From Australia, to Europe, to Glory - Story of an Australian Football Manager

ajdedinamo

Reaction score
Alright guys. I believe this will be my 2nd attempt at this same story. I would like to appologise to everyone at fmbase and you probably are thinking "Ah here we go again, Kristian will make 1 or 2 posts then forget about it" I can assure you, it will not happen again. I had recieved heaps of great feedback on my last atempt of creating this annoyingly difficult story. But I have now realized the end result will be worth the trouble. So ladies and gentlmen I give you "From Australia, to Europe, to Glory - Story of an Australian Football Manager" (attempt number two)

A Little Background

It didn't take the Croatian born Kristian Steko to make an impact on park football in the western suburbs of Sydney. At only the age of 14 he was the assistant coach, (or as he liked to call himself "Coach In Training") Of the fist division Under 9's Sydney Juniors squad. The coach at the time, Tiho said that.

"Kristian was a great help. To my surprise his tactical knowledge of the game at such a young age was far beyond my comprehension. He knew how to keep the boys happy and managed to teach them many technical aspects of the game. For the kids it was just go out there and have fun, but for Kristian it was something else"

After years of success at the junior level, Kristian was called up to coach the under 16's youth squad at only the age of 18. It seemed that every year he got better and better. The Sydney United bored recognised this and after, yet again many more years of success he was called up to coach the First Grade Sydney United squad at the age of 22.

This story begins at the end of his third season with Sydney United after winning his third

Last edited: