From Australia, to Europe, to Glory - Story of an Australian football manager

ajdedinamo

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]From Australia, to Europe, to Glory - Story of an Australian football manager[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hay guys. This story I started a few months ago but decided to stop due to lack of time. So I've decided to start again and change the story a bit. Please follow and comment as I go along.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am to start in the Hyundai A-League and work my way from there, hopefully reaching a big club in Europe and winning the Champions League and also winning the world cup. As you may be thinking, this is definitely going to keep me occupied.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Introduction[/FONT]

View attachment 114805
[FONT=&quot](Denis Cutura scoring the winning goal against Marconi in the NSW Premier League Final)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kristian is of European heritage. Born in Croatia and living most of his life in Sydney, Australia, he is still able to keep his ethnicity. That's the wonderful thing about Australia, it is a very multicultural and diverse land. Although Europeans did indeed colonise Australia football has been shut out of perspective. Kristian remembers going to Sydney United matches at the age of six and watching amongst the thousands of other supporters, the greatness of the old NSL. After the NSL's collapse, football in Australia was merely a paragraph in the back of the local newspaper. At the age of only twenty two Kristian was offered to manage the Sydney United NSW premier league squad. This was due to his successions managing the division one Sydney Juniors squads and winning each cup and comp that lay in front of him. He then went on to win the next three NSW Premierships with the senior Sydney United squad. Our story begins with Kristian waking up to a phone call after all night partying with the other boys from the Sydney United squad. [/FONT]

May 2010 - Wakeup Call
[FONT=&quot]The right side of his head hurt. The constant ringing of his phone on the bedside table made it no better. He decided to leave it alone at first but after the fifth time, he had, had enough. "Hello" He said in a very deep dreamy voice. "Yes hello Mr Steko?" The person on the other line asked. "Speaking." Telemarketers, on mobile phones now? "Yes this Scott Barlow chairman of Sydney FC. I've got a job offer for you Mr Steko and I wish to talk to you about it in person. How about.. Today at the Blackbird hotel at four PM?" Slow down honey. I only just met you... Sydney FC? A job offer? For me? "Yeah sure thing I'll be there" Kristian Replied. "Excellent. I'll see you there" Click![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Blackbird hotel is located in darling harbour near the Imax theatre. Kristian had managed to finally get up and head down to the joint so that he wouldn't be late. On the train he began to wonder what the offer would be. What would Sydney FC, Australia's A-League champions want anything to do with a NSW Premier League manager? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Ok Kristian, let's cut to the chase. After winning the A-League last season Lavicka has decided to step down as manager and move on to some Czech team. We have been monitoring your progress throughout the NSW premier league for some time and you have some great success with Sydney United. Because of your success we would like to offer you the job of manager of Sydney FC." Scott then stopped to wait for a reaction from Kristian. He didn't get one. Kristian's face and body was as calm, relaxed and as natural as ever. But there was a different story to what was going through his mind. I just got offered a job to the greatest football club in Australia. Why am I hesitating? Instead of leaping in the air for joy all Kristian said was "Show me the paperwork"[/FONT]

June 2010 - Pre-season

[FONT=&quot]Simon: "Alright boys, it's now time to move on to the A-League and as of yesterday, Bozza, Sydney FC appointed a new Manager. Kristian Steko, Ever heard of him." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark Bosnich: "No Simon, never"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Simon Hill: "Well from what I see here he managed your old squad Sydney United and won three premierships in a row. That's some record don't you think Slats?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Robbie Slater: "Ok. The guys a Liverpool supporter I'll give him that much. But there is a huge step up from the New South Wales Premier League to the A-League. A HUGE ONE."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark Bosnich: "And let me say, Simon, that a man of that age, managing a squad of many different age groups and egos will not go far. I say good luck to lad, but I also say get out of there now before your fans, your players and your board crucify you. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Simon Hill: "Do we want to have a stab on how long he is going to last at Sydney?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Robbie Slater: "Six months"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark Bosnich: "Under two"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Simon Hill: "And I'm going to be nice to the lad and say the whole season. After the break we will talk about the new boys in town. The Melbourne Heart, stay tuned.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kristian had a final meeting with the board before heading off to the training ground once more. They discussed his role in the club and their expectations. They said that the minimum the board wanted was to win the Hyundai A-League this season. His assistant Michael Zach explained to him the situation amongst the players being very speculative. Although he had been at the club for three weeks, the players were still unsure of what to think of Kristian. The squad was a fairly young one with many great prospects, which was good for the A-League. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After the training session was his first media appearance. Nick McDonald from Four Four two was their along with Antony Russle from SBS. There were also a few other newspapers like the Daily Telegraph.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"So Kristian. You stand here as manager of Sydney FC. Is this your dream job?" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Yes. This is truly a dream come true for me."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Being a young unknown manager from the NSWPL how do you think you will fair against the big boys of the A-League?" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hay. Watch it buddy. "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I will do my best to satisfy the needs of the club."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"How do you intend to handle your players?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"The way I discipline my players is up to me and I do not wish to disclose such information at this time." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"What is your overall tactical approach to the game?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"The Cove come here to see goals and to be entertained. This is what I will promise to the fans." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"How will you involve yourself in the club?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Very heavily. In all departments."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The rest of the questions were mostly directed at the other members of board and the chairman. It didn't take a wiz to figure out that what they were really asking. "Where on Earth did you pick this kid up from?" and "Do you want to end up dead last in the A-League?" . Although this was only his first press conference, he hates the media already. Kristian didn't dwell on it for too long though. The first task at hand was to prepare for the friendly against Chinese giants, Shenghai Shenhua. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Lookin brilliant, just like the last one you did. Will follow :wub:

a lot of effort has gone into this, and it looks great so good luck man and i will love to follow this hahah x

I like this so far:) can u tell me how to add pictures because I can't seem to?

I like this so far:) can u tell me how to add pictures because I can't seem to?

Step 1
You need to create a screenshot folder you can do this by going to Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 and then create a new folder called screenshots.

Step 2
When you are on the game and you are on the screen you want to take a screenshot of press ALT + F9 and then that will take the screenshot and that will now be in your screenshot folder

Step 3 Uploading the screenshot onto FM-Base
When you are posting you will see a paper clip icon.? All you do is click that icon and then click Choose then you will need to find the screenshot and that is in the folder you have just created so go to that folder and double click on the image you can upload 6 images at a time but if you do decide to upload more it will take longer to upload so you have decided how many you want to upload press Upload it will now say Uploading File(s) - Please Wait the upload will be complete once that has gone then all you have to do is post and the screenshots will appear on your post

BTW - If you don't want to go to Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 all the time if you right click in the screenshot folder and select create shortcut you will get a new file which you can place anywhere you want and they will also appear in there when you press ALT + F9