mickiac

Reaction score
Just like to clarify, I'm going to post the first couple of seasons very quickly as I'm now on my third season. Hope people will follow this.

Season One

30/6/16

It's been a full season since my appointment and I thought I would let everyone knows what goes through the head of a 20 year old man taking on one of the biggest jobs in English football - West Ham United. Some might laugh to think that this is a difficult job, but here's why I think it is. First, I am a huge West Ham fan and I was overjoyed when our old manager Sam Allardyce was shown the door at the end of last season. The appointment of Slaven Bilic was a controversial one, but his signings were great: Payet, Obiang, Ogbonna etc. He set the foundation work before unfortunately, having to leave the role after his wife became unwell.

So this leads to my story. I was one of the last people to be brought in by Slaven and the job was a bit of a fluke if I'm honest. My previous managing experience was bringing a bunch of terrible misfits from the worst team in their u16's league, to champions in 18 months. Slaven was desperate for an under 18's manager to fill the vacant role and despite my lack of experience, he liked my interview. I weaselled my way into a cushy job and was now rubbing shoulders with some of my favourite players. Next thing I was told I was leaving my post as youth manager. Little did I know what had happened with Slav and why I no longer had my job.

Gold and Sullivan called me into their office and explained the situation. Reserve manager Steve Potts was currently off sick and Assistant Manager Nikola Jurecevic was currently with Slaven's family. The club had their hands tied with who could take control of the team on an interim basis. They told me that as long as I was willing to stay on the same wage I was already on (£500 a week) they would happily put me in charge while they looked for another manager - and the media went mad.

I'm now reaching my 21st birthday and I still get questions about my age and constant jokes about being unable to control the squad because they are all older than me. Well, you can judge for yourselves. This is the story of my first year in management...

31/6/2016

Transfers are always something that matters for managers, but for us to sign, we had to sell. Those who departed in the summer on fees were Mauro Zarate, Luka Belic and Oscar Borg. The only players to come in were Viktoria Plzen's Daniel Kolar, an attacking centre midfielder, and young Argentinian striker Jonathan Calleri from Boca for a combined amount of 6.5m

So games got under way and we got through the first couple of rounds in the Europa League fairly easily. Ferencvaros were our first victims with an away goals victory with our young team out. Then we thumped Kairat 10-0 on aggregate. The third round was strange. We battered Vitesse 7-0 at home and with the league starting just days after the second leg, I decided to play a weak side in the second leg. We lost 7-0 in normal time before they scored in extra time to make it 8-0. After all hope seemed lost, Jamal Hector-Ingram scored a 118th minute goal to put us through on away goals - you literally couldn't make this up. In our last knockout round before the group stages, hearts were broken when Alkmaar defeated us on away goals. It was a tough way to go out, but it allowed us to focus on the season.

The league didn't start well either. In our first six matches we picked up three points after three draws against Liverpool, Leicester and Watford. We would also lose to Aston Villa in the League Cup, making my place at the club seem perilous despite no manager agreeing terms with the club to date. Finally the poor form ended at the start of October where we won 1-0 against Man Utd to kickstart our league campaign.

This started a great run of 9 matches without losing: Sunderland (Draw), Everton, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Stoke, Swansea (Wins), Crystal Palace, Man City (Draws), Newcastle (Win). Results were then mixed at the start of the year where we continued to strengthen the team. Jose Gimenez was brought in from Atletico on loan along with young Che Nunnely from Ajax and Marcelo Meli joining Calleri from Boca. Here's a full look at the transfers.

View attachment 176920

The league form dropped massively in April and May causing us to finish in a very average 12th. Here was the final table.
View attachment 176919

Here's the results
View attachment 176918

View attachment 176917
View attachment 176916