Jimboola

Reaction score
Is there any point in freekicks?

Every game my Chelsea team have 3-5 freekicks given just outside the area. Almost everytime the ball i slamed into the crowd or goes helplessly into the arms of the keeper. The most I have had in a single game is 8, but it is always at least 3. And as I reach the end of my 3nd season I have scored a grand total of THREE goals from this. And I have a lot of very decent set piece takers.

I have tried lots of different 'configurations' for free kicks but....apart from the very rare kicks from further away it just results in the same old garbage.

Everyone finding the same? Is there any way to break this cycle?

Freekicks are pointless.........unless you have Hakan Calhanoglu

Indirect freekicks seem a bit awkward to me too. Mostly as the fk taker stands right near the ball, without stepping back, and takes it suddenly a bunch of my players are offside. Pretty much the half of the freekicks are wasted this way.

Also, there's a huge difference between direct free kicks and indirect free kicks - I don't actually want the same players taking them!

They mostly launch them into either the stand or the side netting.
And the indirect ones, for me, end up with an offside goal.
I honestly never see a point of them.

i dont even have a designated free kick taker since i sold Baines to Spurs. Now my team just takes turns between Barry and Gibson mostly, they have scored about 3 each in about 1 season and a quarter