UKMACKIE

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while, while creating tactics. When starting at a team and you find your best 11 or what you believe is the perfect 11 for the team if you assign then there individual roles regardless of what your other team is doing do you think the tactic would be ineffective.

Ex.

Aaron Lennon - Assign to run with ball often, Run down the line

Then assign your left midfielder like Niko Kranjcar to do cut inside play the through ball and such would you team fall to pieces in terms of just not clicking with each other and just playing there own game.

try reading the tactical theroems and frameworks mate. some interesting insights. the biggest one for me being: pick a football ideology and a formatiom, then fit the players into it. dont try and find a formation that accomodates your best players, as its not necessarily the best option for the team as a whole.

http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/tactics-ebooks/tactical-theorems-10/#signupform

go to the bottom and enter your email. you will get sent a link to download a PDF document. its got some great advice on everything tactical. from basics right up to fine tuning. even tips on how to emulate famuous fromations/tactics from the past. eg ajax total football

Yes its the stupid game engine!
the game engine work very well mate, but you cant just throw a team together. like real life you have to analyse everything and come up with something balanced, i strongly suggest reading tactial theorems 10 its the football managers bible

the game engine work very well mate, but you cant just throw a team together. like real life you have to analyse everything and come up with something balanced, i strongly suggest reading tactial theorems 10 its the football managers bible

So 9/10 one on ones are hit at GK? Even with WC Players?

So 9/10 one on ones are hit at GK? Even with WC Players?

the amount of time ive been through this with newbies. sigh :O

the finishing stat is not the only attribute needed to score a goal. composure and technique are just as important. (which is why claude makelele was able to score one on ones for fun on my fm07 game, when he was at the peak of his powers with a composure stat of 20) then there are the hidden stats to consider, like big match player etc.

if a player is buckling under the pressure of a one on one often, he will most likely have a poor composure stat. but even if he doesnt and you find he misses lots of one-on-ones, use a control tactic to draw the opposition out of defence, be more patient with the ball, retaining possesion, passing the ball about and frustrating the opposition, eventually you will create a chance that requires an instinctive finish, rather than a 20 yard run onto a through ball resulting in a one on one, meaning a lot of time for the striker to think about (and then fluff) his shot. try time wasting so they take their time a bit more in a 1 on 1 situation.

the technique stat is also important for fully utilising a players finishing skill when in an awkward position, ie off balance, acute angle, under pressure from defender etc.

Also the match engine is not necessarily representing exactly whats going on. its a graphical reproduction based on the proceeses of a very large calculator. just becasue it looks like a clear cut chacne, it may not be. the defender could be hounding the forward more than it appears in the match engine for example

Last edited:
I find a striker pointless if his composure is garbage unless hes a Crouch size player where I just bang them onto his head.

I tried to fire some players together playing to there strengths turns out it doesn't work so I've put that one to bed and I'll try starting a serious save as my last few have just been to get a taste of different aspects of the games.

the amount of time ive been through this with newbies. sigh :O

the finishing stat is not the only attribute needed to score a goal. composure and technique are just as important. (which is why claude makelele was able to score one on ones for fun on my fm07 game, when he was at the peak of his powers with a composure stat of 20) then there are the hidden stats to consider, like big match player etc.

if a player is buckling under the pressure of a one on one often, he will most likely have a poor composure stat. but even if he doesnt and you find he misses lots of one-on-ones, use a control tactic to draw the opposition out of defence, be more patient with the ball, retaining possesion, passing the ball about and frustrating the opposition, eventually you will create a chance that requires an instinctive finish, rather than a 20 yard run onto a through ball resulting in a one on one, meaning a lot of time for the striker to think about (and then fluff) his shot. try time wasting so they take their time a bit more in a 1 on 1 situation.

the technique stat is also important for fully utilising a players finishing skill when in an awkward position, ie off balance, acute angle, under pressure from defender etc.

Also the match engine is not necessarily representing exactly whats going on. its a graphical reproduction based on the proceeses of a very large calculator. just becasue it looks like a clear cut chacne, it may not be. the defender could be hounding the forward more than it appears in the match engine for example

Im not a NOOB i been playin since the Amiga days, Just fed up of 20 misses a game by Top Strikers.

as have i. but u are a newbie to the forums. and this is the number one question/complaint that new forum members post. have you read the tactical theorems and frameworks as i advised UKMACKIE to do? the solution to all your frustration is located inside its hallowed pages :D

Yh but he usually a good finisher, I read the PDF alot of interesting stuff, Will put it to the test in game tomorrow. Thanx

well that is true that u should consider others attribute for striker.....
i`m playing with sheff utd and using d. handerson(target man) and ched evans(poacher/complete foward), well its work & there quit a good striker for me....
but my problem is i only get a small amount of clean sheet.......
i`m good at scoring & good at conceding goals....