Free Foreign Players

RLBishop

Reaction score
I've been playing FM on my PC for many years; however this is the first time I've played FM Handheld on my iphone.

Can someone please tell me the reason why, when I first start a game, that most of the foreign players in lower leagues are listed as 'free' but you cannot offer them a contract? Seems pointless to include these players if you cannot buy them!

I normally like to play as lower league English teams, and getting lower league foreign players in as a great cheap way to get talent.

You can buy them, you just have to offer a small amount of money for the player (generally 10k or so), so they are pretty cheap anyway.

FMH doesn't have pro/semi pro/amateur contracts, so everyone is considered to be on a pro deal, which is why you can't just offer them a contract if they are at a club with a contract longer than 6 months.

Cheers.

How do you offer a amount then? When I select a player (who is greyed out), the 'Make A Offer' option is greyed out.

Cheers.

How do you offer a amount then? When I select a player (who is greyed out), the 'Make A Offer' option is greyed out.
You can't sign greyed out players from other teams, although you can from your reserves. Basically, it's the same as FM, you can't buy greyed out players, but you can offer contracts to the ones from your reserves/youth team.

It's just so annoying that most of the foreign player from the lower leagues are greyed out. What's the point having them if you can play as that team or buy the players!!!!