From Hero to Zero - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

wonderkiss

Reaction score
MANCHESTER UNITED WIN THE TITLE BUT DISASTER STRIKES AS PLAYER COLLAPSES.​

It was a wet and windy day, United were winning 3-0 against Southampton, Van Nistlerooy scored two of the goals and I got the other one just before half-time. We went into the dressing room and Fegie told us to keep working hard out on the field, to keep playing the way we were playing.

The Second Half kicked off we were prepared to keep the lead and dominate. It was around about the 85th minute of the game then my team-mate Cantona played a through ball into me and I struck the ball into the back of the net and started to celebrate, I ran up to the United fans and they were all celebrating. Then I was running back into my position Suddenly I fell onto my knees and started to tremble then all of a sudden I collapsed on the field. They managed to carry me off the field after spending approxmitely 10 minutes working on me then I got taken off and put into the Ambulance.

By the time I got to the Hospital the game finished and we won 4-0 and won the title that day. They done some basic tests on my heart. They came back with the results half an hour later and told me I had a enlarged heart and couldn't play football again, so I took the opportunity to retire from the game and take some time off which I did.

Dover Appoint Solskjaer as manager

On the 9th December 2011 Dover Athletic have announced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their new manager. This is Solskjaer's first venture into management. The Former Manchester United star had this to sayQuote
"I am very pleased to have been offered the Job at Dover Athletic I hope I can be a success here and go far with this team"

Solskjaer will be looking to make an impact when his first game in charge is against Blue Square South outfit Tonbridge in the FA Trophy. Will Solskjaer be a Success or will he be a "Gunnar"? only time will tell.

DOVER'S DECEMBER RESULTS

10th December 11: Tonbridge 1 - 1 Dover Ath. - FA Trophy R1
14th December 11: Dover Ath. 5 - 0 Tonbridge - FA Trophy R1 replay
17th December 11: Dover Ath. 1 - 1 Farnborough - Blue Sq.South
26th December 11: Basingstoke 1 - 4 Dover Ath. - Blue Sq.South
28th December 11: Dover Ath. 0 - 0 Dartford - Blue Sq.South
31st December 11: Dover Ath. 1 - 0 Chelmsford - Blue Sq.South

Overall a good month happy with the results

Result of the month: Basingstoke 1 - 4 Dover Ath.

DOVER'S JANUARY RESULTS

4th January 12: Dover Ath. 4 - 1 Staines - Blue Sq.South
7th January 12: Hampton&Rich 0 - 1 Dover Ath. - Blue Sq.South
11th January 12: Dover Ath. 2 - 1 Eastleigh - Blue Sq.South

14th January 12: Dover Ath. 1 - 0 Forest Green - FA Trophy R2
18th January 12: Dover Ath. 5 - 0 Maidenhead - Blue Sq.South
21st January 12: Dorchester 0 - 0 Dover Ath. - Blue Sq.South
28th January 12: Dover Ath. 2 - 0 Thurrock - Blue Sq.South
31st January 12: Weston-sup.. 0 - 4 Dover Ath. - Blue Sq.South

Fantastic month, top of the league by 3 points would post screenshots but don't know how to do it on my ipod.

Result of the month: Dover 5 - 0 Maidenhead

DOVER'S FEBRUARY RESULTS

4th February 12: Dover Ath. 1 - 0 Eastleigh - FA Trophy R3
8th February 12: Dover Ath. 2 - 2 Boreham Wood - Blue Sq.South
11th February 12: Salisbury 1 - 3 Dover Ath. - Blue Sq.South
18th February 12: Dover Ath. 3 - 3 Bromley - Blue Sq.South
25th February 12: Dover Ath. 2 - 0 Bath - FA Trophy R4
29th February 12: Sutton Utd 1 - 1 Dover Ath. Blue Sq.South

Good month not as good as usual though will post screenshot of league table a little bit later. Delighted to be in the Semi-Finals of the FA Trophy. Also happy with the result at Salisbury Away. Overall good month and hope my unbeaten run continues.

Result of the month: Dover 2 - 0 Bath