SaintBantam

Reaction score
I was just playing FM normally, when suddenly, my entire laptop freezes. I had to turn it off using the power button.
I started it again and started FM again but when I pressed "load last game" a message popped up saying: "cannot load game" (or something along those lines) and the screen did that stretchy thing that you get when you get "access array out of bounds".
Anyway, I changed to windowed and back again to get rid of that and loaded up an autosave back-up of my game. After about 5 minutes playing it froze again!

This entire thing happened to me about 5 times in a row, even when I tried loading an auto-save straight away instead of the save that gave my the stretchy screen.

Anybody know what's happening? :(

PS. Just tried to open FM again and I got an error message saying: "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of database-location.xml".

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Anyone? :(

Last edited:
Try deleting the settings folder. Once done, restart the pc/laptop, then try launching the game again

Last edited:
Windows XP:
My Computer -> Local Disk (C:) -> Documents and Settings -> <username> -> Application Data ->
Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2011 -> Settings
- Windows Vista / Windows 7:
Computer -> Local Disk (C:) -> Users -> <username> -> AppData -> Roaming -> Sports Interactive
-> Football Manager 2011 -> Settings
Please note saved progress may be lost.
Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.
If you are unable to locate the folders please ensure that hidden folders are enabled as detailed
below:
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Select Folder Options*
- Select View​
- Select Show Hidden files and folders

I have un-installed and am now re-installing the game (and I've kept all my saves). I will see how it does afterwards and if it still freezes I'll try what you said. Thanks! :)

I have un-installed and am now re-installing the game (and I've kept all my saves). I will see how it does afterwards and if it still freezes I'll try what you said. Thanks! :)

Don't forget, you'll need to re-update your game to the version your saves were saved on.

Don't forget, you'll need to re-update your game to the version your saves were saved on.

Yeah, thanks. :)

I've got steam so it should do it automatically. :D

---------- Post added 12/04/2011 at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 11/04/2011 at 11:23 PM ----------

My laptop just froze in the same way without FM being loaded. I think and hope that it was just overheated as it is a very hot day and it has been on all day.