xDannyW

Reaction score
Danny Wright - A Brief Summary For The Last 2 Seasons

Danny Wright has spent two seasons now at FC Kobenhavn in Denmark. I found the first season a struggle, losing the title to AaB on the final day of the season on goal difference. After exiting the Europa League in unconvincing fashion and being knocked of the Danish Cup by AC Horsens in extra time. The fans wanted his head, a team that had so much potential to succeed miserably failing under the first term of English manager, Danny Wright. However the Nigeria FA were searching for a new manager after the sacking of the previous one due to a poor African Nations performance. Wright took up the job, yet made it very clear that his term would only manage them through the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. There was little expectation of them, finishing 3rd in a group containing Holland, Denmark and Costa Rica was a minimum expectation, yet Wright proved the doubters when he took Nigeria to the top of Group D, with a world-beating 1-0 win over Holland and a very convincing 4-0 win over Costa Rica. Denmark, however, managed to defeat the African side 3-1, yet Nigeria managed to cling on to top spot in the group. The second round set them up against African giants, the Ivory Coast. Which defeated Nigeria in a penalty shoot out after a goalless 140 minutes. After the game Wright left Nigeria 19th in the FIFA World Rankings, before he took over they were 35th.

The 2010/11 season shone some new light on the young manager. Highly rated young goalkeeper, Matej Delac joined the club on loan from English champions, Chelsea. Wright also managed to snap up out-of-favour, Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov for £2m from Manchester City. With these signings, FC Kobenhavn managed to claim the title of the Danish Premier Division by 6 points ahead of rival team Brondby. The Europa League campaign was more successful, a highlight being a 2-0 win away at Bayern Munich. The Danish Cup was out of reach for the club, as they crashed out in the quarter-finals to the eventual winners, Brondby.

The beginning of the 2011/2012 season begun with Wright stating his intent to leave FC Kobenhavn for a more respected team within Europe. Speculation linked him with taking over from Martin O'Neill at Aston Villa and also with the vacant Tottenham Hotspur job, yet the chairmen of the clubs rejected his applications. Eventually, the Mexican FA approached Wright to fill their vacant managerial post and has done. So far he has only managed friendlys for the Mexican side, the highlight being a 4-2 win over Romania after coming from 2-0 behind.

So yeah, there's what I've done the last two seasons in two paragrapghs. Here is the current league table and a brief overview of my players.

danishleague1.jpg

Star Players

Cesar Santin - 30 Year old Brazilian striker, equally as good in left midfield. Named FC Kobenhavns player of the season for the 2009/10 season with 18 goals in 33 league appearences, he also claimed 11 assists and 5 man of the match awards. He managed 10 league goals last season and so far this year he has bagged 10 goals in 16 appeareances in all competitions, 6 in 9 games in the league.

Dame N'Doye - The Senegalese striker claimed player of the season last year with 17 goals in the league and claimed the Danish Premier League's top scorer award. He's continued his goal scoring this season with 12 goals in 16 games in all competitions.

Big Signings

Milan Badelj - The Croatian midfielder joined this season for £3.8m from DInamo. He has yet to make an impact as he still comes to terms with the club.

Lee Wallace - The young Scottish left back joined from Hearts in January of 2010. He has made a big impact on the club being one of the only established defenders in my back line.

Hot Prospects

Anders Damgaard - 17 year old Danish goalkeeper, many big name clubs such as Arsenal and Juventus has tried to capture the keeper, but he has stayed loyal to FC Kobenhavn and has made one solid first team performance against Teplice in the Champions League play-offs.

Filip Twardzik - Highly rated Czech U21 international. He has scored one goal in the only competitive game he has played in the same game which saw Damgaard's debut. He signed for 55k from Celtic in 2010 and many of Europes top clubs including Werder Bremen and Palermo have been trying to capture his signature.

You shall get some match updates next time :) Thanks for reading.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:42 PM ----------

Yeah thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate it..

Champions League Group G
FC Kobenhavn 0-0 Lyon
A very good defensive display from the Danish team. Qualification for the Europa League looks good after draws at Roma and now at home against French League runners-up Lyon. The most debatable moment in this game was Lyon's shout for a penalty, which the referee dismissed.

Danish Premier Division
FC Fredericia 1-1 FC Kobenhavn
The champions were expected to walk over the minnows in this league game with the team who sat rock bottom with 1 point from 10 games. William Kvist gave Kobenhavn a good lead after 39 minutes, however few expected a penalty to be given to the bottom side, which was cooly converted by Hans Jorgen Haysen. The FC Fredericia midfielder later turned hero to villain as he was sent off with 10 minutes of play to go, however the newly promoted side managed to cling on to a very big result in their history.

FC Kobenhavn 2-0 Silkeborg
The champions returned to winning ways with ease in this game against a very good defensive side. Cesar Santin converted an early penalty and Kobenhavn never looked like losing their lead. The win was confirmed when Valeri Bojinov scored his first league goal of the season late on. However, during the game last seasons top scorer, Dame N'Doye was taken off due to a hip injury. Danny Wright seemed to be cursing his luck as he revealed to the press after the game he could be out for up to 10 weeks.

Champions League Group G
Lyon 3-0 FC Kobenhavn
The Danish side were never going to be favourites for this and the French giants delivered their expecations. Sidney Govou scored 72 seconds into the game, and this put Lyon well on their way to achieve qualification. Fredrik Stoor picked up two yellow cards in this game and will miss a vital crunch match against Rapid Wien, which could end FC Kobenhavns European competitions this season. Wright will now have to settle for coming second.

Danish Premier Division
FC Nordsjaelland 1-2 FC Kobenhavn
Byens Hold got back to winning ways in this game. A very good attacking display in the first half saw Cesar Santin and Valeri Bojniov get on the score sheet again. The pair are seeming to play well with each other without N'Doye in contention. Wright's men now hold a two points lead over Brondby, having played a game less.

News
Danny Wright has been rumoured to have been searching for a new defender for the future as his scouts have been seen watching the German youth teams and also scouting young talent from his Mexican U20 side. Despite looking for a defender, Cruz Azul midfielder, Martin Galvan, looks to be on FC Kobenhavns books. The 18 year old has picked up 4 caps under Wright's reign as the Mexican boss.

However the big story coming out from Spain is the sacking of Sevilla boss, Miguel Angel Lotina. Danny Wright seems to be in their books as the side are currently sat one place above the relegation zone. FC Kobehavns board have dismissed claims that he has been approaced by the Sevilla chairman however.

Wright's Diary
Tuesday 8th November: 20:11
We face AC Horsens tomorrow in the Danish cup quarter final. If my memory serves me right they knocked us out in my first season. It should be a good game, however I'm confident. Valeri seems to be finding his form and Kvist has picked up player of the month, so he should be in good confidence he can lead the team to the semi-final. We MUST win this cup this season. It'll look good on my CV afterall...

PS: Mexico are to play England in a friendly soon. I really can't wait for this! Let's hope some English clubs consider me to be worthy to be placed in their books if ever needed.

Really nice OP mate,unlucky about the first season.

Good luck,will be following.

Heres one for you guys.. Euro 2012 Qualifying Nations:

Poland
Ukraine
Russia
Holland
Serbia
Cyprus
Belgium
Romania
Greece
Switzerland
Czech Republic
England
Sweden
Portugal
Italy
Turkey

No Spain, Germany, France, Croatia, Denmark or Andorra :(

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Danish Cup Quarter Final
FC Kobenhavn 2-1 AC Horsens (AET)
A very dissapointing display from the favourites to win the competition, yet they took the win with an outstanding goal in the 118th minute from William Kvist. The semi-final draw sealed the fate for the four teams left in the competition. AGF are to face out-of-form AaB, and FC Kobenhavn will play the dark horses of the competition, Brabrand of the Danish First Division.

International Friendlys
Trinidad & Tobago 1-3 Mexico
Wright seems to be drawing the best from striker, Nery Castillo as he bagged 2 goals in the space of 5 minutes in the first half. Andres Guardado netted the third. The only downpoint of the game was some very poor defending which allowed Bobby Zamora to grab a late consolation goal.

Mexico 1-2 England
Wright's team couldn't help but to watch as Peter Crouch fired England into an early 1-0 lead within 3 minutes. However, Andres Guardado got his second goal in as many games to draw Mexico level before the half time interval. However it was Crouch again who made the most of Mexico's poor defending to get his 29th international goal. Wright was gutted with the loss that could have established himself in the world of football management.

Danish Premier Division
FC Kobenhavn 1-1 Brondby
This top of the table clash never really got viewers on the edge of their seats. A bad mistake from Paul Hanlon gifted Brondby the lead, however Cesar Santin managed to get a quick reply and FC Kobenhavn took the point to keep their unbeaten league run going.

FC Kobenhavn 0-0 OB
Yet another abysmal display from Wright's men. They were cleaer favourites and taking a point wasn't enough to hold onto their lead at the summit of the Danish Premier Division, which is now occupied by Brondby with a great goal difference. However FC Kobenhavn hold that all-important game in hand against suprise-package, Viborg.

Champions League Group G
Rapid Vienna 2-0 FC Kobenhavn
The look of utter despair was on Wright's face as he saw his team be ripped apart by two goals in the first 15 minutes of the vital match. This result meant that FC Kobenhavn had nothing to play for anymore in the Champions League, cemented to the bottom of the group with 2 points from 5 games. Their next game against AS Roma will be no more than an exhibition match, but Wright has confirmed that he wants to crash out of Europe in great fashion.

News
Danny Wright told the media that he wasn't interested in taking over the Sevilla job. He hinted that a move to his home nation would be more appealing. Athletico Madrid boss, Quique Flores took the helm.
In other news, Dame N'Doye is set to be back from his injury before the mid-season Winter break. He will be touch-and-go up until kick off against AS Roma according to club physio, Jesper Larsen.
27.8._Dame_N_doye_pol_Ernst_van_Norde.jpg

Diary
Monday 28th November: 11:15
The team seemed very angry with me at training today after I had no choice but to highly critisize their outings over the last few weeks. They don't seem to be listening to me and their morale is at a new low, possibly worse than what it was at the end of my first season here. I think the board are also losing patience after recent results and the fans seem to be on my back a bit. We have to turn these draws into wins if we have any chance of retaining the title and also bringing the Danish cup back.

Mexico News
wf.02.09.07.mexico.logo.gif

The Mexican FA have announced their friendly fixtures for the next calender year of 2012. The year holds host to the 2012 Olympic games in London and also the 2012 European Championships, held in Poland and Ukraine. Here are the Mexican fixtures for 2012 in date order:

29th Feb: Romania vs Mexico
2nd Jun: Mexico vs USA
8th Sep: Turkmenistan vs Mexico
12th Sep: Egypt vs Mexico
13th Oct: Trinidad & Tobago vs Mexico
21st Nov: Mexico vs Portugal

Danny Wright was interviewed after the England game on his thoughts on the friendlys. He had this to say:
"I think that every man, woman and child in Mexico can look forward to both home matches against the United States and Portugal. I think the arrival of players such as Cristiano Ronaldo would definately make it an end of year treat for the fans... The away games are definately going to help me in sorting out the defensive problems for the side. The fixtures at Turkmenistan and Egypt will be the ties where I will probably be making most of my changes to the team."