From Fleetwood to the European Glory

• Thread starter Thread starter Tankeray28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 3K

Tankeray28

Reaction score
Hi dudes!!

I start this amazing adventure with a lot of illusion and managerial knowladge. In my previous games I played with Napoli (0 trophies in 5 years), Leeds (In Premier League in 3 years), Arsenal (2 Premier Leagues in 3 seasons and 2 FA Cups) and Toulousse (3 Ligues 1 in 4 seasons). I've never won a European Cup. All of them are good teams!

And now I will try to do it with Fleetwood. Why? Because I like to buy players and manage them and In a big team I get bored in few seasons. Fleetwood is a really small village (I'm from Barcelona so I had to look it in Google Maps :D) and it's name sounds good.

It starts in Blue Square North. Media Prediction: 4th. Not too much difficult to put them in BSP!!

I attach the Transfer History of First Season.

Nice to meet U all!! :D

Well! After a gaming afternoon I've reached the end of the first season. I finished first in the Blue Square North and it was quite confortable. Henckley was the other team to promote to BSP.

I made some important signings that helped a lot the team, despite the Striker Seddon was in a ecstatic form! For lower league teams I strongly recommend Charles Devineau and Yohan Guichard. I also made a loan of Callun O'Connor from Blackburn and he was the best average player of the season. The pity is that at the end he did'nt want to sing for Fleetwood. Bad guy....

During the season there where talkover talks and finally a new chairman came to manage the team. We are in a very bad economical situation but I hope that the good run of the team will help to improve it. If not, i don't have any player valued more than 50 K, so it will be hard!!

I attach Transfers of the season, the final table and the best team!

Now it will starts the real challenge!! BSP is waiting for Fleetwood!

Last edited:
So I started the second season. I've signed some players to reinforce the squad. I let go all the players that where ending contract because there wasn't anything to do with them... eat for fishes! :D

Now I have Preston as Parent club but the best players listed for loan didn't want to come to Fleetwood... I only convinced Jamie Proctor, a very young Stricker and in the second attemp also Gerard Kinsella. He is a beast! I made him the second loan offer on 31th August and I think that he was thinking "Fleetwood or the bench?" And won Fleetwood!

The Media prediction is that I will finnish 20th, but at the 7th journey I'm first. I don't think that I will be able to keep this position but I will try. Luton and York have really good squads this year! But I'm not a pushover!!

19 games played in Blue Square Premium

I have good news for the Fleetwood supporters! After 19 matches I'm leading the Blue Square Premier!

I think that I can consider myself a little bit lucky here. If we talk about individual players my team is quite far from the quality of Luton, York, Barnet, Oxford or Wrexham, but on the other hand the team is able to win most of the other matches (only 2 draws) .

I've lost in almost all complicated away matches (0-2 Luton, 0-2 York, 0-3 Ebsfleet, 1-4 Tamworth), but in the other hand I'm really competitive in all other matches. I usually win for 1 goal difference and with only 26 goals in 19 matches I have 41 points!!

The main problem I will have from now on is called injuries. The vertebral column of the team is going to the hospital and my reserves are far away of being stars. So I will have to continue playing this compact style of football and hoping that the strikers will continue scoring.

PS: The grass of the Fleetwood's Stadium seems a potato field. I think that it can be the reason of why i have 2 injured players per match. Any idea to improve it? The entity is without money! Maybe studying gerdening... XP

Every time I manage lower league teams with the aim of bringing them up, I try and get a very large database that includes South America too. Point being, lots of prospects on the cheap, lots of free players with second citizenship an EU country and they don't mind coming in for low low wages. They're just happy to come and have a chance to play in Europe. I signed a striker once, Argentinian, played with me for half a season then in January someone offered me over 6 times what I paid for him and though I really didn't want to sell, the board though differently. Still, 11 years later (this is a long long save) i'm still one of his fav personnel.

Thanks Frutty!

GrassMonkey, maybe it was a mistake for my part to not loading this leagues. I loaded the same leagues as if I was in a big Team (Spain, France, Italy, Germany and England). But anyway if yo overload your scouts and you get mad looking profiles you can find some interesting players. In the first season you have Charles Devineau and Yohan Guichard that are a couple of really good players. I'm playing with them in BSP now and they are outstanding. I also have to say that I ask for loans a lot and sometime you can convince a good player to come... Maybe the argentinian you are talking abaut is Irrazabal, he is in free transfer at the beginning and seems good, but he had a lot of setting problems in fleetwood!

Now I'm going to update Fleetwood history!

Fleetwood wins Blue Square Premium 2010/11

Yeaaah meeen! Fleetwood won the Blue Square Premier!! Fleetwood is a Coca Cola League 2 team now!!

It was a really surprising season for me. The main goal was to promote but my best desires were to do it through Play Offs, I didn't expect to finnish winner!

Special thanks to Simon Eastwood, a goalkeeper signed on a free transfer in January that has received 5 goals in 20 matchs... Amazing!

Also Gerard Kinsella (loaned from Preston), Dominic Collins (19 years defender), Yohan Guichard (7 mans of the match) and Gareth Seddon (Top goalscorer with 17 goals) helped a lot to make it possible.

I attach some screenshots showing that Media Predicton (20th) was totally destroyed!!

Now I have to start thinking in next season, because I don't think that this players are able to provide another nice surprise to Fleetwood supporters.

Hey The Shots!

Well, the challenge is to reach the European Qualification with Fleetwood. As I thought that the first to steps (Promotion to BSP and Promotion to CCL2) weren't too hard I decided to not post match reports and not adding too much detail. I think that now is where start the hard part of it! I think that it will be hard for my team to promote this yeat to CCL1.

But I'm eager to recieve any tip from you as I'm sure that you are a better story teller than me!

Thank's man!

Last edited:
I am from fleetwood and if its not a town why is the club fleetwood TOWN FC

"From Wikipedia"
Fleetwood is a town within the Wyre district of Lancashire, England, lying at the northwest corner of the Fylde.

donkarlito yeah you are right. but according to the attendace of the stadium it seems a village! xD

I have to think about changing the playing style! Or Gogos at half time? Any idea?

wow, how do you comlet your seasons so quick what computer do yu have?!

donkarlito yeah you are right. but according to the attendace of the stadium it seems a village! xD

I have to think about changing the playing style! Or Gogos at half time? Any idea?

They don't have a big attendance the only times I can remember them having a full stadium was against man utd in a friendly and fa cup game against Hartlepool fans are good low or high attendance

Yeah man, Fleetwood is paradise. I will offer you a role of Public Relations once the economy situation of the club gets better. Nice to meet you Fleetwood guy!

@dannyck I've one hp pavilion dv7, nothing amazing.

so how do you complete your seasons s quickly, it takes me about 3-4 night about 15 hours game time?

Have you still got Andy Pilley and Steve Curwood on your board

5th May 2011

After finishing his second season as Fleetwood Manager's Pep Soler needs to redirect the situation. Fleetwood Town was in the Blue Square North two years ago, and without knowing exactly how, Pep Soler has managed to put them in the Coca Cola League 2. It's the highest position ever for Fleetwood. Fleetwood fans are known for being one of the most loyal supporters of the region, and now they are still impressed of what has happened the last two years. This happiness it's only eclipsed by the confusion that surrounds the club daily life.

At the beginning nobody knew who was Pep Soler. A guy from Barcelona training in Fleetwood? What happen with the managers of the region? Is the board getting mad? The true is that the chariman Andy Pilley was trying a trick. Pilley became Fleetwood chairman in 2003 when the team was in North West Counties Football League and after 6 successful seasons he found himself with the club recently promoted to Blue Square North. Thing where going good for Fleetwood town and every time more supporters were attending the matches.

Despite of the great evolution of the team, money was starting to be a serious problem. The manager that achieved the promotion to BSN (Mickey Mellon) was asking for a great amount of money to renew his contract. Andy Pillew realised at this moment that his last years management style were going to exploit. The expensive signings done last years to increase club stature and reputation where destroying the club structure. He had to look for drastic solution to avoid bankrupt.

Then appeared Pep Soler.

Pep Soler was a catalan regional football player that felt in love with an english girl during 2009 summer. The feelings where so strong that one month latter he was packing his bag and arrived to Fleetwood in later August. Live is a coincidence, and Andey Pillew saw in her daughter boyfriend his last chance to make things go well. Pep Soler take the job as Fleetwood Manager for free. Or for love, that sounds better.

Anyway the economical matter was still a big problem and in December of 2009 Andey Pillew had to leave the club for lack of funds. A Mexican singer called Guillermo Cantú decided to purchase for the club and invested the money needed to avoid Fleetwood disapper.

Time has gone and promotions have come but the Fleetwood supporters were still thinking what the **** was happening there. Maybe that lack of information about club's daily life was the reason why the attendance in the stadium didn't increase despite of football team successes.

Now, on 5th May 2011, it's the moment to explain everything. I hope that Fleetwood supporters will start to belive in me as a person in the same way I've showed that they can belive in me as a manager.

Long live to Fleetwood! I will do all my best to make the club as good as it's supporters. Thanks for staying with the club in the hard moments.

See you on the field,

Pep Soler.

Last edited:
Back