From Fleetwood to the European Glory

• Thread starter Thread starter Tankeray28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 3K
10th May

I want to specially thanks all the Fleetwood supporters that have contacted with me the last days. Now that all of you understand the situation it will be easier for me to make the communication task. As I made 5 days ago, I will continue posting here the decisions that I take and explain what is the current situation of the squad. I also want to say that my english is still improving so I apologize for my gramatic aberrations.

we've just finnished the season but I think that it's the right moment to stop celebrating the promotion and start preparing the next one. As you can see we have a lot of players that are not good enough to jump in Coca Cola League 1. Thats the reson why I won't renew the following contracts:

Shaun Beeley
Gavin Cowan
Jamie Mullan
Adam Warlow
Steve Connors

I want to thank all of them for the years spent in the club and they daily effort. But football is played in present and now they don't fit in the squad we are designing. Best wishes for all of them.

The other players will remain with us but the economical situation may force us to sell one of them if we recieve a good offer.

We are working in signing quality players to boost our chances of making something good in CCL2.

Nice summer for all the squad.

Pep Soler

Last edited:
Andy Warlow (on the game) is like the white heskey, how did he survive in the BSP ?

Andy Warlow (on the game) is like the white heskey, how did he survive in the BSP ?

Off the record:

You are right! He is more or less like a stick in the middle of the field: Annoying! But he was the fifth striker. He didn't want to leave and he had contract. The last season was on loan at Vauxhall (13 apps 3 goals 1 assist).

The beast of Fleetwood is called Gareth Seddon (37 app 17 goals in BSP). It seems not too much but we really had a problem scoring. We have to find good strikers for the CCL2. I know that you are a really good manager, if you have any suggestions feel free to share!

We are in talks with Tristan Plummer. But it's a closed box. Young and quite fast.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

12th May 2011

Team report at the moment. We will avoid to loose the * players. There is nothing sure about the other players. But I really encourage them to train hard. CCL2 will be the war

Goalkeepers

Simon Eastwood *
Alan Brooks

Defenders

David Artell *
Dominic Collins *
Ruben Zadkovich *
Lewis Emanuel *
Sean Clancy
Steve McNulty

Midfielers

Charles Devineau *
Yohan Guichard *
Gareth Williams *
Tom Kaak
Anthony Barry
Asa Hall
Nathan Rooney

Forwards

Gareth Seddon *
William Grigg *
Tom Cahill
Maximo Irrazabal

Pep Soler.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

25th June 2011

The new season is coming and today I had a meeting with the board. They have communicated me that now Fleetwood is a professional team. They wanted to thanks me for the task I've done and they were specially happy with the new communication policy.

The hottest point of the meeting was to choose what was the season expectation. The wanted to fight for trying to avoid relegation (Media prediction is 24th) but I said that I don't see anything worse that mid table finnish.

Transfer Budget: 120K
Wage Budget: 925K per year

We are still working in the squad's confection.

Pep Soler

Nice job, keep going. 120k quite much transfer budget, thought you'd get less .

3rd August 2011

As most of you will probably know, the level difference between BSN and BSP was not too high. That's the reason why we were able to make an amazing season with only few signings and mantaining the winning block of BSN. This years things are completely different. Now we are playing professional football for the first time in Fleetwood history and we need to make a qualitive leap.

I still have little voice inside my head that tell me that we have to make exactly the same to finnish the league in 5th position than to finnish it 24th: playing 46 matches. So despite that i can seem crazy, I will try to put Fleetwood on Playoffs this years. I hope that with that in mind you will understand why so many changes in the squad.

The following players have left the club although they still had contract with Fleetwood:

Anthony Barry - Dag & Red
Tom Cahill - Accrington (I talked with him and he decided to leave Fleetwood anfter realizing that he was the 6th striker in the team.)
David Artell - Brentfort
Steve MacNulty - Burton
Sean Clancy - Northampton
Máximo Irrazabal - York
Lewis Emanuel - Crewe
Jamie Mullan - Released
Alan Brooks - Llanelli

And the reasons for this goodbays are the following signings:

Goalkeepers:

Mirko Ranieri (9 K)
Geoffrey Andrietti (40 K)

Defenders:

Grant Basey (DL)
Alex Billington (DL on loan from Blackburn)
Onanga Itoua (DC)
Mark O'Brien (DC on loan from Derby)
Lee Burns (DC on loan from Liverpool)
Scott Wiseman (16K DR)

Midielers

Sanaa Altama (DM)
Baptiste Anziani (DM)
Gerard Kinsella (MC We loaned him again!)

Strikers

Cédric Leitao
Tristan Plummer
Elliot Chamberlain

With this players the squad is almost closed. But if we have the chance to make a bargain of a good player we will do it. I know that we need some time to blend the squad but we don't have it. In three days we start the league at home against Grimsby. Hope to see you there!

Pep Soler

Last edited:
10th Semptember 2011

Dear Supporters,

I was early on August the last time that I wrote to you. Now finally we have the squad closed after making 6 more signings:

Kyle Bennett (AMR Blackpool on loan)
Nicola Saric (AMC iverpool on loan)
Maxime Carney (AMC Free)
Zakaria Labyad (AMC Manchester City on loan)
Thibault Moulin (MC Free)
Xavier Martin (DL Free)

Now we have solved the problem of the attacking midfieler area and we have more tactical options. With these, are 24 the new players arrived this summer. It's almost a full team but CCL2 will be long and hard and that's the reason why a squad of 30 was necessary.

And now let's talk about football!

I want to transcribe here the words that I've said to my players in the team talks of the seven matches that we have already played: "You can win this! You only have to play as you know and results will come. We have potential to make something great this season! Good luck guys!" And thats the result:

Fleetwood 2 - Grimsby 1: 2300 supporters were making possible to win in our first match ever in CCL2!

Fleetwood 1 - Blackpool 3: KO in League Cup. We were not playing as we know. We were afraid of playing against a higher reputation team and we didn't show our level. Bad done.

Stockport 2 - Fleetwood 1: The same again. The opponent was already winning before the match. We have to start thinking that we can play well against good teams.

Fleetwood 2 - Northampton 1: We will take this! :D Northampton knoked us out of FA Cup last year and we took revenge in Highbury. It was the perfect example that we can beat biiger teams if we belive on it!

Aldershot 0 - Fleetwood 1
Fleetwood 3 - Dag & Red 0
Mansfield 0 - Fleetwood 1
: A prestigious win in a very difficult field. Mansfield for sure will be fighting for the playoffs this year!

We are surprisingly leading CCL2 and it's due to our defensive performance. In attack, we have to congratulate for his fast adaptation to Cédric Leital (6 goals in 7 matches). I also want to praise the form of Grant Basey who is leading our backline.

Last edited:
Nice story, I have a save with Fleetwood, I didn't think anyone do a story on them especially someone from Barcalona :)

I am in the Championship at the moment acheiving 4 promotions in 5 seasons. Despite having no money for the past 4 seasons. They are a good team to manage, just difficult to get money :)

Good Luck. Hope you have the patience to go for Europe, I don't.

Nice story, I have a save with Fleetwood, I didn't think anyone do a story on them especially someone from Barcalona :)

I am in the Championship at the moment acheiving 4 promotions in 5 seasons. Despite having no money for the past 4 seasons. They are a good team to manage, just difficult to get money :)

Good Luck. Hope you have the patience to go for Europe, I don't.

Hey dude!

I wanted to made a big challenge classfying a lower league team to Europe. I chose doing it in England because I really like their system. In Spain 3rd division has 4 groups of 20 teams and forth division has... 18 groups of 20 teams!! It's too much scattered! You should try to finnish your challenge! You are almost at the end!

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

4th December 2011

Dear Supporters,

I know that most of you are happy with the overall performace of the team but slightly concerned about our last matches display. Let's make a review to the situation.

Accrington 3 - Fleetwood 0: It was the return to reality. We lost in the field of the last team of the division. It was the moment to see how the players react at this.

Fleetwood 1 - Bournemouth 1: Good result against one direct rival.

Fleetwood 1 - Morecambe 1: Bad result against one team that is attempting to avoid relegation. We are in a bad form.

Barnet 1 - Fleetwood 3: Cédric Leitao scored again and it helped us to change dynamics.

Fleetwood 1 - Tranmere 0
Fleetwood 1 - Accrington 0
Fleetwood 2 - Herefort 0
Chesterfield 1 - Fleetwood 0
Crewe 0 - Fleetwood 0
: We have serious problems scoring in the last matches. Cedric Leitao and Tristan Plummer have a lot of shots in every game and they fall all of them. Know i understand the importance of a good finnishing in a player (Plummer 10 and Leitao 8)... I'm thinking about bringing someone in January!

Fleewood 4 - Burton 0: Well, maybe I will think about a new striker another day XD. Hat trick of Leitao and the other from Plummer. Write these names: Zakaria Labyad and Tibault Moulin. They are very important as MC in my formation 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2.

Fleewood 3 - Bristol Rovers 1: Yeeeah maaan! Win in FA Cup first round against a higher division team. Well done!

Fleetwood 1 - Port Vale 1 PENALTIES: Another nice win against a CLL1 team to boost our morale. We are in JPT semifinals.

Torquay 0 - Fleetwood 1

20th November = DISASTER!!!

It was my mistake. I had 3 short term loans of very important players (Kinsella, Labyad and Saric) and all of them are finnishing now. I don't have more options to make more short terms loans because I also have 4 players in long term loan. We will miss a lot these players. Specially in the MC and AMC zone. Looking fordward to see how the team react to the setback.

Fleetwood 1 - Brentford 1 Not too bad result against a dangerous team.

Fleetwood 0 - Darlington 0: FA Cup second round. We had chances enough to defeat them but we missed to many clear goals.

Macclesfield 1 - Fleetwood 1

Fleetwood 1 - Nots County 2: One of the worst matches since I'm Fleetwood manager. We could have lost 0-4.

We are currently in 5th position. I'll try to explain players that we can suceed with the current squad but I will put an eye to the winter transfer market.

See you soon.

Last edited:
Back