From Contenders to Winners: A Borussia Dortmund Story

savan21

Reaction score
First of all apologies! I started 2 threads recently for Pass the Parcel for Dortmund but none of them kicked off! So I'll be starting a Solo save.. Now onto the story!

Dortmund History

Dortmund has a rather modest history compared to their current rivals Bayern. Dortmund nearly went bankrupt in 2005 but were saved by Bayern Munich at that time. Jurgenn Klopp whom i will be replacing is a Fan Favorite and Dortmund Legend. He rallied the club from mediocrity to 2 League Titles and German Cup.

View attachment 352411
View attachment 352409

Trophy Cabinet

View attachment 352408
View attachment 352406

As you can see, it is quite small compared to Bayern's and we are going to overhaul it!

First of all apologies! I started 2 threads recently for Pass the Parcel for Dortmund but none of them kicked off! So I'll be starting a Solo save.. Now onto the story!

Dortmund History

Dortmund has a rather modest history compared to their current rivals Bayern. Dortmund nearly went bankrupt in 2005 but were saved by Bayern Munich at that time. Jurgenn Klopp whom i will be replacing is a Fan Favorite and Dortmund Legend. He rallied the club from mediocrity to 2 League Titles and German Cup.

View attachment 652479
View attachment 652483

Trophy Cabinet

View attachment 652485
View attachment 652488

As you can see, it is quite small compared to Bayern's and we are going to overhaul it!

Will be following!

The Club & The Facilities

View attachment 352403

As you can see, Dortmund is a fairly old Club but we have't won things corresponding to our time in the German League. I am hoping to correct that! Schalke and Bayern are our main rivals while Leverkusen may prove to be a hindrance in the league!

View attachment 352400

Dortmund have good facilities but they aren't world class and I will be looking to correct that! On the Upside we have one of the biggest stadiums in the world and are blessed with huge attendance which is very helpful.

View attachment 352399

I want to wipe out the loan and makes us the richest clubs in the world. Germany Here I Come!​

Who Am I?

Savan Shah

Dortmund announce new Coach, after Klopp resignation. Jurgen Klopp in an emotional Press Conference announced he is taking a sabbatical following a Throat Cancer. The Football world who lost Tito from this disease is firmly behind Klopp and wish him a quick recovery.

According to sources it was Klopp who suggested the club hire a new coach lest his treatment take a longer while. For Dortmund fans it is a hard pill to swallow as they have now lost Gotze, Lewandowski and Klopp in quick succession and the only question in people's mind is just who is Savan Shah, the new Dortmund Coach?

History

Born in a modest Indian family, Shah was brought up in Argentina and Brazil following his Dad's world tour in search of jobs. Shah grew up around football and has followed it since 4 years of age, following local teams and watching matches on Television. Shah is known to be a brilliant footballing brain even though he has never played the game. He coached the local lads, giving technical inputs at the age of 15! Seeing his prowess, Shah started training under Marcelo Biesla at the age of 18, before following coaches like Louis Van Gaal and shadowing Del Bosque for few years. Shah came in contact with Klopp 2 years back and they immediately formed a formidable bond as Shah worked behind the scenes at Dortmund. A trusted friend of Klopp, Shah will be looking to continue the Klopp revolution.

Having spent most of his time in shadows, no one knows how Shah will be personality wise though it is a guarantee that he will show his tactical nous on the pitch and show us some exciting football!

The Man at the Center
View attachment 352392

The Gaffers' Presser

Q. How do you feel sitting as Manager of Dortmund?

A. Its an honor taking over from Jurgen. I am looking to hit the ground running and make us a dominant force in Europe.

Q. You sound quiet confident for someone so young and inexperienced?
A. Everyone starts inexperienced. And i have amassed quite experience from Legends so forgive me, but i feel quiet well prepared.

Q. Have you talked to the players, Staff? What Changes do you think are needed?

A. Yes I have. They are sad but raring to go. I will evaluate the players and staff over the next few days and make changes if needed.

Q. Should the staff fear for their positions?

A. Not if they are ready to work hard and follow what I say.

Q. What are your plans for the Transfer Market?

A. A Secret for everyone other that the parties involved! (Smirks)

Q. You sound quite arrogant?

A. That's not a question! But yes I am and that will be all! I will contact you further if i have things to say!

Team Analysis

View attachment 350393

Goalkeepers – Needs an Upgrade (Not Immediate)

R. Weidenfeller

View attachment 350390

First Choice Goalkeeper, the German veteran has held the post in the middle for a long time and will continue doing so for this season at the very least. Will tutor any new replacements and hopefully he will retire at the club.

M. Langerak

View attachment 350388

The Aussie is a good back-up goalkeeper but not amazing. Will be sold when able/better replacement is found.

Central Defenders – Strong Position but injury prone

M. Hummels

View attachment 350387

Unarguable he is one of the best at his job, if only he could be less injured. Still 25 and his peak ahead of him, he will be a key part of my team.

M. Ginter

View attachment 350386

An more than able deputy for Hummels, he will be my third choice center back while also providing an useful cover ath DM and CM. He has a huge upside and along with Hummels will be a Key Player.

N. Subotic

View attachment 350385

Massively under rated defender, but also injury prone. When fit he and Hummels will form my first choice. They are my Vidic and Ferdinand.

S. Papastathopoulous

View attachment 350384

Not World Class, but more than capable of holding his fort and he displayed last season. He will stay until he can serve no purpose. Will be offloaded in a season or two.

Full Backs (Needs deputy on right hand side)

M. Schmelzer

View attachment 350382

Once a first choice for German National Team, injury has robbed him off his place in the setup. A hard worker with good pace, he can be the best left-back in Germany.

E. Durm

View attachment 350381

The versatile player will be an able deputy at various positions and will be used as rotation player to the injury prone Schmeltzer. Still relatively young and able to play all position on either side, he is my first choice back-up at either flanks.

L. Pizcek

View attachment 350383

Another player who has been hit by injuries recently. At his best he can compete with the best in the business. Pizcek and Kuba, I expect them to rule the right hand side in the league.

Defensive-Midfielders (Needs Investment)

O.Kirch

View attachment 350366

Old and aging, he will be used as a utility player and let go at the end of the season.

S.Kehl

View attachment 350363

The ex-captain has lost his pace and strength but still remains a useful back-up. If he reduces his wages about 50 % he will stay at the club otherwise he will be released.

S.Bender

View attachment 350361

Hard, fast and aggressive. He has brilliant stats and ability to play as a Holding Midfielder. His prone ness to throw himself in unneeded tackles has made him injury prone, but with discipline he will soon eclipse his Chelsea bound Brother.

Central-Midfielders (Quality Position – Depth can be increased)

N. Sahin

View attachment 350359

He has returned after a failed move to Madrid, and the son of Iduna Park is a welcome addition. Brilliant at dictating the tempo and playing long passes, he will rule the roster from the back. If he can add speed to his game, he will be one of the best Box to Box Midfielder.

M. Jojic

View attachment 350355

The youngster with bags of potential will have to contend with a back-up role for a season or two. He will be a backup in attacking mid rather than defensive. He can be a brilliant Shadow Striker with his good tackling and marking skills.

I. Gundogan

View attachment 350353
Players can fade and how fast. Gem of German Midfield, coveted by the world now on one is talking about him. He will be given time to gain his fitness. He is the holder, destroyer and creator in one. Best of all midfielders.

Wingers/Attacking Midfielders (Well stocked)

M. Reus

View attachment 350351

He was a coup when he was signed and I hope he remains true to his loyalty to the club. The boyhood Dortmund fan has exploded onto the World Football and is coveted by every top team. Brilliant at left, center and up top. He is my team’s new go to man.

Kuba

View attachment 350349

He has got pace and a strong foot and brilliant crossing ability. The polish destroyer has a brilliant work-rate. If he can work along with Piszczek, left hands will have to run back home.

K. Grokreutz

View attachment 350346

Dortmunds utility guy. He can play almost anywhere and plays good at every position. Main Back-up to Reus and Piszczek.

P. Aubmeyang

View attachment 350344

He is blessed with explosive pace. With improved finishing he will be my first choice forward. I plan to use him as a Right Hand Inside forward.

J. Hoffman

View attachment 350342

The youngster will mostly be shipped out due to being crowded out. He is my eventual replacement for Kuba as he is already slowing down. A season with First Hand league experience will be best for him.

H. Mkhtiaryan

View attachment 350340

The Armenian has deceived to impress so far but has enjoyed moments of brilliance. As the lone natural hole player, he will be tasked to run things and tick things along. Can he finally show his talent to the world?

Strikers (Needs a leader)

C. Immobile

View attachment 350339

A lesser quality Lewandowski, Immobile has raw potential. He can run, create and score. With age on his side, the young Italian can make himself first choice.

Ji Dong-Won

View attachment 350338

Free transfer from Augsburg will be given a chance to impress. If he doesn’t he will be sold.

A. Ramos

View attachment 350337

His strength makes him the perfect foil for a running and dribbling Dortmund attack line. He can hold the ball and lay them off for his team-mates. Can he turn up for the big club though?

Pre-Season and Super-Cup

Super-Cup

View attachment 350010

Our first shot at Bayern and a trophy! Our line-up was good with Immobile making his debut while his predecessor lined up for Bayern

We started off well with quick one touch passed between Sahin and Mkhtiaryan. Reus looked a bit off but our midfield was doing well. Playing at our home, we looked fearless when Hummels gave us the lead off a corner. But that was when things started going down. We were scrappy and looked lackluster and Bayern made us pay.

While we held onto lead until the first half, two goals in the first 15 minutes of the second half had us doomed. Bayern were happy ball-keeping. Reus wasn't running, Sahin was finding everything except dortmund players and other than a burst in the last minutes of the game we went down spiralling.

Bayern 2 - Dortmund 1

Pre-Season

View attachment 350009

Not bad but not brilliant either. The players are still getting used to my formation. Kuba has impressed me. He is ready to sweat it out while Gundogan has not impressed so much. Moreover he is wailing for 100,000 a week which i refused. Let's see how he gets on.

Other

View attachment 350008
View attachment 350007

August/September

View attachment 349530
A decent start but we could have done better in the games against Hannover and Gladbach. Reus, Immobile and Kuba all have combined well so far. Aubmeyang has also been good while in the defense Hummels and Ginter have formed a solid partnership. The most important thing was that i gave Reus a new bumper contract which eliminated the Release Clause. He has seemed to step up his game afterwards.

League Table

View attachment 349529
Bayern lie at the top while we lie at third a point off the top. We have done well so far losing none but we will have to step up in order to stop the Bayern Machine. Leverkusen have shocked everyone by winning none after 7 games and lie at the bottom. While i feel sorry for them i might snap up a player or two from them if this continues.

Champions League

View attachment 349523
We can't seem to catch a break eh? It will be tough to get out of this group but we will look to topple them nonetheless. Because if we want to win it, we will have to face them sooner or later.

Transfer Market

View attachment 349518

Only two major signings in the shape of Balanta and Fer. Balanta will join us next season after going back to River on loan. Zivkovic will join along with him. Pugilese has been signed for the second team and will slowly be integrated in the first team as Kirch and Kehl will be leaving. Fer is back up to Bender.

Im following mate looking for idea's from your story to help make mine better " Italian for Domination"

Keep going mate, I'll keep following.
Good challenge you have there. Bayern is definetely the best team in Germany but I believe you can take that throne.

Due to hectic overwork due to me being in my last year of internship, I will be posting bi-annual updates. Please bear with me. Will try to get the updates up ASAP.

Mid-Season Update

Bundesliga

View attachment 346949

The performances have been very good. We have been unbeaten so far in the Bundesliga but we have drawn too many games especially against the smaller teams. The defense has been good and tight bu we have kept less clean sheets then expected while the goals have not exactly flowed. That said I am very happy with our season so far, being unbeaten half way. Can we find the gear to stop the Munich Machine though?

View attachment 346948

Only one point off the top of Bayern with highest goal scored. The goals though as i have mentioned have been often labored or individual highlights. We need to change that and stop giving away goals and they we may be talking about bringing the trophy home this season! Bayern have been ruthless and stingy so far but they has slipped an odd match or two allowing us to maintain pressure.

​Stats

View attachment 346944

German Cup

View attachment 346947
Simple and Pretty. The win against Leverkusen would have been considered great but they have been simply horrific this season. We have an easy next round and Final is a minimum for me. Winning the Cup is a realistic task and I hope to make it happen.

Champions League

View attachment 346946

This is where it gets interesting! It was a tough group and I am delighted to go through that too on just Goal Difference. One thing that has confused me is how we are second despite a superior Goal Difference to Barcelona. The knockout round is owed to Autria Wien who simply bowed down to us in the penultimate fixture allowing us to sneak through on GD.

I feel Arsenal is a beatable team and Quarters is a target. Then it will be Game-by-Game basis.

Player of the Season (So Far)

Marco Reus

View attachment 346945

He has been phenomenal since signing a new contract. He has been scoring, assisting and running his *** off. I am thinking of making him Captain next season. Brilliant by the German Winger.

Honorable Mentions: Kuba, Schmelzer, Ginter & Immobile