Friedel declared bankrupt

More rumours regarding Lerner. Apparently it's possible he'll buy the whole business from Brad, give him a small loan to tide him over, and use the business as a non-profit organisation in the states which would also promote Villa.

If this happens... Randy, what a guy you are.

Well that's wonderful news, if it's true!

He's a great player, and I really want Lerner to support him, cause it's a bit unfair being done for training up up and coming youngsters through the American ranks.

Hope he gets through alright :S

What a guy Friedel is and Randy if its true.

Nice (probably not the best word to use :S) to see a footballer in dept for a good reason for once rather than gambling away all his money.

Wow you try to help people out and you all you get is a bankruptcy notice... Ouch.

As GodCubed said I'm sure the owner will help him out, player like him don't deserve to go bankrupt.

I feel a bit of a ***** at the moment because when I read the title (and assuming it was true) I was thinking 'What ***** could get declared bankrupt on a Footballer's wages, he's clearly wanking his money away on unnecessary luxuries'.

I'm glad that I was proven wrong, it's a noble thing he has tried to do but sometimes you've just got to look out for yourself.

Such a shame to see that when a footballer tries to help out people who are less fortunate than them, this happens. Hopefully Villa players will help him in his time of need and Houllier should extend his contract by a month or two to help him pay off his debts.

he tries to be a nice guy and this is what he gets in return.
hope it all turns out alright

I might ask General Krulak (Non-exec director of Villa, former General in the US army and general all-round nice guy who has been assigned to act as a link between club and fans: he posts on the VillaTalk forums and we can ask him any kind of question, which I think is great) if Lerner's considering anything or if it's just rumours.

I think the Villa squad should all take a paycut for 1 week, and give it to Friedel, if he spent the money on Booze and girls etc, then fair enough it's his own fault, but by boosting the football development in USA comes at a cost :/