deanc123

Reaction score
Why does the game insist on giving you the most unrealistic friendlies!! Whenever I start a game for example with Bayern Munich it will set me up with games against Barnet and Shrewsbury and then some other foreign unknown teams. Do you play your friendlies no matter who they are against or do you cancel them and arrange new ones?

I put them in myself. Don't want to play to 7th league clubs or whatever. Normally i put on two friendlies vs my reserves from the first available date. Then every 3 days a big club to get more revenue. I tend to build up the opposition based on their status each game so i end up with the top clubs of the world before kicking off in the league.

Still looking for an option where my assistant will only set friendlies for my reserves and my under 18. I also have to do them myself with the option off to let him arrange friendlies for my 1st squad. But ok, 2 minutes work is not that bad to set that up myself as well

Last edited:
I put them in myself. Don't want to play to 7th league clubs or whatever. Normally i put on two friendlies vs my reserves from the first available date. Then every 3 days a big club to get more revenue. I tend to build up the opposition based on their status each game so i end up with the top clubs of the world before kicking off in the league.

Still looking for an option where my assistant will only set friendlies for my reserves and my under 18. I also have to do them myself with the option off to let him arrange friendlies for my 1st squad. But ok, 2 minutes work is not that bad to set that up myself as well

That sounds pretty good. Can you take a screenshot of your pre season fixtures so I can understand it better?

Whilst this topic is here.. Is there an easier way to set up a friendly with a bigger club instead of trawling through all of them and proposing to them, then for them to refuse..?

That sounds pretty good. Can you take a screenshot of your pre season fixtures so I can understand it better?

This is what i meant, take 2 things into account....Gillingham is my save a very big club now. The other thing, i didn't really build up friendlies with in the end the biggest opponent this season. I now just took some random big teams in any order. What i meant earlier and normally do is that you can do matches vs your reserves, then let's say Sunderland --> Aston Villa --> Manchester United (just an example). So when your team improves into the season you take on a bigger club each friendly.

5070921.jpg

Whilst this topic is here.. Is there an easier way to set up a friendly with a bigger club instead of trawling through all of them and proposing to them, then for them to refuse..?

In the following screen i always select my friendlies. Can't show you big teams now because i'm halfway season. So non is available. Pre-season you can use this option and you will see like 5 more subcategories with big clubs in your nation, big clubs abroad, small clubs from your nation and so on. I think it will only show you the ones that are available THAT day, meaning they accept it 100 out of 100 times

5070931.jpg

wow u certainly plays alot of friendly games.. i would usually go for 3-4 games max lol...

At the moment my stadium has 12,525 seats. So the more i play friendlies the more cash i get. And i have a big squad so all of them get time to play (i let my assistant take care of the friendlies, i only do the scheduling).

This also works good for me to sell some players. If they get good stats in the friendlies more clubs will be interested it seems.