Free Wonderkid for all teams - Marko Livaja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Marko Livaja

Just though I have to share this gem with you because it's too good not to and I felt selfish keeping it to myself.

I've been signing this player in ALL my saves, from Manchester City to Peterborough (not tried any League 2 Teams yet), since I found him. Even at the top teams they've said he was a great prospect and what's better is that as well as signing for League 1 Teams (and being a good first team player), he has very low contract demands, can be signed on a youth or full contract, is only 16 and is free!

There are only 2 drawbacks, which may seem big, but can easily be overcome. These problems being:
1 - He may not qualify for a work permit
2 - He has a global ban until the start of season 2

Problem 1 is easy to deal with. After signing him on numerous saves I encountered this problem on a newer save, but then I realised that on all the other saves I signed him, I had taken him on trial before, so this is simply overcome by offering him a 4 week trial (to be safe), and as soon as he accepts, offering him a proper contract. Even if that fails (which it never has for me), offer him a contract again and then I think that should sort it out.
(N.B. I have only managed English teams)

Now, Problem number 2 may seem big, but it's really not, as I say he is only 16, so don't let the global ban put you off. I actually find it a benefit as (because of it or not) no one else tries to sign him, so he's all yours, and even if it does bother you you could just keep on signing him on trials. Also, because he's only 16, when he signs for you he still has time to train with you and become a play 'trained in nation' (home-grown), or 'Trained at club', and you can even loan him out for experience and still have him become a 'trained at club' player, which is an issue for me with good youth players who need to stay in my reserves because I need club-grown players for European competitions, and it's not in vain as he has the potential to be plenty good enough for any European first-team.

Sorry if that's a bit long-winded, but just wanted to cover all the details so the comment spaces can be saved for thanks (;)), not questions.

Yeah he is a great striker but the problem with him he may never develop... on all my saves(I have managed only Croatian clubs, Livaja is a Croatian) he never develops, though he can be a terrific striker... IRL he has signed for Inter and will go on loan to Parma or Cesena...

Status
Not open for further replies.