From Crete to conquer the world (Greek Second Division)

strabull

Reaction score
Good evening,this is my first attempt to post here my story.Sorry for my bad english but i ll try..
I choose a second division team from greece,named Ergotelis.At past they play at first division for many years but last years they dropped.
Too much talent for the category with 25 average age.Lets start.

From Crete to conquer the world

The Gymnastics Club «Ergotelis» Heraklion Crete (Greek: Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος «O Εργοτέλης» Ηρακλείου Κρήτης, Γ.Σ. Εργοτέλης), also known simply as Ergotelis is a Greek multi sport club based in Heraklion, Crete. The name of the club was inspired by that of the famous ancient Cretan expatriate Olympic runner Ergoteles of Himera. Officially founded in 1929, Ergotelis' colours are yellow and black. The club runs multiple football and basketball departments for both men and women playing in both regional and domestic competitions.

Ergotelis_(2014)_logo.png

Home of Ergotelis is the Pankritio a multi-purpose sports stadium located in Heraklion on the island of Crete. It was completed on 31 December 2003, and officially opened on August 11, 2004. As one of the most modern sports venues in Greece at the time, it was used as one of the football venues to host matches of the 2004 Summer Olympics Football tournament. It has a capacity of 26,240 seats, and is currently the home ground of Heraklion football club Ergotelis, and on occasion, the Greece national football team.

800px-PankritioStadium2019.jpg

*the text is from wiki.

Thats for the start,later we begin our journey to make ergotelis great again.

Part1

The story begin.First of all our club's infos.

inf.jpg
inf2.jpg

Our team has banned for financial problems ,so we cant sign players over 23 and of cvourse our transfer badjet is 0 $.Although we sign 3 players for our squad depth.
As i say at last post the team is full of talent,so we dont need too many new signigns.+We loan our youth players at lower teams to play more matches

trans.jpg

serv.jpg
garmen.jpg
denof.jpg

Our squad as i say is full of talent and most of our youngsters play for fun to Greek First Division.so we renewing their contracts and go.
roster.jpg

I decide to play a 4-2-3-1 system with two Inside Forwards who cuts inside and an Att Mid who makes our attacking plays.Our midfielders one is box to box and the other is a deep lying playmaker who comes back to take the ball from the def.Our full backs also helps at attck movement with offensive runnings and overlap moves.
tac.jpg

And now time for action.I decide to play easy friendly match with exception 2-3 ,for the reason we need to learn each other and find good form.At pre season i pay attention to endurance and power cause the second division of greece is hard league with many ''butchers''.The image i take from friendlies is the better possible.Good and easy wins

filika.jpg

Now we are ready for the start of the season..We begin with a cup match against a lower division league and after that the league begin...

Thats for now

Part 2

And the season begin.First match for the Greek Cup..The team is ready for war this season and the locker room has angry mood.

vs Apollon Smyrnis (Greek Cup 4th Round)
1.jpg

And now time fore the real action.The league is starting and we are very ambitious for this year.

vs Apollon Larisas (Greek Superleague 2 GAMEDAY1)

2.jpg

vs Levadeiakos (Greek Superleague 2 GAMEDAY2)
3.jpg

vs Chania (Greek superleague 2 GAMEDAY3)

7.jpg

Our first loss this year was against one of our rivals,one other team of Crete,Chania.We pay our lot missed chances and Chania was more accurated.Btw we continue,without our heads drop.The season is long yet.

vs Doxa Dramas(Greek Superleague 2 GAMEDAY4)
4.jpg

vs Panachaiki (Greek Superleague 2 GAMEDAY5)

5.jpg

Our first difficult match against one of the teams who hunters the promotion.Good team,but our side not kidding.

vs Trikala (Greek Cup 5th Round First Leg)

6.jpg

In conclusio the first month in charge at Ergotelis gone very well,We play good footbal with many shots pes game and too many goals.But we have a great opposition team who have the 5/5 ,so we are at 2nd place.To early to say anything but from those match I m delighted

bth.jpg

PART 3

In continue to our recent good form,our team stand very well for now.

vs Apollon Larissas (Greek Superleague 2 GAMEDAY 6)

apoll.jpg

vs Kerkyra (Greek Superleague 2 GAMEDAY 7)

kekr.jpg

vs Apollon Pontou (Greek Superleague 2 GAMEDAY 8)

pont.jpg

vs Platanias (Greek Superleague 2 GAMEDAY 9)(local derby)

plat.jpg

vs Karaiskakis Artas (Greek Superleague 2 GAMEDAY 10)

karaisk.jpg

vs Trikala (Greek Cup 5th Round Second Leg)

trika.jpg

That lost not hurts and we are at the next phase against Levadeiakos,easy draw but we need focus.Our team can make a good run at Greek Cup

klirosi.jpg

Our side continues this incredible form,except the lose at cup game after big rotation.Despite our loss,the image of other gamees was fantastic that throws Ergotelis at first place after 10 matches.Not bad.

SUPERLEAGUE 2 STANDINGS

table.jpg

Our players with their form stands at top of all stats,and tha sounds good.

stats.jpg