From Level 9 to League 2 and Beyond! A Consett AFC Story!

FM-KING

Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 77589

Hi guys so I decided to make a poll earlier asking if you guys would like to follow me on my epic success with Non league side Consett, they are my local team, only living 10 minutes away from their ground. I have already been promoted through all the non professional leagues and now I have hit the big time!

I have loved every minute of playing from scratch with this club, I started from the Northern League Division 1 and now I am in the Coca Cola League 2, which I think is amazing! Just got the message to say we have finally turned professional!! I will upload as many screenshots as I can of past experience and successes, But this story is far from over! Can I guide Consett AFC to Champions League Glory?

My aim is to get this small time club to the premier league within 5 years! Anything lower than that is an absolute bonus! I have dealt with the poor pitches and rubbish players in the lower leagues, now the football begins!

I hope you can follow guys because I am going to make this as good as I can!, I will not copy and paste the Wiki about Consett Football Club but I will post the link incase you would like a peek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consett_A.F.C.

Here are some screenshots of my history and previous league positions, I hope you enjoy :)

View attachment 77592

View attachment 77593

View attachment 77594

View attachment 77595

View attachment 77596

View attachment 77597

That is my past success etc, I will post in the next update my loan signings over the years just incase people think I cheat, and also my top rated players history etc! Hope you guys enjoy and look forward for the next update!

Past Loan signings and Free Transfers

These are the players who have helped me achieve where I am today, some amazing loan and free signings I was able to ****** from the hands of higher teams!

View attachment 77599

View attachment 77600

View attachment 77601

View attachment 77602

View attachment 77603

View attachment 77604

I will post 1 more update of my key players etc, If you need anything else just say and I will post it, I am just trying to get up to date so I can begin the story on the future years :) Sorry if it just looks like screenshots now but thats all I can use as I cant remember back when I first started lol

very interested in this as i'm doing the same with my local club! Only in ve second year though, still stuck in non-league ;) will defo be following this mate :)

Some of you may have heard of Kieran Agard from Everton? I managed to snap him up on a free transfer and I must say he has been one of my best players on Football Manager ever! I really cant praise him enough for what he has done for Consett and recommend him to anyone managing a lower league club!

King Agard

View attachment 77605

Here is his history and stats for me in my game...

View attachment 77606

View attachment 77607

His stats may not look to good but remember this was non league football, also his goals and assists every season is amazing! Great buy!!

Magic Sweeney?

This guy was my player of the season, instrumental in everything from the center of the park, great for a free signing and have big plans for him in the current season!

View attachment 77608

View attachment 77609

Well thats it guys, I have caught up with the past as much as I could, Like I said if you need anything else just give me a shout, I and the Consett squad now face a tough challenge ahead in League 2!

Whats ur budget for next season m8
Budget is only £6,634 lol, pretty poor I know and it may be a struggle, but the next update will show you some top class future wonderkids that I was able to get on loan! So excited to see them play!

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

very interested in this as i'm doing the same with my local club! Only in ve second year though, still stuck in non-league ;) will defo be following this mate :)
M8 I have never had as much fun on any football manager game, although at times annoying, and the football looks pretty awful lol, I have really enjoyed it, I believe I am now past the no money part and can now start buying and selling maybe lol

thats alright for league 2 really and if u keep getting promoted u will get more money and more fans and so on

Yeah I guess lol, got all my 4 loan players this season so now looking in the bargain bucket, But I think I have a chance of promotion, but it will be difficuilt!

Scott Brings in youngsters to help boost Consett's chances of promotion

Consett Manager Ryan Scott wasted no time bringing fresh young talent to Belle Vue Park, The following loan signings have been confirmed and Scott is said to be excited at the chance of seeing the youngsters play!

Scott raided Manchester Uniteds youth by bringing in 3 of their top talents for the future!

Ignacio

View attachment 77621

Real talent for the future and will dominate the center midfied role at Bell Vue!

Adam Gilbert

View attachment 77622

Knows as a hot prospect by United, The young striker should bag a few goals at Consett!

Gerard Verhaar

View attachment 77623

Yet another hot prospect at United, 6 Youth Caps and 7 goals for Holland gets Scott very excited!

Neil Schofield

View attachment 77624

Solid Center Back on loan from Hull, should command the back line well and be a dominant force throughout the season!

I will be bringing in a few more faces but nobody as big as these 4 players, My season is in these young guys hands and I hope they live up to expectation!

Consett announce Sunderland as Parent Club!

View attachment 77625

Some money incoming at the end of the season was the reason behind this move, aswell as young Sunderland players hopefully joining Consett on loan!

Nice loan signings mate. They should do well

I hope so pal, 3 kids from Man Utd and they have the highest youth setup, I am struggling to find players now :(, can only loan 4

Lol maybe keep it like that til January unless u really need a position

AUGUST

Consett welcomed former League One outfit Chesterfield to Bell Vue Park, Chesterfield were firm favourites in this tie but could there be an upset?

View attachment 77627

View attachment 77628

What an amazing opening game this was, We took a 3-0 lead after 7 minutes, but Chesterfield fought back, the 2 Man Utd signings were Wold Class! Consett shock title favourites in opening game

Consett face the Impossible?

Consett play Oldham in the Carling Cup first round tonight, this will prove to be a very difficuilt evening especially away from home, Oldham are currently lying first in the Championship having won their first game!

View attachment 77630

View attachment 77631

View attachment 77632

View attachment 77633

AMAZING result for Underdogs Consett, We dominated the Championship side, who sported players like Joey Barton and Bradley Wright Phillips! I cant be more delighted with my players and Ignacio was absolutley top class tonight!!

Lincoln a little to strong for Consett

View attachment 77634

View attachment 77635

View attachment 77636

This result hurt, considering we absolutely dominated the game, Agard hit the post in the 90th minute which just rounded off our match, we were the underdogs but I still remain upbeat and believe in my squad, Injusries have thinned my squad and this month I think will be a struggle!

Consett prove to much to handle as they hammer Brighton!

View attachment 77637

View attachment 77638

View attachment 77639

I could not have asked for anything else today, the team played quality and the 3 signings from manchester United are Dominating the pitch, I am delighted with our start to the season and hope our recent form continues!

Consett Travel to Charlton for a tough away Carling Cup 2nd Round Tie

View attachment 77640

View attachment 77641

View attachment 77642

As always expected, Charlton are to strong for me at the moment, Still a decent performance, and we created chances, But luck was not on our side, Bye Bye Carling Cup :(

Stockport To much for Consett

View attachment 77643

View attachment 77644

View attachment 77645

Another disappointing result, we could have easily have got a point, but it just shows my squad is nowhere near as strong as most in league 2, I think avoiding relegation will be an achievement this season!

August Player Of The Month

View attachment 77646

The young lad from manchester United notched up 5 goals in 4 league games this month, looking really promising and hope he continues banging them in!

Not bad results I guess, But league 2 is a different class to the semi professional leagues, I am dominating teams yet they are still beating me, But no matter where I finish I am gunna continue and get Consett to the Premier League!

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Nest update coming very soon, anyone following :)?

September

Well not a bad month overall, every game seems a tough fixture in this league and it is only going to get harder as the season progresses, This month I managed to gain a few vital points which have left me in a respectable league position, Not far from a playoff spot and the team are starting to gel and play at the standard I expect!

Consett Show Class to beat League 1 side Preston in the Johnstone's Trophy First Round

View attachment 77763

View attachment 77764

View attachment 77765

Really good result away to Preston, also known as another Giant killing, We were underdogs by both the media and our own fans so I am estatic to progress through to the 2nd round! Left Back John Giles was once again outstanding, picking up a man of the match performance!

League Leaders Hartlepool Hammer Consett!

View attachment 77769

View attachment 77770

View attachment 77771

Hartlepool proved to strong for Consett tonight, Although Consett matched them on possession, Hartlepool finished their chances and picked up an easy 3 points, Scott stated after the game, A result like this was always expected, we Just have to keep fighting and hope eventually our league form will improve.

Bell Vue Park sees Consett Pick Up a Point From Bradford!

View attachment 77772

View attachment 77773

View attachment 77774

Tonight was a fiar result for both sides, although Consett edged it on possession, Scott declared himself a proud man and was happy with a point, Consett's home form is still solid and Bell Vue Park is still a fortress.

Dominant Consett!!

View attachment 77779

View attachment 77780

View attachment 77781

Easy Home game for us, we never looked like loosing, alot of possession and many shots, Scoreline should have been alot more than 2-0, Man United Youngster Ignacio was amazing, bagging 2 goals and picking up a man of the match performance!

2 In a Row For Consett!

View attachment 77782

View attachment 77783

View attachment 77784

Another solid performance away from home from the boys, not as much possession this game but we created a chance which is the only thing that matters, Once again young John Giles picks up man of the match, This guy is turning into a real gem for me and I know other clubs are interested in him!

Bristol Rovers pick up 3 points from wasteful Consett!

View attachment 77787

View attachment 77788

View attachment 77789

Once again we are the better team and create more chances, But this match my team was tired, I am sometimes playing a game every 2 days which cant be right! I have full faith the team will come back stronger after a much needed rest!

Bury are dead and Buried!

View attachment 77791

View attachment 77792

View attachment 77793

Sensational result from struggling Bury, once again the Manchester United trio of youngsters were immence! They had more possession but we peppered their goal with shots and deserved this scoreline, This is good for our goal difference and we sit in a nice position in the league!

Exeter City hold on for a point!

View attachment 77794

View attachment 77795

View attachment 77796

Happy with a point here I guess although 3 would have been better, Anton Blackwood at the back gave a solid performance and picked up man of the match, Exeter are actually doing really well in the league so I can only say I am happy!

Overall good month for me, at the end of the next update I will start posting end of month league tables etc, If there is anything else you would like me to add to the story please say so!

Unlucky with Bristol and Hartlepool but otherwise good results

Thanks m8 :), Well atleast I have 1 follower lol, Yeah Hartlepool had a shock coming to them though, You may want to read next update to find out how lol!

October

Well having August passed over and an average month for Consett, we now look forward to October, Scott feels the teaming are starting to Gel now and hopes this month they can pick up as many points as possible!

Consett beat Torquay despite beaing the poorer side

View attachment 77811

View attachment 77812

View attachment 77813

A nice 3 points for Consett today to start off hopefully a good month in October, Torquay had more possession and shots, but Consett did what mattered and netted 3 times, Youngster Gerard Verhaar netted once and claimed the man of the match award

Consett;s Run Continues!

View attachment 77815

View attachment 77816

View attachment 77817

An easy victory today away to Mansfield, I thought Mansfield would have been a tough side to beat, but they proved me wrong, Consett were dominant throughout and the scoreline should have been alot more!, However Consetts rich vein of form continues...

Johnstone's Trophy 2nd Round

Consett today face a very difficuilt and strong opposition in Hartlepool, The pool currently lie 1st in League 2 and are dominating everone they play, They recently hammered Consett earlier in the league but could this be different? Hartlepools home advantage could prove vital!

View attachment 77818

View attachment 77819

View attachment 77820

Consett Hammer Hartlepool to progress to the quarter finals, Nobody could have expected this result but the team played absolutely amazing, Scott stated words can not describe how I feel right now, I am so proud of the lads! Roberto Morino was absolutely Fantastic today and deserved his man of the match, That will show the Pools for bragging about an early season victory! Bing on the League!!!

Consett Hammer Stevenage

View attachment 77821

View attachment 77822

View attachment 77823

An easy 3 points which leaves us in a comfortable play off spot, Proud of all the players today, ad the fans, Bell Vue recorded the highest attendance to date with 3900 attending to watch Consett play!

Consett hammered and brought back down to earth by Brentford!

View attachment 77825

View attachment 77826

View attachment 77827

Hammered fair and square, Brentford are top of the table, I did not expect a scoreline like this but I guess thats football, Look forward to the next game away to Port Vale!

Consett to strong for Port Vale

View attachment 77841

View attachment 77842

View attachment 77843

Really good resuly and my home record is still amazing, This sits us 4th in the league, way above expectations!

Oxford Hammered?

View attachment 77844

View attachment 77845

View attachment 77846

Consett hammered Oxford tonight with Adam Gilbert Scoring 4 goals, The loanee from Manchester United is proving to be a real future prospect for the Premier League and will no doubt bag many more for Consett! He single handly beat Oxford on his own!

Amazing Month for Consett apart from the defeat against Brentford, However we are so close to an automatic Promotion spot and dominating teams when we play at home, Adam Gilbert is this Months player of the month scoring freely every match!

View attachment 77847

League Table at the end of Ocotber

View attachment 77848