 'cuts inside', make sure to untrain/discourage that.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Inside forwards work just as well as Wingers so just use these players in whichever role they are more suited to.

Deep Lying Forward – Comes deep to receive the ball, then uses his strength to hold up play while the bbms and wingers make their runs, then looks to play them in. A strong target man type player is best for this role and if he has a good jump reach then that will be perfect as he can then make the most of the tonnes of crosses fired in by the wingers and wing backs.

PPM to set......... 'shoots with power'.

Training focus - strength.

NOTE: The default role is for a DLF but use the striker in the role that he's best suited to. Deep Lying Forward and Complete Forward can also be used......... make sure to keep the CF or DF on support duty.
This I tried but I am not sure. Team played best with CF(S)

TACTIC USAGE

I use the tactic usage formula below, making no changes to team mentality until half-time unless we go 2 goals down, in which case I'll switch immediately to control and keep it there for the rest of the game or if I take the lead I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend duty. If I'm leading by the odd goal at half-time, I'll drop the mentality one notch or if I'm anticipating a tough second half then I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend.

Start each game with the following mentalities depending on the pre-match odds.........

This I used some times but not often.

Favourite (home) - Control

Odds on favourite (away) - Control

Favourite (away) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (home) - Counter

Opponent is favourite (away) - Counter

Cup finals or other matches at neutral venues should be treated as home games.

If you need to protect a lead and the priority is to avoid conceding, switch to 'contain' and put both wing backs on defend duty (credit to Sabine for this tip, which works very well) but don't do this until half-time at the earliest. Needless to say, if the objective changes and you need to score, don't forget to revert them back to attack duty when upping the mentality. Also, if you switch from contain to a higher mentality, the tempo will automatically be set to 'normal' so you'll have to manually turn it down a notch to 'lower'.

Credit to Glassy for the counter mentality tip if opponent is pre-match favourite, home and away.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Never go higher than Control as I find Attacking and Overload mentalities counter productive (too many wasted passes and shots from ridiculous angles and distances).

ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES (I didn't have any in my test so it works with smaller teams too)

The advice above should suffice but I will reiterate some of it below as it is an absolute must if you want this tactic to work for you.........

1. Both wing backs, DMC and BBMs must have a high work rate (minimum 14 in the top division).

2. Both wing backs and wingers must have good crossing ability (minimum 12).

3. Every player must have at least 7/10 in the green suitability circle.

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS AND TEAM TALKS

I let the assistant manager deal with team talks as I'm playing the Touch version of the game where you can't do team talks yourself. Obviously, if you know what you're doing then would be better to do them yourself. Leave the OIs set by the assistant manager and supplement them with the following...........

I just use my OI's as above (not sure would it be better with *** too)

ALL wide players (i.e. full backs, wing backs, wide midfielders and wingers) - show onto weaker foot.

ALL strikers - always close down.

The above OIs are very simple and are designed to minimize dangerous crosses coming in and to win the ball off the striker before he has time to do anything. Tried and tested and work very well. Make sure to have a decent assistant manager who has high attributes for Tactical Knowledge, Judging Player Ability and Motivating.

Credit to Cerud for OI instructions.

FURTHER INFORMATION/ADVICE

The Striker and both CB's must NOT be on corner taking duty plus inswinging corners only.

As soon as a player picks up a booking, manually set him to 'ease off tackles' in order to avoid a second yellow. Front 3 are set to this by default.

Do not buy a DMC, BBM or wing backs with poor work rate, they're not compatible with this tactic. I had Carrick at Man Utd with a 'work rate' rating of 11..... got rid straight away.

For your best free-kick takers, set their PPM to 'tries long range free kicks' as the default setting is to float the ball into the box, even when there's a clear scoring opportunity with a direct shot. Once this PPM is acquired, they won't waste such opportunities.

Every player that has less than 12 for long shots should be trained to 'refrain from taking long shots'. For the Inside Forwards/Wingers and Striker this is a priority as they tend to waste good passing opportunities by taking ridiculous shots from distance....... this PPM will help to minimize that.

For corner takers I use AML and AMR inverted if can if not just the ones with better stats.

This is it for now. Feel free to try it and let me know.

Tomorrow I will start with some small club probably from England so if you like you can tell me here with what club to start testing. I was thinking Millwall.

If you have questions ask. Give this tactic a try it works wonders.

View attachment 115001

this is latest tactic. updated for 17.2

this are instructions for it

[FONT=&quot]Start each game with the following:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Favourite (home and away) - Control[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Opponent is favourite (home and away) - Control + retain possession[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As soon as you go behind, UNCHECK retain possession and leave it unchecked until you take the lead.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are ahead at half-time and anticipate a tough second half, enable 'retain possession'. This can be done at any time during the second half to see out a game. The more likely the opposition are to score, the sooner you should do this. It's preferable to do so immediately at half-time when playing a strong opponent. [/FONT]

http://www.filedropper.com/585e84c9...orfm17172212bba44-5ddb-4967-8ad8-3c6d54db4fbf

Last edited:
unfortunately it is not working anymore. or should I say not so good as it was. Still decent results just not so great.

Unbelievable I had crazy good tactic for one day :)

maybe someone can tweek it.

I used this too - it was insanely good!! Pity 17.2 killed it

I hope more people will test it. Sometimes I have great results other don't. But maybe some small tweek could make difference.

I don't see for now. people on that other forum post still great results.

I´m using this tactic from first day of first season with Liverpool. In first season i won BPL by a landslide and then switched to update for the second season. In february of second season i´m currently sitting first in BPL (leading by 6 points), in finals of EFL Cup and still playing CL and FA Cup. I have lost only 3 times in all competitions this season ( against Stoke in Community shield on penalties and against Man City and Chelsea away 2:1 (which is understandable)
icon_smile.gif
). I dominated every game and playing some nice football but main thing that brought me success is definitely defence. I have brought in only two players in two summer transfer deadlines ( Lb Jorge from Flamengo and Dm Ronaldo Vieira from Leeds). I sold James Milner and Lucas Leiva. My first 11 is: Karius, Clyne, Matip, Sakho, Jorge, Emre Can, Henderson, Grujic, Markovic, Coutinho and Origi. I´m just trying to say that this tactic works if you follow OP. I will post my OI and some other relevant screenshots when i come home from work.

The thing is before update for me it worked with small clubs with bad players. Now it want. But as I said I will try it some more. I read many people are still very pleases with it.

if the tactic have any update please inform

this tactic is really great ;)